rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red key on clocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red key on clocks
    Posted: 09 May 2016 at 19:10
Right I've just got another set of cocks for my bike as the LCD went on mine but now I have the red key light staying on all the time even when it is switched off any ideas ?

Cheers
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 19:46
Originally posted by Stormy Stormy wrote:

Right I've just got another set of cocks for my bike as the LCD went on mine but now I have the red key light staying on all the time even when it is switched off any ideas ?

Cheers

It's an immobilisor error.

Solid light normally means no keys are coded to the immobilisor. Have you fitted a new one of those as well ?

Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 22:26
Bike still starts ect just that light stays on its the first of the gen2 btw
Will this fail to start at some point then ?
Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 22:27
No not done anything else
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 22:53
The imobilisor ecu might be at fault, hard to say for sure.

Did you disconnect the batt earth when fitting the dash ? Dash is part of the CAN bus and it will have been spiked if the batt was still connected which might have upset it. Try disconnecting batt for 30 seconds and see if the error returns.

Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 14:38
Cheers spoonz il try that tonight as I didn't disconnect the battery when I did it
Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 19:33
Tryed that then tryed it for about 30 mins ! Light stays on running or switched off
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 19:36
it's either a fault with the dash or the immobilisor ecu.
You could take the immobilisor unit out of circuit and see what happens. It won't start but see if the light goes out.
Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 20:07
How do that and where do I find it
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 20:10

How do that and where do I find it

unplug it and see what happens with the light. On left side inner fairing panel at about radiator height. Has the words Zardi written on it.

Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 20:22
3 connectors coming off it ? When I unplug small one still on unplug bigger one with yellow pink red/white still on unplug one with blue purple and pink it goes off
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 20:44
Not the dash then it would seem. When you turn on the key, does the light flash off even for a split second or is it just always on solid ?

If it is solid always I would say the immobilisor is at fault. Maybe it has been duff for a bit but the faulty dash masked the problem.
Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 20:55
Just stays on mate can it be bypassed ? Or is it a new unit plus key ?
How come bike still runs ok ?
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 21:03

Just stays on mate can it be bypassed ? Or is it a new unit plus key ?
How come bike still runs ok ?

Depends on the failure point within the immobilisor. Sometimes they fail and shut down the bike and sometimes the other way.

They do suffer bad solder joints internally and you can often fix issues by cutting it open and re soldering. There is pictures etc on the forum somewhere if you search.

It can be bypassed yes or get a new unit. (don't need new keys) but at least it's not failed and shut the bike down and you can ride it. I think the unit costs about £140 if you go that route.
Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 14:05
What about 2nd hand one would that do the trick ?
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 14:48

What about 2nd hand one would that do the trick ?

That's fine as along as it comes with at least one key. If it has no keys with it then you can't program it to your original keys without sending it to a third party company to be done.

To put the immobilisor ecu in learn mode needs at least 1 key that is already programmed to it.
Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 19:30
So I'd be better taking clocks apart and poping a bit of tape over it
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 20:24

until it stops you riding the bike I would be tempted to leave it. chances are it's not immobilisiing the bike anymore but it wouldn't stop a decent crook anyway. If it acts up rip It out and bypass it.

Stormy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 21:39
Il do what I said above and Cheers for all your help spoons mate   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic