rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wiring cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wiring cut
    Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 17:59
Hey people got an 03 tuono and under the right hand panel by the seat I have 2 green n white wires into a connector not plugged in to anything and a green and blue connector not plugged into anything but they look asif they shoukd connect to each other , also have some other wiring cut n taped up right by the batterys negative terminal , can anybodybshed some light ? Bike runs fine but really rich
tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:25
Hiya bud

that picture is part of your diagnostics circuit,  You connect that and turn ignition on (but engine off) to check throttle body sensor position (it'll register a "0" or a "1").  ")" signifies correct TBS position ans "1" means it needs a tiny tweak one way or tuther (the throttle body sensor is housed on the TB and has a locking bolt that if slackened slightly allows setting of sensor).

Cut wire by battery could be from a former alarm or something?

if you check the block connectors to your ECU box, the one on the far left lower corner should be a blue/green one.  That's your Map1 or Map2 wire.  Connected with the RP58 chip in place (if still used on the 53 reg bikes) it runs on the restricted map.  Cut, it runs on the full power map, or more accurately, one runs leaner for Euro compliance whilst one runs richer at higher revs and allows allow open pipe/fast flow air filter.  If it runs rich, get the tuning checked out by the Griff Meister ;-)
R1200RS

Gricey86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:28
Excellent , yeah I wonderd if it was old alarm but it looks to be factory loom ill take the tape off n post another pic , connected the diag and its reading 1 do I have an issue ?
tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
Gricey86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:35
sorry for poor picrure im on my phone n my battery wont let me use a flash lol , theres several wires crimoed together there and no sign of alarm ever being fitted
tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:37
No, no major issue, just a minor adjustment.

Locate the throttle body sensor.   remove left hand fairing panel and look to the rear of your throttle body stack for a black plastic or alloy casing with a sensor wire connected.  You'll see that the sensor body is retained by a single pinch bolt.  Slacken this slightly and turn fractionally one way and the other way whilst reading the sensor position off the dash.  When it reads zero, that's where it should be.

All this does is tell the ecu where the throttle closed position should be for correct fuelling.  Get it out and it makes a difference to correct pick up but not the end of the world.
R1200RS

Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:38
That picture shows multiple wires and it looks more like a power circuit than a control circuit.  My best guess is that it is from an old alarm unless it is clearly wired into the main loom, but if it was, I'm sure you would have picked up by now that something major wasn't working!
R1200RS

Gricey86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:42
They are definatly main loom wires but everything works fine its abit rich but I thibk the wire u spoke of earlier is cut this bundle has 8 wires crimped together that can be right surely?

tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
edelliott View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
Chippy maker!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edelliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:54
Hi

You cant read the Diag reading that way its not accurate!

It will read 1 because the fast idle screw has to be wound in to bring the idle up to the correct level
This reading is for checking the TPS sensor and it should be read when the fast idle screw is wound completly out.

This is just to ensure the TPS is set to 0
If your bike is running ok leave it well alone.

Forza Aprilia Racing
Http://www.forzaaprilaracing.co.uk

Gricey86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:56
Lovely job ill head that advice , now just to sort that wiring out
tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
Gricey86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:59
Lovely job ill head that advice , now just to sort that wiring out
tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
A303 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 19:04
If it's working fine I'd just tape it up again!
Gricey86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 19:09
Yeah that is a temptation but I want it right ya know , n whilst I got me new garage up I wanna tinker lmao
tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 19:30
Originally posted by edelliott edelliott wrote:

Hi

You cant read the Diag reading that way its not accurate!

It will read 1 because the fast idle screw has to be wound in to bring the idle up to the correct level
This reading is for checking the TPS sensor and it should be read when the fast idle screw is wound completly out.

This is just to ensure the TPS is set to 0
If your bike is running ok leave it well alone.

Yup, well picked up and my apologies as Ed's right of course.  Idle screw all the way out. No biggie to do though and no harm in checking.
R1200RS

A303 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 20:29
Originally posted by Gricey86 Gricey86 wrote:

Yeah that is a temptation but I want it right ya know , n whilst I got me new garage up I wanna tinker lmao

'Right' is a relative term where Italian electrics are concerned - might be that Luigi at the factory was gagging to get home for his Carbonara so just snipped and taped to get it off the production line!
(Although probably not).
Gricey86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 20:35
Bahahaha awesome lol probably
tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic