Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pro Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro Carbon
    Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 17:12
well, the front air intake on my bike is plastic, and i hate it, so after searching, i found the company that makes a carbon fibre one from czech. They say they are the only people in the world to make it, so  has anyone else had one from these guys, and was the quality as good as they say.

The blinging process has started already, well its so bloody wet and cold outside, i might as well spend the unused petrol fund ehSmile
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 11:06

Dazzer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Scally

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 16:24
Hey Beanie how's it hanging? I have a carbon front intake but I got it for 45 notes on ebay so not sure where it came from. I know Spooky has one on his too. Your ape is the same colour as mine before I got her painted.
Dazzer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Scally

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 16:35
Just looked at there website and it is exactly the same as mine.
Beanie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 15:43
Cheers Dazzer, yep, all good down here, just waiting for some decent weather and get out on her.

So far have got the mpl clutch cylinder, evoluzine air box kit, power commander 5 and some extra carbon bits for her, now to sort out rear sets, end cans, black tint db screen and thec /f front air scoop intake, and then i can get it set up properly for track days as well.

I love the colour of mine, it matched my leathers perfectly, and is alot more noticeable than the black ones.  Although i have found a aftermarket set of grp bodywork in the MS colour scheme which i am also very partial too, so will have to see what funds are left once i have moved next month.

Take it easy and catch up with you later in the year budSmile

Beanie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 19:12
Well bugger me, just went back to their site to order it, and its asking for another £35 postage charge on top of the £52 cost.  Thats a blatant piss take, and ain't happening on my watch.

emailed them to clarify if the price for postage is right......

Ape View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Moto nutter!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 19:15
Itll be tricky fook but what about carbon wrapping the original ?
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT BOSS !!
Beanie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 20:18
Originally posted by Ape Ape wrote:

Thought of that, but want real carbon, plus i don't have the patience for that.

Someone could make a real killing if they made these in the uk, and didn't charge a stoopid amount on postage...
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 09:38
Originally posted by Beanie Beanie wrote:

Originally posted by Ape Ape wrote:

Thought of that, but want real carbon, plus i don't have the patience for that.

Someone could make a real killing if they made these in the uk, and didn't charge a stoopid amount on postage...

Group buy buddy??????? I'd have one!!!
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 09:51
I bookmarked this site a while back. Fancied the nose bit and the seat hump also in carbon.... 

Off topic but while we are on about crazy postage prices, I just paid £18 postage for a few cans of paint and primer to be delivered from Kent to Edinburgh. They charge £7 for next day delivery to England, and £18 for normal delivery to Scotland. Insanity! So £35 from oversea's suddenly doesn't seem as bad!
Beanie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 20:24
Maybe its something i could add to the group buy section once crimbo debts have been settled.

Maybe theres more than just us 2 that want one then?  Then the postage cost could be split between the orders.
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 20:26
Originally posted by Beanie Beanie wrote:

Maybe its something i could add to the group buy section once crimbo debts have been settled.

Maybe theres more than just us 2 that want one then?  Then the postage cost could be split between the orders.

Yip!!!
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Beanie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 18:05
Ok, Thats 2 of us, i will add it to the February list on group buy and see if any more takers.

Cheers Andi Smile
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 20:37
Cool bud
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Beanie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 19:22
Great News Guys, i just got a email back from Gabi at Pro-Carbon and she has said if we order 5, then she will give us free shipping, so the total price would be £52 each.

At the beginning of February, i will put the group buy up on here and see if we can get the magic 5...  only 2 weeks to waitSmile
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 20:53
Good work bud
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 11:07
Having a scout around on eBay.... and found this beauty... Wow, its cheaper than the replacement PLASTIC panel from Aprilia, if I had the money I would be having this, right now! 

They do the side panels, tail unit, everything, in lovely carbon, I need to get saving! Big smile
WARNZ View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 16:41
V tasty indeed,I know someone with a Nera n love looking at that 1
Dazzer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Scally

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 18:47
they do side fairings and a tail unit. They did a tank for over eight hundred notes too 
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 09:22
Ilmberger stuff is quality, mate has a little addiction...

And no, it isn't staying like that. HP4 style paint job will be applied soon.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 16:44
It SHOULD stay like that. Bare carbon is so gnarly looking.
Dazzer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Scally

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 17:11
i like the can 
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 17:16
I'd powder coat the wheels Red, to break it up a little...

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 17:58
This is what he's aiming for...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 18:20
Originally posted by Philly46 Philly46 wrote:

This is what he's aiming for...

In that case, go for it Clap Clap

I love that Akra can, pure filth Wink

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 18:32
Gone all weak in me knees! Thought the plain carbon looked good....but add a dash of blue & white .....LUSH.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 19:39
Im still voting for plain. If I did mine like that I would keep it bare except for a few decals. And the Austin Racing can looks better too... Each to their own though!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 21:44
I love the Austin can too    B U T    Akra wins every time for me Big smile

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Beanie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
alround top bloke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 10:32
Group Buy Ad Is Live Now Guys in the main chat page as i couldnt locate the group buy section.

(Sorry Admin)  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic