rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Register for genuine Edwards Replicas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 20:27
Yes! I remember now, that was me.
I'll look into the ride out, it's on my birthday so the wife can't poo poo any plans I make
Colin Edwards rep RSV-R...The bike I should have bought years ago!!
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
RSVRNuT View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVRNuT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 17:56
Thought I'd send over a few photos of No 59, having recently finished fitting the new R/L Scorpion end cans and having actually ridden the bike for the first time this year, last weekend.
Mind blowing experience, just as I expected and definitely the right choice for me. A bit 'back to the future' really having owned a Gen 1 RSV back in 2002, replaced by an 08 Red Lion Factory, that I didn't really gel with. 

Having hankered for an Edwards for some time, I took the leap.

The rest as the saying goes "is history"
SmileWink
RSVRNuT

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
BomberHarris View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BomberHarris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 23:30
Some stunning bikes there lads, is there any difference between the motors on these Eddy reps compared to the late 03 R models or is it just the decals? I've just bought a late 03 ( on an 04 plate ) today.... absolutely cant wait to pick it up Friday!
Hitler said " When captured I want these Men Dead!!"
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 00:38
Hi

yes, the motors are different.  The late 03 RSVR and the Haga reps are the same (132BHP).  The Eddy has some fundamental differences which include:

• strengethened conrods
  • 4-spray injectors
  • 57mm TBs
  • different EPROM tuning
  • larger airbox and snorkels
  • twin Factory Akras (as had Haga rep but not the 03 RSVRs)
Crank BHP was claimed as 147, some 15BHP up on the late model RSVR. A t the rear wheel, this equates closer to between 8 and 10BHP up on the late 03 RSVR.

Compared with later Gen 2's the bike makes more low down torque and isn't too far behind on horsepower although taller and very slightly heavier.

To ride, it doesn't feel as gutsy as the standard bike low down, especially if comparing with a Gen 1 using 1 2 into 1 exhaust, but that slight disappointment vanishes just below mid revs where it takes off and doesn't stop until the red line. Picks up quicker than the standard bike, feels smoother and has more top end rush.  Definitely feels the fastest of all the Gen 1 bikes.

The low down issue can be partly explained by the gearing as it carries a very tall first gear and it uses a 6spd close ratio box.  I think that late 03 models may have had the same box.

R1200RS

Matth View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 14:49
Here's number 256:
2003 registered in 2005

v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 15:48
be nice to see a dyno graph from a ed rep?
philfingers View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 17:25
Matth, are you a new owner of the #256?  There was one for sale down Bristol way recently.
Dyno graph coming up, mine has the Dr Rossi chip and the 'hooked' airbox.
there's a dyno day at Projex in Cardley Heath, West Mids on 22nd June [I think it is anyway], £10/run I think.  I plan to run my 999S too to get a comparison between the two
2003 RSVR Edwards Replica no #63
v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 17:39
cheers would be good to see one my gen 1 rsvr 2000 was dyno 122 bhp torque 72.2 pounds force on a dyno jet at hm racing with end can air box mod and custom map on pwr comm.
Matth View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 17:47
Yep, 256 is mine. I bought it from Oxford.
As said above, not as much low down grunt as my Mille but it really sings above 6K RPM and just flies.
Italianmike View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 19:21
Hi mate,
I have number 145. I am still just about convinced it is a good bike, although I've had a few standard arse ache problems.
Nice new supercorsa's, already to ride for the new season and I new I had what I thought was a battery/starting problem.
Took it for MOT and she failed. Near side front fork seal and near side lockstop were f d. Everything else fine so had to book her up again but the shop were busy for the next 4 weeks . Went to take her back for retest and once again would'nt start but the battery (12ah) went back up to full charge on the optimate but no go. Told the shop to put on a 14 ah battery but still wouldn't have it, just drew down all the power. Yes you guessed it, the cock s ing sprag clutch + housing + timing cover gasket. The shop can't complete the whole job and give me the MOT ticket till 21 st June so I'm pretty pissed off. I asked them to fit some carbone Lorraine brake pads so for the privilege of all this heartache is £926 inc vat. One more thing and I 'm selling it you just can't live with it.
But still I love it
"Cum on feel the noyz"
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:55

wheel figures

123bhp at 9786rpm and 76ftlb at 6594rpm

RSVR Edwards with ‘Hooked’ airbox, full termi's and Dr Rossi chip

Lean in 4600 to 6200rpm range

Operator reckons add 11% to wheel figure to get an approximate crank figure.  Which would work out at 136bhp at the crank

As a Dyno comparision my YB11 [Thunderace engine] made 130rwh [early stock R1’s make the same on that dyno], and my NC30 made 58rwh, so seems about right

Italianmike View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 19:57
Hi Frank,
Are you still in the area mate?
If so are you oing to Setterton next weekend?
"Cum on feel the noyz"
Gaz.rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz.rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 20:46
a guy my dad works with called Phil has one he keeps in his front room will have to pop round and find out a bit more about it :)
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 02:14
Originally posted by Gaz.rsvr Gaz.rsvr wrote:

a guy my dad works with called Phil has one he keeps in his front room will have to pop round and find out a bit more about it :)

I'd be interested to know more about it, I'm only 10miles from Worcester
Dklong View Drop Down
L plate
L plate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dklong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 16:04
Only just seen this, and it is from a few years back. However; If you are still connected I have number 64 spooky we have three consecutive
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 16:51
mine was sold last year sadly 🙁
Robmille View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 06:45
i got mine new in 2005 still have it with 2.8k on it
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 07:53
I thought mine was being wasted but it's got three times that mileage!  ShockedSmile

Robmille View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 19:01
Good ornaments none the less! 
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 19:41
Originally posted by Robmille Robmille wrote:

i got mine new in 2005 still have it with 2.8k on it
wow!!!!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
RSVRNuT View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVRNuT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 20:22
Still got mine now with 10.5k on the clock and it's still in as great a condition as per the original photos and I adore getting out on it from time to time.
Had it serviced by Griff about 6 months ago at his place in Tamworth, new chain + sprockets added too.
A terrific machine!
RSVRNuT

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 00:23
I have mine still, from new, but not bought until 2009, then not actually registered until 2012 (on a UK 12 plate), has under 3k on it, the race kit is fitted, but I have another brand new race kit stashed but less the sprocket.

Unfortunately a van stopped on the right original end can so it has a crimple. It's ok but I keep meaning to swap it for the can from my Factory which never happens, they come up now and again singly and at AF1 so I may just do that.

I intend to use it this year and just renewed the front tyre for a Pirelli Diablo as I already fitted a Supersorsa I'd had for a while to the rear (which you can't get now), it'll be fine to run the rear out, then I have some Interact 5's to go on, and the Diablo front will then run out on the front of another bike I don't really use, but will this year....... a little. (Mondial)

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 06:15
A piega?
CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 13:14
yeah, one of the original ones.
Refotsirk View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refotsirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 11:05
Have one in Sweden. No 101. 
Old warhorse 60.000 kms. Perfect runner,
Ridden regularly.
Best Regards/Kristofer
Eeza View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 14:17
Here's mine Number 247,  provenanace is everything in this game and I have everyhing!,  3 exhausts the hangers the header pipes for both twin and single configuration.  I've even got the original Sproket Smile
Oh and the lower fairing has not been cut up Clap 

colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 20:46
just bought no 57, gone from having a mille and a gen2 factory to the edwardsuploads/5894/20201025_145218.jpg
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 20:54
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 21:29
Very nice 👍
Eeza View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 23:31
She's a beauty....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic