rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Register for genuine Edwards Replicas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Register for genuine Edwards Replicas
    Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 06:05
Just wondering if there's much interest in starting a register for the 2003 manufactured Edwards Replicas?  Most were registered 2004.  Of 461 worldwide apparently 45 were destined for the UK, tho I've also heard that a good few more made it to these shores

I know of 3 currently, with another possible 2.

So

#063  Phil, Worcestershire - 'hooked' airbox and Rossi chip, otherwise stock [with kit exhaust fitted]

2003 RSVR Edwards Replica no #63
fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
Aprilia performance boss bloke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 13:27
want this making a sticky?? great idea!!

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
www.apriliaspareparts.co.uk
philfingers View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 01:23
yes can do if you like.  Maybe you can shed some light on them.  Supposedly there were 461 worldwide and 45 imported to the UK, is it likely #63 was one of them?  Do you know if there was ever any technical documentation available for them, ie sales brochures etc when new?  Mine was registered in May 2003, it's been to you for a suspension setup by the look of it, but when that was I don't know.  The bike spent time in Pontefract, Wakefield and Northumberland according to the receipts/paperwork I have.  There are some names too, can't remember them tho
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 19:15
Oooooo

Another gorgeous set of Akra's

Quick where's the tissues

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 11:47
Nice machine....looks new out of the box....very jealous....
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 12:42
thanks guys.  anyone want to add to the register!?
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 09:19
#62 and #265

They did not come with any additional handbook data apart from one loose additional page added inside the handbook IIRC, and an installation handbook for the twin pipes/chip.

# 265 was possibly an Italian bike as it was a reward/award to a Hampshire UK car garage (who imported/sold a lot of Piaggio cars into the UK) and was presented, in Italy, to the UK garage owner - who rode it back to the UK, stored it in said garage until he sold it to me. (He also had a few other exotic performance bikes so that must have been his thing).

#62 was owned by an American gentleman from Oxford before I bought it from a showroom up Shipley way.
Mark

mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 09:40
Also - nice fleeces for an Edwards

Rare as rocking horse youknowwhat but sometimes found on ebay.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 10:23
Love that fleece - Thats cool as Clap Clap

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 11:05
Yes Nickyboy, I've not yet found the courage to wear it off the bike - I can imaging the pi$$taking - "oi Alice" yer freaking gayboy
Italianmike View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 20:03
Hi Phil,
My eddy arrived today, mint, 10800 miles, fsh, pazzo levers, it's number 45 mate and this is on the hump that is lacquered over, not a sticker. I'll post some pictures. One for the register.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 21:12
Mark- looks great. and #62 is a close cousin of my #63! which incidentally started life in the leeds area if i remember correctly
sorry, I hadn't seen the updated thread
Mike- cracking and welcome! Get some pics up, especially interested in the number lacquered in!
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 16:35

#241:  mine from Gloucestershire

Rossi chip, renthalls, Tsubaki chain, Giles rear adjusters, Sato reasets, K&N, smoked double bubble screen.

Best bike I've ever owned if a little uncompromising for general road use.

One careful owner before me who bought it new.  It was one of the official 5nr that made it into N. Ireland.

R1200RS

Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 20:04
did they come with the 45 on the seat hump?
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 21:07
I assumed that the "45" was all together with extras supplied with the bike from brand new, so is original. The transfers were supplied to me in a genuine Aprilia package with the documentation which also included a spare factory akra pipe sticker so I guess many owners chose not to put the 45 onto the white rear race plates.  I've seen a few with the "45" applied now.
R1200RS

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 09:48
Aprilia tend to give you the sticker so you can put it on or leave a white number board, according to SP motorcycles. I asked the question as the have a few race reps (RSV4) in the showroom. 
Believe there is a edwards rep on ebay too if someone wants one.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:06
This one is for sale, and has been for quite a while now, at Iain Murray's place, same place I got mine. When I got mine it was advertised for £4500, its now down to £3750, same price I paid for mine. It was still there about 2 weeks ago when I popped in.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:45
I don't think it's got the Akro's tho, and at 30k it's high miles. What's Akro's going to cost £500-600
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 12:13
Originally posted by philfingers philfingers wrote:

I don't think it's got the Akro's tho, and at 30k it's high miles. What's Akro's going to cost £500-600

The Akrapovic system for the Edwards is gonna be hard to find fella...

They very rarely come onto flea bay and if they do, its gonna go for somewhere in the region of £450-£650 depending on the condition...

The only place that certainly has one system confirmed in stock is AF1 over in the states Ouch

The price is $3000 or £1,873.50 at todays current rate, thats not including VAT and all the shipping fees of course lol lol

When I imported my Arrow system a while back it was bloody dear because of the shipping fees that were added on top Ouch

So.... Keep your eyes peeled on the bay mate lol

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 19:16
£3750 is about right for a higher miler example and the good news is (which Griff can attest to) that 30K miles isn't that great in the scheme of things with regular servicing.

I wouldn't worry too much about the akras missing, but that at a guess is the reason it's at £3750 and not £4500.  There's loads of systems that can be had that'll do a great job used, such as Alkra's own SP twin system (£400 used), and the Arrows twin system as examples.  The bike will likely need a new performance chip and tuning if the pipe is replaced.

Personally, if it aint all there to begin with, then it's probably more sensible to buy a minters RSVR (last of the 2003 models registered in 2004 perhaps) as £3750 will buy an immaculate one.

Edwards prices (for good ones anyway) are only going to go one place for complete and cherished low miles examples,and thats up slightly I reckon based on the rising cost of new bikes and rarity/appeal. They won't lose much.  Was offered £5K for mine and turned it down as I couldn't buy anything else I'd like for that money.
R1200RS

RSVRNuT View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVRNuT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 17:30
Big smile
Well as I mentioned a little while ago, I am now the really 'chuffed' new owner of a Colin Edwards Replica, which has done only 9,300 miles from new. A one owner bike , with everything original, FASH, in brilliant condition, clearly really well cared for by the previous owner.

It is No59, a late 03 model registered in March 04 and as soon as the weather gets better, I will take some photos and send them over to the site.

Still not ridden yet, although only been in my possession for two weeks and with the awful weather since delivery, I've only been able to stare at it and tinker a bit, fitting crash protection stuff from R&G.
A D/B screen from MRA is on its way, a Ventura luggage system and some radiator protectors from Mikes Grilles ditto.

Rearsets yet to be decided upon and I am thinking about some Scorpion end cans, to fit instead of the Akrapovic race set-up, but time enough for all that to happen. 

Happy Christmas to one and all.

CheersLOL
RSVRNuT

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 18:02
Hi Mark,
I have #45 it's a 53 plate. See the reply I posted to philfingers.
Italianmike
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 18:21
You solved the 45 mystery for me, but coincidently the last two numbers of the chassis number is 45??
I'm also pouncing about in the garage looking at it. Had her bout 4/5 weeks. Got brand new metzlers on when I bought her, never seen 1mile of use, so that and the rain = no riding. Started her twice just to listen to the awesome noise and piss the neighbours off. Just sitting there on the optimate. Hey ho
Regards
Italianmike
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 18:49
Update:
After some further investigation found my Eddy is in fact number 145. Still don't know how the 45 sticker came to be lacquered over. When a bike is 10 years old done 10850 miles, albeit with good history, all sorts of things can be done to it over that time. Good and bad.
"Cum on feel the noyz"
Frank O View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:33
Great idea, not been on for a while (off season so try not to think about the bike much otherwise I start pining)

I have Eddy rep #174, mostly standard with all the original paperwork and unused stickers etc. Think about selling it every now and again but then just can't bring myself to do it, there is something special about these bikes Smile

Colin Edwards rep RSV-R...The bike I should have bought years ago!!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:34
Yo Frank,
Yeah that is a lovely example. What's it's history? How long have you had her?Mileage?
They want for nothing extra really.
Mine came with Pazzo levers, dark screen (which I'm not sure about). I've bought a poncy oseat cover, which I'm going to have fitted professionally. Getting the suspension set up next month, ready for the season and that's about it.
Don't even think bout selling her, you would regret it for a long time. I sold my Corser rsvr in 04 and constantly pined for it back for 9 years, specially as a complete knob end bought it from the dealer I traded it in.
These bikes are awesome and still deliver thrills up there with modern bikes. It can scare me and you have to keep an eye out for the cops, so still relevant in my book.
Where you based mate?
I'm in the sticks of East Anglia(Suffolk).
"Cum on feel the noyz"
Frank O View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 12:17
Had her a couple of years now Mike, an old fella had her prior to me but she's been in the hands of the same dealer for a while so I know quite a lot of the history. Think it's around 16k on the clock now, only managed around 1k last year due to injury/work/crap weather lol
The original screen and exhaust are the only things I don't have you'd be mad to want to put the standard pipe on anyhow after hearing the Akras!
If I did sell it I'd have to home visit and screen potential buyers to ensure their suitable first I had a gixxer from new once, sold it after 4 years but it was spotless (I used to clean behind panels, a habit I still have (OCD)), to watch it ride off in the pouring rain broke my heart, a pile of £20 notes seemed meaningless in comparison.
I'm in Bury St Edmunds so may not be far from you, have to meet up in summer, be good to see another Eddy on the road!
Colin Edwards rep RSV-R...The bike I should have bought years ago!!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 14:57
Your Eddie looks SWEEEEET Frank O Clap Clap

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 19:22
Frank, are you the dude that bought his Eddy from an old guy near Diss, had it in the garage along time???
The same dude that I sat and talked to at Maxmoto just after you bought it?
Think we spoke again at Snetterton BSB last year.
Only had mine since November 2012.
Keep in touch mate.
You cam PM me if you want.
Keep July 7th free if you can, for THE ride out. Have a look at the thread started by Ken, Nickyboy, et al.
Cheers.
"Cum on feel the noyz"
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 20:14
I'm in Stowmarket BTW
"Cum on feel the noyz"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic