Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forza aprilia race custom EPROM chips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 18:56
Originally posted by rossie rossie wrote:

Any dynographs on '02r bogstandard (mine)/Eprom, Standard airbox/Evo airbox?
you'll get a nice big kick inthe midrange..best teamed up with evo and a modded collector or full system to reap all the benefits

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Team70Racing View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team70Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 19:13
I was just about to email you guys but just noticed this thread.
I recently purchased an aprilia RSV race/track bike which came with 2 chips below. It has a dyno print out with some uninspiring BHP/NM figures on it.
With the bike I also noticed that there were instructions for one of these chips and as the bike runs perfectly I can asume that these two spare chips are either not required or surplus.
As my bike is actually off at the paint shop im unable to take the ECU apart to confirm whats inside but in any case im a bit concerned about the low HP figures. Is it possible that the dyno print out is of the B Map? The bike is a 1999 with Full system and airbox mod.

ForzaApriliaRacing View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The eprom guy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForzaApriliaRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 21:51
Neither of those EPROMs are mine ?
One is the standard EPROM
One is who knows as it has no sticker to ID it !

The RP 58 is also for the 01-03 engine
Forza Aprilia Racing
www.forzaapriliaracing.co.uk
Premium Member
Premium Member
The eprom guy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForzaApriliaRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 21:54
Neither of those EPROMs are mine ?
One is the standard EPROM
One is who knows as it has no sticker to ID it !

The RP 58 is also for the 01-03 engine
Forza Aprilia Racing
Premium Member
Premium Member
The eprom guy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForzaApriliaRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 21:55
Maybe a good idea looking inside your ECU before posting about EPROM problems !
Forza Aprilia Racing
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 22:11
Originally posted by Team70Racing Team70Racing wrote:

The bike is a 1999 with Full system and airbox mod.

have you confirmed it's a full system? Collector looked original to me as per my previous post

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team70Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 08:14
Originally posted by ForzaApriliaRacing ForzaApriliaRacing wrote:

Maybe a good idea looking inside your ECU before posting about EPROM problems !

Morning.

Sorry I wasnt suggesting the product was the issue, we have no experience with these things - just trying to get my head around it. The paper work with the bike is all pretty old so may/may not be complete. When the bike comes back from the paint shop this week ill open up the ECU to see whats actually fitted. I've also booked the bike in for a Dyno run to see whats what.

Bit thanks for the response.

v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 12:25
how much bhp was it making?
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team70Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 12:53
It was 112BHP.

v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 13:02
if its a gen 1 with full sys and airbox mod u should be looking at 120 ish bhp mine with pwr comm air mod and end can i think is 123 bhp
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team70Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 13:07

What kind of torque figures are we talking?

Im booked on a dyno next week so i'll see what that throws up. God knows what its got in it i I have 2 spare chips at home.

v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 13:12
on a dyno jet dyno 72.24 foot pounds 122 bhp and custom map hmr racing
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team70Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 13:51
Interesting, I dont have it in front of me but im sure our bike is making just over 70ft lb of torque.
Ill post up the dyno results once I get it to the workshop.

rossie View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 16:12
Cheers! That 'll be my winter job, can't wait!!!
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team70Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 13:46
So opened up the ECU today so see that we do in fact have an FR200 chip installed running the richer map. Im going to get it dyno'd this week so will be interesting to see how it performs.

We are at Rockingham next Sunday so will be good to get out and give it a run.

v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 13:49
post up dyno results
Premium Member
Premium Member
The eprom guy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForzaApriliaRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 08:19
Have you Def got a full system fitted?

The FR 200 Eprom is only configured for either a collector or full exhaust.

You never know if someone has removed the exhaust and left the eprom fitted?

Thanks Ed
Forza Aprilia Racing
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team70Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 13:09
Yes full system and air box mod. Ive yet to have the bike dyno'd we tested at Rockingham and I have to say the bike ran as well as anything ive ever ridden. I was very happy with it.
Im going to have it dyno'd over the next few weeks so ill let you know how I get on.

v60rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v60rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 14:50
please do
FalcoPete View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalcoPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 12:45
Hi Ed,
I have a '05 Falco that was originally destined for the Oz/USA market but sold through DK here in UK (zorro paint scheme).  From reading the threads so far it seems she would benefit from one of your chips?  The engine is stock but have Beowulf cans (with baffles installed - 98db), MWR-HE filter, PC3-USB and a custom map from Bruce at JT Performance Centre (when last serviced with Griff).  Dyno shows 115bhp/71ft-lbs prior to MWR upgrade and yet to have it re-done.  Which chip would you recommend and what real gains, as is, and could I expect from adding a collector with the mods already mentioned? Thanks.
Cheers, Pete
'05 'Zorro' Hot Red/Diablo Black Falco
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 13:04
Originally posted by FalcoPete FalcoPete wrote:

Hi Ed,
I have a '05 Falco that was originally destined for the Oz/USA market but sold through DK here in UK (zorro paint scheme).  From reading the threads so far it seems she would benefit from one of your chips?  The engine is stock but have Beowulf cans (with baffles installed - 98db), MWR-HE filter, PC3-USB and a custom map from Bruce at JT Performance Centre (when last serviced with Griff).  Dyno shows 115bhp/71ft-lbs prior to MWR upgrade and yet to have it re-done.  Which chip would you recommend and what real gains, as is, and could I expect from adding a collector with the mods already mentioned? Thanks.
no point adding a collector ..you have a 2into2 system... modded collector is a single pipe system..
as for the eprom/chip sure Ed will be along in a little while :-)

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 13:07

got a dyno chart for one with a modded  collector,eprom and airbox showing before and after collector mod any good?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
BrewBitch View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrewBitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 13:18
Nice Fuel Lines........NotConfused

You Only Have One Life.....Live It!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 13:27
Originally posted by BrewBitch BrewBitch wrote:

Nice Fuel Lines........NotConfused
its griffs bike..lol.lol.lol

literally plugged and played no other work done ....

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
FalcoPete View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalcoPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 13:36
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

got a dyno chart for one with a modded  collector,eprom and airbox showing before and after collector mod any good?

Here's my Falco printout with standard air box, Beowulfs & PC3 if of any help/comparison etc.

Cheers, Pete
'05 'Zorro' Hot Red/Diablo Black Falco
Premium Member
Premium Member
The eprom guy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForzaApriliaRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 17:39
Hi Pete
The USA EPROMs are shat
Due to the laws out there with emissions

An EPROM will improve the bike
You can fit a race system etc
But depends if you can find one and what budget you have
The air kits is good also for a cheap mod

Forza Aprilia Racing
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team70Racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 12:48
Finally managed to get our dyno print out.
This is a stock exhaust system on account of an epic crash at Rockingham. Aprilia performance end can & open airbox mod with EPROM fitted.

TheGeneral View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 18:58
Hi Ed, been advised I could do with a chip from yourself. 2000 Mille (poss 99 model as registered in January). Renegade air box, full Aprilia Titanium system, down pipes, collector and twin shotgun pipes, Aprilia Ti chip, PC3. I can hear what I think is detonation 3-4k under load, was going to dyne as is but guys on here say I would benefit talking to you first, cheers bob.
RSV Mille
RSV Factory
MV Augusta F4
Buell Stealth
Premium Member
Premium Member
The eprom guy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForzaApriliaRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 22:47
Hi
I have sent you a pm
Cheers Ed
Forza Aprilia Racing
AndyRSV View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 18:51
Hi buddy was advised to get in touch with you, had griff take a look at my bike, he couldn't adjust co2 or do any adjustments as the eprom i have is non adjustable, all i know is that it's a 2003 with twin cans, he reckons the pipework is custom, but suggested i get a adjustable eprom.....any ideas, can't tell you much about the bike add in only learning about her myself, might be worth getting in touch with him and say Andy from Scotland contacted you about a chip, he would be able to inform you of the issue properly....then you would know what i need, sorry for the round about way of doing it, but clueless on such things at the minute
The Quiet Riot................
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic