rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forza aprilia race custom EPROM chips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevrsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 23:36
Hi Ed,

I have a 2003 Mille with standard exhaust.
I have a race can and a piper filter for it also but i find that the bike runs rubbish with the race can on it so tend to keep the standard can on her, but its just not loud enough going through the small towns etc....šŸ˜‰
Would you have a chip to suit this set up with the piper and race can if everything else is standard?

Thanks Ed

Kev

Kevrsp View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevrsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 15:09
Is this thread still live?
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 15:13
try his website forza aprilia

facebook ed Elliot

ebay fenderleft

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 14:31
Mine turned up today. Goin to see if i got time to fit it later. Just got some hedges to finish trimmin I hate gardening especially when I got new buts for me bike that need fittin
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 16:22
kev have tried the can without the baffle if it has one i had a fuel can on my mille it ran sh*te with it in and a whole better with it out.also if you fancy it ask redrat if hes got a modded collector to go with the chip to complete the set up
constant
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 09:56
Do the modded airbox as well and the bigger unrestricted airboot from the early Gen1 and the midrange is soooo smooth and progressive - no dip in the torque curve as there is when standard.
Baldrick73 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 20:34
Is Ed still doing the chips ? - I have messaged direct from his website but not heard anything
Olie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 21:33
Originally posted by Baldrick73 Baldrick73 wrote:

Is Ed still doing the chips ? - I have messaged direct from his website but not heard anything

I got mine direct from AP
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 04:32
the message service on his site dont seem to work. i had to message him on face book through ap,s page but yes he still does em as i got one about a month ago
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 07:08
Originally posted by Rybes Rybes wrote:

the message service on his site dont seem to work. i had to message him on face book through ap,s page but yes he still does em as i got one about a month ago

Ok I'll try again - thanks
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 07:13

I thionk its more him than the system

ok so to get hold of him

ed Elliot on facebook
fenderleft on ebay

or his website

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 08:05
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

I thionk its more him than the system

ok so to get hold of him

ed Elliot on facebook
fenderleft on ebay

or his website

Thanks redratbike - I'll try again ....... or just order one from griff
Careca View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Careca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 23:58
Originally posted by edelliott edelliott wrote:

Yes you would benefit
The deal is this ......all aprilia chips from rp 58 to titaniu
And sp also haga and Edwards run stock ignition tables :-((

And the fuel tables are not that great either

Even running just a can and filter
The chip will make a noticeable difference

Can you do one for an SP ?
wiggy2146 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiggy2146 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 12:06
hi i had one of your chips in my rsv 03 with dual exhaust and your open airbox kits,wow brilliant change thanks matey definately recomend
greenman1966 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenman1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 01:13
Can anyone send through the instructions for the FR200, mine arrived with none.
thanks
Dennis 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 03:26
unplug ecu box undo screws lift lid very carefully lift chip out  make sure you have no static or you will bugger it when you put it in and be carefull with the prongs set trim pots at 12 oclock and maybe co & tbs
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 07:41
Originally posted by greenman1966 greenman1966 wrote:

Can anyone send through the instructions for the FR200, mine arrived with none.
thanks
Dennis 
http://www.rsvr.net/how-to-change-your-eprom_topic4525.html

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 07:52
I was just about to give that link Mark, you beat me to it!
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 09:00
The FR200 also has 2 maps; which one you use depends whether you're using an open or standard air box. You select either but cutting / re connecting the blue ECU connector wire. Connected is for standard air box.
Taken for granted you've got a modded collector fitted with open can.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenman1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 09:20
Yes,
this is what I wanted to know ( 2 maps on the eprom),
I've wired in a switch so that I can change between them.
Next question, can you switch maps on the fly or do you have to turn the bike off. ie does the switch position only get read on startup?

I have a modded collector, but standard airbox. I've been riding it with the wire cut up till now, it goes good but there is not much range from the tank. I'll see how it goes with the switch closed.

thanks there, Dennis.
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:12
Dennis, I've kept the standard air box too, but I've removed the intake grilles (was surprised how big their cross sectional area was). Also fitted the early large boot and a K&N. I'm running my FR200 with the ECU wire connected. All that's left is to eventually get it down to AP for a set up.
No idea whether you can change maps with the ignition on, but I would hazard a guess you can't; personally I wouldn't risk causing an ECU fault...but I could be entirely wrong, I'm sure some one on the forum will give you a definitive answer.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:52
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

Dennis, I've kept the standard air box too, but I've removed the intake grilles
make sure bee's and wasps don't start nesting in it  or mice LOLLOLLOLLOL

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenman1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 21:08
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

Dennis, I've kept the standard air box too, but I've removed the intake grilles (was surprised how big their cross sectional area was). Also fitted the early large boot and a K&N. I'm running my FR200 with the ECU wire connected. All that's left is to eventually get it down to AP for a set up.
No idea whether you can change maps with the ignition on, but I would hazard a guess you can't; personally I wouldn't risk causing an ECU fault...but I could be entirely wrong, I'm sure some one on the forum will give you a definitive answer.

I flicked the switch over when it was running, and it kept running fine. That's why I suspect that the switch position is only checked on startup.
I've the modded collector, Delvic mufffer and big airboot with standard air filter. The Delvic muffler was the latest change, it certainly makes a difference with the FR200 chip. Lifts the front wheel off the throttle.
D
hessler View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 17:43
hi
what price are the eproms now?
still £40
hessler View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 17:46
Originally posted by hessler hessler wrote:

hi
what price are the eproms now?
still £40

Doh found your webite
Knappster View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knappster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 13:21
Hi RedRatBike,

I've not long acquired a 1999 RSV Mille in standard form apart from an aftermarket end can (GP Stile) with Ed has said will be messing with my fueling, looking at mods, as you do :) Looks like i'll need a modded collector and a new eprom as a minimum

Are you still doing the collector mod? If so how much will it cost me?

Cheers

A
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 14:15
I've sent Red a PM for you
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 14:24
Originally posted by Knappster Knappster wrote:

Hi RedRatBike,

I've not long acquired a 1999 RSV Mille in standard form apart from an aftermarket end can (GP Stile) with Ed has said will be messing with my fueling, looking at mods, as you do :) Looks like i'll need a modded collector and a new eprom as da minimum

Are you still doing the collector mod? If so how much will it cost me?

Cheers

A
hi Knappster yes still doing the modded collectors

Rear only 98-00 is £90 exchange inc courier

Or a 01-03 with both pipes added is £160 exchange inc courier

Please note the exchange is on a like for like collector

This is a 98-00 collector
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv239/redratbike/cowcollector009.jpg

the 01-03 below

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv239/redratbike/daisyandmodcollector004.jpg

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 15:15

Aren't those pictures of the same part ?

This is 2001-03

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 15:55
Well done thought iā€™d Copied and pasted the correct one

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic