mirror extenders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mirror extenders
    Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 11:09
i thought of doing the same as i like the look as well but with the rs125 mirrors i might drill the back of them and fit some led indicators into them.
pieman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 07:52
That's a good fix for the earlier mirrors. The problem we're having is with the later mirrors, with integral indicators. I stupidly put them on my bike as I thought they looked nicer. They do, but I can't see much in them!!
One day Rodney, We'll be Mille Owners
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 07:10
hi guys i have a 2000 r and same as you guys could see jack sh*t behind me but some one on here advised me to try rs125 mirrors and they do work they are 40mm longer than the rsv mirrors . I was told they were only longer on 1 year of 125 though so if you are buying some double check to be safe.I bought mine through motorcycle essentials in cannock 01543 500123 if you tell them the same mirrors that was bought they will know what you mean.
joe 90 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Chief Stator tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 21:21

mirror extenders are useful and will improve your rear view vision, if you have short arms , I have extra long arms which  nearly hang down to me knees.

www.spoonztuning.co.uk
I Luv Ducati's

Discount Ducati breakdown cover call joe 0800 998 999
apostrophe View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apostrophe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:55
But other than being a place to keep your front indicators no big advantage...i.e. you still get to see your own elbows when you look at them. lol

I was hoping for a method of watching what is going on behind me. I'm not too bothered about moving the indicators.

Rob :)
a15cro View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a15cro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:38
Very easy to fit as I was having some paintwork done. Filled one hole in on each side.

apostrophe View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apostrophe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:14
Originally posted by a15cro a15cro wrote:

I would have a set, just put gen 2 mirrors on mine and all they're good for is to check my arms are still attached to my body!

About as useless as gen1 mirrors then. lol

Must be possible to make some kind of bracket for the gen 1 that will allow any kind of standard type mirror to be fitted and without having to hack or drill the fairing. There must be a market for a few pairs of those. I really can't see it being a big job but don't have tools for that kind of thing.

Rob :)
a15cro View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a15cro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:08
I would have a set, just put gen 2 mirrors on mine and all they're good for is to check my arms are still attached to my body!
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 16:13
Any pictures?. As above - like pieman I have fitted ( in the past week ) a set of 2007 mirrors to my 2000MY Gen 1 and they look fantastic. But I can't see a bloody thing in them.

What would be really useful is if you could maybe post some measurements of the extenders and a couple of pics. I've a mate who is a toolmaker and has made up various bits and bobs for me and a few others for bikes out of alloy, nylon plastic etc and I was thinking of getting him to knock up a few sets of these extenders. But I'd need details of them, sizes and a couple of pictures first.

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
pieman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 18:10
still for sale? Got them thar newer style mirrors on my '01 and they are crap. Been meaning to get some extenders...
One day Rodney, We'll be Mille Owners
joe 90 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Chief Stator tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 18:59
SIMON A MESSAGE AWAITS YOU.
www.spoonztuning.co.uk
I Luv Ducati's

Rock Doctor View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 08:16
How much do you want for them?
joe 90 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Chief Stator tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 18:55
due to time wasters....we have 1 pair of mirror extenders rsvr 2004-2008 model.... so you keep a eye on the old bill chasing behind you !!
www.spoonztuning.co.uk
I Luv Ducati's

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic