rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

clutch issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millierider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clutch issues
    Posted: 03 Sep 2011 at 23:21
My 2000 Aprilia Millie RsvR has been sitting for 4 months in tennessee, I live in Florida. When I came to Tennessee the clutch fluid cylinder was empty and the clutch was non-existent.  I tried bleeding the line, but still no clutch....fluid comes through and it appears the clutch pump at the lever is working...any ideas?
I thought perhaps the slave cylinder is gone...no holding any pressure....HELP!!Dead
I did'nt say it was easy to own an Italian Motorcycle
joe 90 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Chief Stator tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 10:01
Hello, it takes a lot of effort to bleed clutch, try using a piece of clear tube over the nibble and a jar to see the air bubbles coming through the tube.....it could be the slave cylinder as it is a known fault and its probably cheaper to buy a after market slave where you are cos we live in rip off England.
www.spoonztuning.co.uk
I Luv Ducati's

Discount Ducati breakdown cover call joe 0800 998 999
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 17:56
Originally posted by joe 90 joe 90 wrote:

Hello, it takes a lot of effort to bleed clutch, try using a piece of clear tube over the nibble and a jar to see the air bubbles coming through the tube.....it could be the slave cylinder as it is a known fault and its probably cheaper to buy a after market slave where you are cos we live in rip off England.

Yeah those Nibble's are a bugger ehh Joe Wink
millierider View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millierider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 18:16
I figured as much but wanted another opinin, thanks much!  There are a couple of aftermarket companies that produce the slave cylinder, any recommendations?  Evoluzone makes one that is $175usd...but I have heard of another that is also good cant remember the name.
Today I took the slave off and I can tell the hydralic pressure is weak...
I did'nt say it was easy to own an Italian Motorcycle
joe 90 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Chief Stator tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 18:49
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

Yeah those Nibble's are a bugger ehh Joe Winkare you taking the p ?LOL
www.spoonztuning.co.uk
I Luv Ducati's

Discount Ducati breakdown cover call joe 0800 998 999
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 19:17

are you taking the p ?LOL

Who me ? Never

Edited by Spoonz - 04 Sep 2011 at 19:18
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic