rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Racing Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pirelli supercorsa bsb ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvfrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pirelli supercorsa bsb ?
    Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 19:39

Has anyone experience with these tires on track?

I often see them for cheap at Ebay, but as it is ltd edition Uk only ,I wondered how you rate them and in comparison with the normal pirelli diablo supercorsa sc's ?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 20:05
Not sure about wear rate's, but if they are good enough for the BSB supersport/ superstock then they will be good enough for any track day regular.

Mark
bigjonny View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigjonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 20:07
i throught they were the road going version
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 20:44
It is a road going version but not a great deal of difference.
Mark
rsvfrank View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvfrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 20:58
My impression was that, as the tire-supplier to bsb ,they only used the name BSB for  marketingreasons .
I guess they don't use just one compound in the bsb ?
Anyone with actual track experience with this tire ,riding the fast/very fast  group?
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 22:39
My Ducati came with the next one down in the range from the BSB version. They were very grippy but rear lasted about 700 miles. Front went 3.5k but i made the mistake of leaving it on for a tour and it started to deteriorate (delamination blisters) so the last 500 miles of that were brown pants stuff and just trying to get it home.

Can't fault the grip just wear quickly on a twin
andy777 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 19:22
If they are from the BSB they'll be race compound rubber which means you need to keep them on warmers all day, basically after half a dozen heat cycles they're done.(probably allready done a few) if they're not up to temperature then they won't be very grippy worse than a normal road tyre.(that also means if your lap times are not very quick they won't be up to temp either).
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 18:34
Are you racing again this year Andy ?
jools View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 11:13
i used the pirelli a couple of years back for track only, not bad but i couldnt afford to keep buying them as i was trashing a rear in 1.5 track days. i changed to dunlop d211 ntec. look no further these are fantastic tyres. once you get your head around the low operating pressures. wear is not bad i managed to get 4 track days out of the rear and still got a good price 2nd hand on ebay. jools
andy777 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 19:50
Spoonz,

No unfortunately not. Got a baby due next week and also a lack of cash!! Hopefully do a few track days.
Cheers
rsvfrank View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvfrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 16:30
Found this quote .

The Diablo Supercorsa BSB is the same tyre as the Diablo Supercorsa SP as fitted as OE to various bikes such as 1198s It's a street version of the race tyre with a stiffer construction and a different compound, ie not the same at all really. It's a great tyre for people who want to look like racers, but it's not good on the road due to having no tread and not too hot on the track due to the stiff construction. Having said that, like most modern supersport tyres it's more than good enough for anything short of race pace
I think I'll stick to the diablo supercorsa's sc's 
i also use the diablo superbike slicks but these are not allowed in the racingclass I'll try to make my debute in this year.
shazam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shazam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 07:47
Originally posted by andy777 andy777 wrote:

If they are from the BSB they'll be race compound rubber which means you need to keep them on warmers all day, basically after half a dozen heat cycles they're done.(probably allready done a few) if they're not up to temperature then they won't be very grippy worse than a normal road tyre.(that also means if your lap times are not very quick they won't be up to temp either).
Oh dear, i've got a set of these for the summer, not to sure whether to use now as only inters on track & don't want to be fookin off 1st cornerShocked
blast away!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 13:25
Shane the Pirelli BSB tyre you have is a limited edition road tyre, you wont have any problems mate.
Dynamo View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 15:40
Ive got the bsb's on my rsv and they have been fine on trackdays when its been dry

Just useless when its wet though on track

I use it on the road also and its been fine for that
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic