FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mivv Exhaust System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eddie View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mivv Exhaust System
    Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 19:17
Cheers any information is most welcome!!! Going to call the Aprilia dealer tomorrow to see how much they charge for changing the map over to map 2!! Nothing seems to be cheap when you want a Aprilia, but its the price I am willing to pay!!! Thanx.
Eddie Wearing
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 19:05
Jusst for discussions sake ..

I had my Mille factory put over to Map 2 prior to fitting my Acrapovic cans but when my bike was dyno'd there were areas where it was still running WAY lean. 30% in places. After this (same day)  I had my PC fitted and a custom map installed.

For the sake of the cost of a dyno run I would still suggest that you put the bike on the rollers  to ensure that everything is as it should be.

Eddie View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:56
Lovely Cheers fella's for the help.  Was in West Meon last night at a cafe called Loomies and a lad rocked up on an 05 Factory with the Mivv cans on and they sounded awsome!! Defo getting them now.  Thanks again.
Eddie Wearing
stormin View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 20:09
Running a set of MIVV's on my 05 with a K&N filter and just a change to map 2 with no problems.Word of warning though,keep the baffles in or you'll have every rozzer in the county waiting for you at the next corner!!!
By the way they're more than loud with the baffles in and you'll have less hassle with the authorities if you get stopped.
I have been pulled over a couple of times and the first thing they checked was the CE mark and if the baffles were in place.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 19:09
No you don't need a power Commander.

The difference from variant/ map 1 to 2 is

1= Closed loop Lambda active for oem cans with cats.
2 = open loop Lambda ignored (open cans generally)
Eddie View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 17:03
cheers for getting back. Do you mean yes I need a power commander? I have heard they are loud cans!!!! What do you think of them and do you recommend them? How much did it cost to get Aprilia to change the map setting to map 2? Cheers pal.Smile
Eddie Wearing
seech View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 08:25
Yes,

If you remove the baffles - get some ear plugs.

People put their fingers in their ears when I ride past. Although car drivers can hear me coming!

I took it to my Aprilia mechanic and he switched to map 2 to run a better combustion (richer I think?) which apparently does less harm to the bike.
Eddie View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 16:31
Hi hope RSV Factory 07 and looking at fitting some Mivv GP end cans.  Can anybody tell me what else I need to do once they are fitted ie do I need a power commander and I have read things about getting an Aprilia dealer to change to Map 2? Help!!!!!Confused
Eddie Wearing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic