rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1060 big bore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1060 big bore
    Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 14:52
Alright guys posted this on another ape site and got told a few people on here might be able to help. I am thinking of fitting a big bore kit and was wondering who has done one? what sort of power increase can I expect? best place to buy(cheapest)? cheers  
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 15:31
i think Andy or Kev have used them on their race bikes at some point. Griff fits the kits so he may be able to give you some dyno figures as a comparison.

Amauri in the Usa who makes the kits says pre 04 bikes 135 - 140 bhp depending on exhaust and post 04 bikes a bit more with max he's seen 150bhp with race fuel.
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 15:46
Well i have one fitted and running but under development Wink

There is such a lot of claimed stuff around about these i decided to do one myself!

What model are you fitting it to?

BHP gains on their own are not huge torque and mid range improve quite a bit. I have an 03 engine (with the bigger inlets) full system, PCIII, 05 on t/b's and have 136bhp with 81.90 lbs/ft torque (thats about the same as a good 999) Now i think thats not to bad as the engine is standard except big bore no gas flowing and no cams so in theory should be ultra reliable thats where i am at now.

More tweaks to come over the winter (money permitting) i want to race it for the rest of the summer like this Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 15:57
Alright Kev I have a 2001 with full Akro twin system, 54tbs, open air box and Dr Rossi chip, I have just had it set up at Dynomax Uk in Lincoln and got 122bhp and 72 lbs/ft. Where did you get the kit from and how much was it. Cheers 
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 16:17
I take it you're not that far away from me if you had it dyno'd in Lincoln?

1060 kit from AF1 Racing in america $999 (about £650 at the time with p&p but all depends on the exchange rate) rebore and plating at Langcourt £300, i dont rate 54's at all (sorry) tried them minimal top end gain but mid range loss!! and i only speak from experience not what i've heard.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 17:44
I live in Durham but did a track day at Cadwell last week so went down a day early and got it done, been looking at changing to 57s but like hens teeth theres some on ebay now but wants £500 not willing to pay that. Do you know if the 54s can be bored to 57?
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 19:43
Originally posted by Kev 44 Kev 44 wrote:

I take it you're not that far away from me if you had it dyno'd in Lincoln?

1060 kit from AF1 Racing in america $999 (about £650 at the time with p&p but all depends on the exchange rate) rebore and plating at Langcourt £300, i dont rate 54's at all (sorry) tried them minimal top end gain but mid range loss!! and i only speak from experience not what i've heard.

The kit from af1 is made by Amauri as i mentioned earlier and Southern Cross are uk agents for the same kit. Hopefully no import duties to pay.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 20:37
Cheers Spoonz, why do Aprilia parts cost so much? Was talking to the guy from Big CC he couldent belive how much the kit was he does TL1000 kits off the shelf for £250.00 gutted.
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 23:56
if you look in the shop

the kit amauri developed, af1 sell etc is available
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 10:08
Spoonz the AF1 kit is made by CP Pistons and i did price it from Southern Cross but it was cheaper from the states Wink 

Tash i picked up a set of 57's from the later (05 on) bike mainly cos of the different injectors then did the loom conversion but i have a set of bored 57's that i never got round to fitting sat ere if anybody wants them.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 10:25
Just going by Amauri's comments where he states the af1 kit is the one developed by him

Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 11:35
Followed your link it appears so, i was just going on the name on the boxes that arrived. There are also a couple of uk dealers for CP Pistons if you google it
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 09:56
Nice one Kev how much do you want for the Tbs cheers
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 13:12
Make me an offer it wont be silly money, pm me
Flying Scotsman View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 14:57
Hi, I have the AF1 racing Kit fiited to my 02 Race bike with 54t/b's, evo kit,Akra 2-2 and some light head work giving between 138 - 140.5bhp (2 different dynos). Top notch kit and fitted by my local tuner, great fun and gave nearly 10bhp increase along with the head work. Trying a Big bore 2-1 soon so will have to wait and see.
Too tall but who cares.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2009 at 20:38
Alright FS what head work have you had done?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic