rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

brembo master cylinder problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brembo master cylinder problem
    Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 19:18
ok fella's i have had my levers off today for maintainance etc and when i came to put the front brake lever back on i struggled with the rubber seal which slides over the push rod , i have nicked it and now need a new one .

do i have to buy a new master cylinder or can i get a new seal Rock and how the hell do you get the thing over the push rod ??

total head mashed been tryin for 2 hours and now its split Angry

bike is 2005 rsvr
jools View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 21:08

Check and see if you are loosing fluid, if you are then im afraid its a new master cylinder, Brembo will not release the seals and they are no after market ones, Jools

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 21:46
there is no fluid so i just got some bycycle puncher repair glue and repaired it ,it seems to be holding ok at the moment fingers crossed .Big smile
YorkyMart View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YorkyMart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 10:41
I did the same 12 months ago, it is only a dust seal so does not matter, there is no chance of getting a replacement, I even looked at damaged cylinders on e-bay and at breakers but they still go for £50 !  'cos as said above, brembo do not release spares,  I  the  repair  as  with black  flexi superglue.  The trick is not to put the seal over the push rod, but to fit the seal in the cylinder and then slip the actuator rod through the hole  a bit of rubber or silcone grease helps
Packed in Working, Packed in Biking, The two things that were going to see me off !
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 14:09
Paul at Trickbits services these he's a brembo agent
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 22:04
IS THERE A WEB SITE KEV PLEASE ?
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 22:11
http://www.trickbitsracing.co.uk/index.shtml

or ring Paul on 01604 870090

sure i've seen him putting new overhaul kits into brembo master cylinders at race meetings, let me know how you get on
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 21:53
THANKS KEV

jools View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 08:25
Yes, i would be interested too, let us know how you get on. Jools
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 10:52
You can buy rebuild kits for the cast and forged M/C @ £35 a set but the parts differ for the most part to the oem M/C.

It's the oem version that you can't get kits for. The dust boot might be the same but it comes in the kit so you have to get the whole lot usually.
jools View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 08:15
Thats what i thought Spoonz, would of saved me a shed load of $$ if they did fit. Does that mean that Brembo sell the seals for the aftermarket RCS mastercylinders as they are not model specific?? Jools
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 10:08
From what i can see the rebuild kit is the dustseal, piston push rod, main seal.

They sell it as a radial m/c kit so it may fit all radial M/C but not sure about oem

Edited by Spoonz - 31 Mar 2009 at 10:08
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic