can anyone help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
Aprilia performance boss bloke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can anyone help
    Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 08:48
yeah the the fella!!
ive got a 2000 engine that im breaking at the moment dude!
sounds like a plan!

catchya soon i'll get the kettle on !
Griff

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
www.apriliaspareparts.co.uk
rsv1000punk View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsv1000punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 21:18
sounds good mate ill give you a ring at some point next week and go from there is that your number at the bottom of your posts?

cheers mate its a 99 rsv by the way

cheers
phil
up the f**kin punx

fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 20:40
christ phil i wouldnt claim to know everything about em for one minute, but im sure i can cope with what the little buggers can throw at me !! HeHe
mate im only in tamworth, bout 20mins away from you??
What year bike have you got dude ive got some complete small valve heads in stock good second hand ones!!
let me know dude!
Cheers
Griff!

Edited by fusebox - 10 Sep 2008 at 20:41

Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsv1000punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 18:29

actually griff where are you based im picking the bike up tommorow and bringing it home while i price up the parts i need but i might bring it to you when i get everything together if that is not a problem as you seem to know everything about them.

cheers
phil
up the f**kin punx

Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsv1000punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 18:22
cheers for the advice mate but yeah they rang me today to tell me that the cam shaft was also badly damedged and advised me that if i got a front cylinder head off ebay or a breakers they should be able to fix everything does that sound right or is there anything else i would have to get.
Ive seen a front cylinder head on ebay for £75
cheers
phil
up the f**kin punx

fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 11:29
phil!
please pass some information onto workshop thats doing the work, sometimes the reason why the valve has bent, which it sounds like it has, is because the cam lobes have twisted. Make sure they compare the profile of the same cam on the other cylinder before they rebuild the cylinder, there is a special tool in the genuine kit to check this profile if theyve got one???
let us know dude!
Griff

Edited by fusebox - 10 Sep 2008 at 11:31

Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsv1000punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2008 at 20:01
hi lads cheers for the help ive had to give up and take it to spr racing in notts as it had a spark and it was injecting fuel. They ran a commpression test and the front cylinder would only produce 50psi compaired to 200psi from the rear they think the exhaust valve has bent but i left it with them to strip the head off and have a proper look looks like that is the end of my trackdays for this year haha cheers anyway lads ill let you know 
up the f**kin punx

fusebox View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fusebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 08:40
give me a bell phil and hopefully i'll be able to talk you through it mate!
Cheers
Griff

01827 285500

smmrsvr View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smmrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 09:27
If you have a Power Commander on the bike you could have a loose wire on that. I was running on one cylinder as a result of a loose connection form TB to Power Commander.

If you haven't got a Power Commander...I'm stumped as i am a technical f**kwit...sorry.

Fusebox? Spoonz?

Il rombo di un gemello, un cursore sfregamento su asfalto, un estati calde giorno - io sono in cielo?
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsv1000punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 17:34
dont think so but ill check it went onto one cylinder during a trackday as i was accelerating out of a corner if that helps
up the f**kin punx

cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 17:06
is there anything trapped by the throttle bodies as its possible to cut a cylinder off on one of the small air hoses
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsv1000punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 14:50
hi lads got a problem with my 99 rsv is only running on the rear cylinder both plugs on the front are sparking which rules out the coils or plugs and thats about as far as my knowlege of bike mechanics goes so has anyone got any other idears of why its not firing any help realy apriciated
cheers
phil
up the f**kin punx

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic