rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Non bike related projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sgt Bash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sgt Bash
    Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 14:02
Hi Gents

One of my other little hobbies is Sargeant Bash, a highly modified Land Rover Lightweight/Air portable.

Owned him for decades.

These were only built for the Forces and fell into civilian hands when they were cast from the military.

I've had Land Rovers ever since I was 19. Used to off road trial/ green lane and also comp safari in a 4.6 litre v8 3m Challenger.

The Sarge was originally built with a series 2 body, later changed to what it is (Series 2A and 3) after a nasty roll over that destroyed pretty much every panel. Converted to coil sprung from leafs in the late 80's for greater axle articulation, comfort and speed off road.

I've had a few engines in. 3.5 Rover V8, 3.9 Rover V8, 2.8 Ford V6 and 300tdi.
Also have a variety of roofs. Full canvas roof and hoodsticks, "Bikini" (phwoar) canvas, canvas truck cab, full hard top and a truck cab. I think my fave is the full canvas and roll up the sides and back, remove the door tops for summer.

Another Keeper I'll never sell along with the Ape Gen 1 and SF1098s Ducati! Big smile

......... LOLLOLLOL Can't post any pics until my Premium memebership is updated, didn't realise it had lapsed LOLLOLLOL

Below is a pic from the early 90's. I had the Series 2a (HBJ871J) 2nd from the right and the lightweight (SNU301X) 2nd from the left. More of "Snux" later....

Question everything.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 14:19
Hi Rick,welcome back Wink

I didn't realise membership could lapse,I don't recall anyone ever asking anyway

Hopefully that hasn't opened the floodgates for years agoConfused

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 14:23
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I didn't realise membership could lapse,I don't recall anyone ever asking anyway

Hi Ian, thanks mate and hope you're well and fully recovered Wink

Yes, maybe because I hadn't logged in for ages. Previously it always renewed automatically, which was great for a fiver Big smile
Question everything.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 14:40
I'm good thanks,although my best mate passed away last thurs out of the blue from the same heart problem I had.

Feeling a bit vulnerable atm as it kind of bought home how lucky I was to get treatment after so many warnings I'd ignored,my mate was the same weight he'd been in his twenties and looked super fit in spite of being 75.

Still rode his Multistrada like a brain dead teenager in spite of his age.

It has made me get back on my Tuono rebuilt though,just in case anything should happen to me I don't want my family to have to sort out all the spares scattered over two garages as well as everything else.

New rear tyre cooking in the sun as we speak just waiting to be mounted and balanced.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 15:03
So sorry to hear about your best mate Broken Heart

We're all guilty of taking things for granted at times when the truth is that nothing is guaranteed in life.

I had a bit of survivors guilt after my big accident as those in the ITU beds around me died off.

One of my best mates got lung cancer and died just a few years back. Left a large hole as he was larger than life. Then my Mum passed shortly after and a few faithful hounds gone.

We just have to take things day by day and keep chipping away at the Jobs and chores we need to get done, thankful for the blessings bestowed upon us and that we have families and loved ones that care.

Good that your back on the T rebuild buddy, I've been doing stuff to the new house, when what I want to do is work on the bikes!
Question everything.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 18:11
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Premium membership requires a yearly subscription. The exception was anyone of MotoGP status ( 250 posts) as of the date Griff took over the site. They were gifted life premium membership for their contribution to the site. To be honest probably 75% pay the subs for 1 year to get the manuals, then cancel without ever posting. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic