rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The way forward on this one…?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The way forward on this one…?
    Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 17:21
I know there’s been a thread somewhere about split tank paint but what’s the consensus on something like this??

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 20:50
strip it and see what’s going on underneath 

if all ok repsray

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 21:36
To have expanded enough to crack that badly, I would worry about the integrity of the tank. Dig deeper as Mark said before throwing any money at it. 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 15:49
Or buy a steel tank, it’s what I’ve just done for mine, mine hadn’t split but distorted around the pump base.
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 16:09
^
Mine’s been destorted there for years now. Still going strong. (fingers crossed)
Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & Beta 480 RR MY19
My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 16:29
I re sealed mine about 15 years ago and bought another good steel tank while they are still available and a new pump as the wiring on mine had deteriorated badly, my original tank only swells slightly but I always run it on super unleaded.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 21:57
That's scary,think what they'll be like on the new E10Cry

Oh to live somewhere that still supplies non E fuel,sadly even the Esso Super stuff has Ethanol added to the base mix before Esso blend it at our local refinery it seems so it's E5 at best for me.

Yet another thing foisted on us while we were distracted by the 'Flu Angry

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 22:13
Sadly rules are made by thick politicians not engineers, amazes me how you can chip vehicles to give more power and mpg than what the law makers make the car manufacturers set the emissions to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic