rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noco battery charger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noco battery charger
    Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:21
Bought one of these at the same time as the Shido; it charges lithium and lead acid, although in the 2 odd years since fitting the lithium I've only had to charge it once, mainly use it for the 3 lead acids fitted to other bikes.
Anyway to the point...it went tits on me the other day, wouldn't change mode to lithium until I found a note on the web telling me how to reset the charger, then once in lithium mode the lights flickered and then all went out. Did that every time I re connected it.
Contacted Noco (in the US) who confirmed there was a fault. I had to provide a receipt and take photos of the serial number and the charger with the AC and DC wires cut off and a new one is in the post.
Excellent after sales service, got to say.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 13:20
i used a noco start jumper charger thing to jump my m275 65 so they make bloody good products.
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 03:01
I have a noco 3500g for about 4 years and have always had to press the buttons several times to get to the right setting i did not know you could reset them i will se if i can reset mine and see if that does anything
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:58
I had my 3500G set to 12v low lead acid and when I pushed the mode button it would go to 6v and stay there, then the over voltage warning would come on (obviously).
Eventually I found the reset advice, although not on the NOCO site...push the mode button for 5 seconds. After that it did go to Lithium mode, but with the fault as above.
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 19:05
thanks stevex i will give that a go and see if it makes a difference 
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:07
Impressed; a new NOCO Genius 5 landed on my doorstep this morning.
Fitz View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 10:13
Ive had loads of NOCO products over the years for work and at home, cannot fault them at all !!

Just purchased a Genius 2x4 for the garage to keep all the bikes happy over winter Smile 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 16:13
been thinking of getting one of their lithium battery they do one with 400cc for around £79 i think which aint bad or would that be too much cranking  for motorcycle
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 18:35
The bike will only pull what it needs so better over speced than under. More important when choosing I think is once you have narrowed then down based on CCA, pick one with a decent capacity.

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 05:09
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

Bought one of these at the same time as the Shido; it charges lithium and lead acid, although in the 2 odd years since fitting the lithium I've only had to charge it once, mainly use it for the 3 lead acids fitted to other bikes.
Anyway to the point...it went tits on me the other day, wouldn't change mode to lithium until I found a note on the web telling me how to reset the charger, then once in lithium mode the lights flickered and then all went out. Did that every time I re connected it.
Contacted Noco (in the US) who confirmed there was a fault. I had to provide a receipt and take photos of the serial number and the charger with the AC and DC wires cut off and a new one is in the post.
Excellent after sales service, got to say.
They have great after sales service 👌👍, I have had mine for 6 years now, run it over with the car and didn't harm it.
I was having trouble getting into Lithium mode and found it was my fault, but they said if believe there's was a fault with it send us the sales information and they would replace FOC, yes they are great, only wish they had not discontinued the indicator charge leads, but I will just buy a Shido Smart one next time and i can check the charge or status on the phone 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic