rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Bikes for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edwards Rep < 2000 Miles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edwards Rep < 2000 Miles
    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 22:11
I have an Edwards rep in dry storage. < 2000 miles. Immaculate. Still got original tyres (lol.)It's not actually been started for 4 years. (I ride my other Mille).

I am looking to sell. What's it worth please so I don't get ripped off.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 00:06
Originally posted by mark99_01 mark99_01 wrote:

I have an Edwards rep in dry storage. < 2000 miles. Immaculate. Still got original tyres (lol.)It's not actually been started for 4 years. (I ride my other Mille).

I am looking to sell. What's it worth please so I don't get ripped off.

get it to AP workshops the no.1 U.K. Aprilia shop for our bikes get   a full service and full check over and new tyres 

then ask £9k minimum for that low miles and originality it may be more ££ as the market has all of a sudden woke up to these bikes 

chat to Griff he would probably have a list of clients waiting to buy it he won’t steer you wrong 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 00:10
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324730228333?hash=item4b9b6e0e6d:g:IQ8AAOSwqw1hAC71

this one sold for £6550 with 10k more miles on it, if that helps, prices have fluctuated rather wildly the past 2 years.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 00:46
Yup 

The boys give you the right advice. If you find someone who actually wants one and knows what they are buying then bang on. 

Otherwise you will struggle to get a good price and lots of time wasters. 
As you can see on other threads the SP is going to get some admirers from the recent review by 44 teeth. I don’t know what he paid but I was offered a mint one with 4K on the clock for £9500 and a 6k mile one for £7500. 

Speak with Griff like Mark says and gauge from others. A few have gone on and ‘sold’ only to reappear later. 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 01:01
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

Yup 

The boys give you the right advice. If you find someone who actually wants one and knows what they are buying then bang on. 

Otherwise you will struggle to get a good price and lots of time wasters. 
As you can see on other threads the SP is going to get some admirers from the recent review by 44 teeth. I don’t know what he paid but I was offered a mint one with 4K on the clock for £9500 and a 6k mile one for £7500. 

Speak with Griff like Mark says and gauge from others. A few have gone on and ‘sold’ only to reappear later. 

yeah the gen1 is in a strange place right now, im a huge Aprilia fan but wouldn't pay the premium for a Edd over a standard R i know they are worth it to some due to the limited nature, but 10k is 15' RF territory,
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 08:31
Griff sounds like a good bet. I will drop Griff a PM.
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 08:35
Anyone help with an email for Griff (I'm not good at this forum m'larkey).
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 09:19
Originally posted by mark99_01 mark99_01 wrote:

Anyone help with an email for Griff (I'm not good at this forum m'larkey).

he may be in the shop today so give a call

email us: sales@apworkshops.co.uk

Call us: +44 (0)1827 285500

AP Workshops ltd

Unit 59 Tolsons Enterprise Park

Mill Lane

Tamworth

B78 3QD

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 09:20

Yup 

we’re these SP’s ? or edwards ?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 09:31
Both SP’s Mark 

The really really good one out of the two I recall was in Lamberhurst in Kent by memory. He knew his stuff and had a collection of various tasty pieces.

The other I forget now but he was desperate to sell and I don’t think he really knew what he was selling. It was tidy and little use but only as he didn’t get on with it. 

I should still have all the emails and pics. I viewed the kent one but I just didn’t REALLY want one, plus I didn’t know where to put it. I wouldn’t of found i wanted to ride it enough for a regular bike and then it would be wasted. Finding time to ride the others is bad enough. It had potential for investment which now appears to be coming true. The other bike I looked at for investment was the BMW HP2. They cost more now than they did new. I saw what I can only describe as a scrambler HP2 at The Bmw dealer in Bristol the other week. Genuine thing and pretty rare I’m guessing. Was nowhere near as pretty (subjective) as the HP2 sports bike however. 
The SP 44 teeth now has, I’d seen about for sale before I believe unless there is another with that colour scheme. 

Of note,neither of the ones I considered had oz wheels either on them or with them, just the correct Brembo, so we’re prior to them having two sets in the sale Griff mentioned and both were alloy tanks. 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 17:29
Have emailed Griff. Thanks for info all.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 19:19
i let him know earlier to expect a call or email

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
mattb1241 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb1241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 18:01
Mark

Ive sent you a PM as Im looking for a really nice Gen 1 Mille R.

Thanks

Matt
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 18:38

Both SP’s Mark 

The really really good one out of the two I recall was in Lamberhurst in Kent by memory. He knew his stuff and had a collection of various tasty pieces.

The other I forget now but he was desperate to sell and I don’t think he really knew what he was selling. It was tidy and little use but only as he didn’t get on with it. 

I should still have all the emails and pics. I viewed the kent one but I just didn’t REALLY want one, plus I didn’t know where to put it. I wouldn’t of found i wanted to ride it enough for a regular bike and then it would be wasted. Finding time to ride the others is bad enough. It had potential for investment which now appears to be coming true. The other bike I looked at for investment was the BMW HP2. They cost more now than they did new. I saw what I can only describe as a scrambler HP2 at The Bmw dealer in Bristol the other week. Genuine thing and pretty rare I’m guessing. Was nowhere near as pretty (subjective) as the HP2 sports bike however. 
The SP 44 teeth now has, I’d seen about for sale before I believe unless there is another with that colour scheme. 

Of note,neither of the ones I considered had oz wheels either on them or with them, just the correct Brembo, so we’re prior to them having two sets in the sale Griff mentioned and both were alloy tanks. 
yep i remember there was 2  kent one’s  , one sold to a gut that just turned up to deliver something and saw it ha ha 

same guy  had a honda nsx and some other bit so may be the one you mentioned 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
AN1M4L View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AN1M4L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 19:48
And to think I sold my eddy rep for 4K on here about 5/6 years ago how prices have changed with times o well lol
Loud cans save life's
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 16:49
Yep.  I sold mine about the same time for £6K and that was strong money then.  I'd expect a mint, standard one that is "right" to fetch minimum £8K with low miles on it and FSH.
R1200RS

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 21:28
originality seems to be the key these days 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 07:52
Thanks all - both my Edwards Reps (yes I had two) are sold to the same buyer. Gone to the best possible home to be re-commissioned (stood for years in storage) and be properly looked after.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 08:27
we’re they the 2 that turned up at Griffs during the week????

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 18:01
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

we’re they the 2 that turned up at Griffs during the week????

Yes indeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic