rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV4 > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 2017 RSV4 RF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 23:14
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Absolutely stunning bikes, I seriously wanted one when they were launched until I sat on one, they feel about the same size as a 125 sadly or its because I’ve always been used to big barges, the sound with a nice pipe on is fantastic.

I have a rs125 and your not far wrong. But it is easily as small as a 2006 era R6 I'm 5,11 and it's a good fit. Really comfy on long rides but not to much scooting ass back room so I would say 6ft is the hard limit.
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 23:16

Short audio clip gents,

i will get a proper flyby in the coming days.

Horseheed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Horseheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 23:57
Sounds great Jim, can’t wait to hear it on full bore, Cracking bike
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 09:14
Get video of you up and down the road on power would be great ?…
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 01:53
im going to try this sometime today or tomorrow if i can get a buddy out with me :)
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 08:05
Looking forward to it !Clap
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 23:46
WD40 bath and Maguire's waxed, all tucked in and swapped out for the daily. i also toped off the tank with e5.

daz1 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 14:40
Wont be long now mateHug
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 08:40
i am very excited for you, on the ride back to locking it up i must of been into the triple digits and as i was coming off the A12 on the ramp i was banging it down the box with it closed, no clutch and the noise on the downshifts was enough to make me actually burst out laughing like a psyco.
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 14:26

i tihnk thats been the longest i have been without having a bike parked at my house.

daz1 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 14:46
Nice mate
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 16:05
Lush, all passed then mate? You missed a cracking day at snetterton on Friday was half expecting to hear the V4 coming to say hiSmile
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 22:39
tester didn't want to test it.

trust me id of loved too. a weekday to my self, you must be joking.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 18:39
Why? 

I only do weekdays mate joys of shift work never ride on weekends or bank holidays. Trackdays are a lot cheaper too
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 19:14
before i bought the amg i used to ride everyday and i really miss it its just to easy to climb in a big comfy car. we will sort it out sometime, spoke to the geezer you put me in touch with and hes not 100 percent about it so going to send the silencer to him,
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 22:05
I'm the same mate but my commute is so short now it's not worth starting the bije so I use my van. Hopefully he'll sort you out he's done plenty of cans for people on here . My track bike runs a scorpion race can and he sorted a baffle out no problem. MHP for those interested Thumbs Up
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:36
So after Adams suggestion to see MHP for a custom baffle i finally went and picked up the yoshi,

so it has 2, one removable on the front and one in the link pipe which is also adjustable, he said that its so adjustable it can make it run really really quiet but completely kill the performance, going to fit it today and give it a noise test.

really good service from MHP 
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 01:48
leaver guards on for trackdays, if i ever get to one this year.

and a proper clean up job.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 08:58
Excellent mate knew he would sort it . If you are planning any track days let me know. 
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:46

just did a 250mile round trip to pick up some parts for a 93 SL500 i just got, only small so i took the V4. surprising how bloody comfortable this was, cruise control is a godsend especially on motorways, i know i have said it before but even in really hot weather the bike hardly gets hot, in comparison to the twin duc especially, which would of roasted my legs and nuts to death.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 18:12
Nice, cracking day for it mateCool
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 18:34
Nice one Jimmy. 
Love it

I’ve not managed to head out as we have a new puppy taking up all my free time. 

My Tuono runs hotter by comparison with 2500 miles on it still. 

Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 19:12
i wonder if the exhaust valves make them hotter 91 was the max it ever got to, tried a Launch control as well about my 5th time and im getting good at it seems so foreign to do what you need to hahah.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 19:52
Launch control sounds hilarious must try it. I'm currently riding around on a 21plt 765 street triple which I'm selling for my father in law and I can't believe how bikes have changed. I'm so used to pre 2010 machines and they have developed so much. I can only imagine how good those new apes are!
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 20:01
Mine hasn’t the valve currently as it’s the straight though race Akrapovic but it may do if I fit the legal titanium version I also have.
Yet to try launch control….firstly not really read up on it and secondly I’d forget how to programme it when out 😅
www.apworkshops.co.uk
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 20:56
yeah mate, when in neutral hold the Plus and minus Traction control buttons on the left clip on until the clock turns orange, and then hold the clutch smash her into first and do what you gotta do,LOLLOL lights up like a Christmas tree,

my mrs drives a really and i mean really fast tuned up car, it feels 10x more insane than that. 
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 15:36
Compared to the manual Jimmy, you just made it sound simple 😁 
Will give it a go on some warm tyres 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 13:09
couple of italian sorts.

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 01:58
got a JMT stuffed in the V4 and i mean STUFFED.

she just passed her MOT, no advisories.

Youwhat View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youwhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 19:35
Cracking bike and nicely photographed some great shots there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic