rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turning 57mm TB to 59mm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turning 57mm TB to 59mm
    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 19:18
Not sure if this picture will upload ok but in the process of taking out the 57mm TB I found an imperfection in the alloy.
Spot of weld and we push on...

Nothing is easy - ever.... 

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 18:29
Interesting to see your progress on this. 

Have you established 59’s over 60’s are better? I’ve not seen results for either but I’d considered larger on my big bore Gen2 before 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 21:42
only good on something like an 1103 or 1127cc lump

check out amaurai son af1 he has tested them no gains

i had a set of 59 and 60’s ready for mine and dog76’s 1127’s we were seriously thinking off getting built until the price jumped to silly money LOL

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 22:54
Mine is 1103 with 57’s and you can over fuel the bike with them, probably only real advantage would be extra air flow but there’s only so much air you can get in without forced induction.
JJW View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 00:32
So, here’s the TB before it’s patch.
If I’m honest, it’s not too uncommon with Aprilia TB’s, quality isn’t even close to that of the Japanese I’m afraid to say.

As far as performance goes, everyone gets different results but I can say this is at the far end of diminishing gains.

I can’t see how I could go past 59mm without destroying the body - can’t sleeve it either, just not viable.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 08:06
that was the air bleed hole was it ? 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 08:25
whats your plan with the bike after all of theese mods, are you going to be tracking it.

JJW View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:20
It’s no bleed,
It’s a bleeding cast imperfection - it goes nowhere.
I’m too old for tracks, this is a fast road engine build for a Mille R.
Much intel gathered from Gabro - he hasn’t missed a beat yet but I do like to find out for myself..
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 09:00
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

only good on something like an 1103 or 1127cc lump

check out amaurai son af1 he has tested them no gains

i had a set of 59 and 60’s ready for mine and dog76’s 1127’s we were seriously thinking off getting built until the price jumped to silly money LOL
Hi Mark, it was all the other things that you needed to go with it, ingnijet ecu, the exhaust and loads more. The thing is my gen 2 is pretty quick compared to an oem one and the dynojet and Autotune made quite a difference, but there's loads more, the big bores could catch it but not pass it down the back straight at Donny. I admire anyone tyring to get more power out of them. 
The slipper is the best money spent on them bikes, but everyone to their own. Then there's brakes and suspension which is Maxton. On the road that gen2 has given a few modern bikes a run for their money. With Braketech rotors all round, M4s on the front, racing PFM rear which will going on this summer with the Ironbite airbox ring which is virtually new, plus a Corsa Corta clutch master. 
The handling mods gives that bike an edge, but the slipper is to die for, and transformed the bike. 
If it is one thing I learnt building rsv factory and the 2015 R1 Superstock is that yes one part makes a difference but parts all together working in unison makes a profound difference. 
Like usual it comes down to money. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 15:56
have you got any money left ??

WinkLOLConfused

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 18:13
Not much Mark, hadn't realised the car was out of tax £, so taxed that today.
My biggest problem is my shoulder and, and hip now with osteoporosis waiting for an injection, feel like something out of the fugitive one arm  man£😂.
I am not due in Almeria till the end of October, I knew that the Aprilia would never get its money back not even close, but the R1 has become the same now.
Both are enough bike for me now Mark, I am a self taught Google Doctor now😂. I put my own shoulder back in, the pain was was unbelievable but i  can almost sleep on it now. 
I didn't take this long to to recover when i was crashed at clearways, but forty years make a difference, just will have to hope for the best Mark. 
Hope you're all well and keeping safe👍

JJW View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 20:19
At last, the finished article beside a 51mm TB
This one worked out really nicely but blending the throttle tract took time.
This is where a lot of people go wrong as there’s huge potential for creating a dip in velocity at the butterfly and injector if you get it wrong.

Nice!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic