Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

importing bikes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 00:27
The clutch was struggling with 148 so I changed my mind and concentrated on smoothness., that’s it now for the rsv. I will just enjoy riding it now.
Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 11:29
I used to have a TLR which I bought in '99 and when I was buying it the dealer asked if I would be interested in a SB8R instead. Bimota had just closed after the V Due fiasco so even though it was £7K off list I didn't buy. It was stunning though with the details spot on from the adjustable foot pegs to the top yoke it was all stamped Bimota. And the quality of the carbon was spot on. The dealer did say if I wanted it they'd spend time with me to set it up as they were all over the shop when they came from the factory.

It still wasn't a Santa Monica though, it took a lot of will power not to buy the SB8R, I don't think I could have said no to yours.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 14:31
They are a very different bike to look at compared to an sb8r, surprising how different compared to bikes from aprilia,ducati etc where as the rsvr and base model share the same look the sb8k bodywork is very different.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 09:00
Whoo I'm late to the party here! That's absolutely gorgeous. Your collection is insane, it must be amazing in that new cave of yours. Once all this covid crap is under control you should host a BBQ so we can drool over them all I promise I'll wipe upLOL
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:48
New pantalones, por favor.

That is smokin...
Shake'n bake
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 11:52
There’s getting a few nice bits of kit now, it’s took me 30 years though to gradually build up, I only had a single concrete garage for 20 years and then a portacabin for 10, this unit has been absolutely fantastic and I would be lost without it now. I had a 2 post car lift delivered a few weeks ago that I’ve yet to build up but I’ll then be able to work on my motors in relative comfort and warmth, it’s gradually filling up.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 12:12
Very nice mate I'd never be in my house.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 20:38
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 20:47
Woo hoo Thumbs Up

Sweeet Cool
Question everything.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 21:04
oh yeah baby 

so it’s still in the states

have they recommissioned it ? 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 21:10
Yes still in the states, they had to fit a new ecu in the end, it cost them $2,400, they’ve agreed to absorb the cost though as we agreed when I bought it I wanted it running.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 22:07
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Yes still in the states, they had to fit a new ecu in the end, it cost them $2,400, they’ve agreed to absorb the cost though as we agreed when I bought it I wanted it running.

that’s good to know they are sorting it out 

so now it’s up and running how long before it arrives to you

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 22:46
Probably about 6 weeks, gonna seem like an eternity, not that it already hasn’t.
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 09:09
That bike is stunning!!!!!! oh so green with envy
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 12:05
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Probably about 6 weeks, gonna seem like an eternity, not that it already hasn’t.
well at least it will be here for some nice weather 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 14:05
Sweeeeeeet Thumbs Up
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 21:17
A few weeks away but at least it’s started the journey.
https://www.instagram.com/p/COgJg2DHAne/?igshid=tjbu6fe9cegy
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 20:33
Congrats, sweet baby jesus. 
That is cool
Shake'n bake
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 20:41
Paul at pcr sent me this pic a few days ago.

It’s an sb8r he had in for ecu reflash, be nice to get the fueling checked, paul might of talked himself into some work 😁
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic