rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Lid.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Lid.
    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:35
Hi Fellas,

So the ol arai is 4 years old and has took a few wacks, decided on a new lid after not being able to decide, i found a great deal on a 2020 AGV Pista GP RR Gloss Carbon. its strange to wear something this light, actually its madness,

its not really comfy, but it looks good Tongue

cant wait to be mid corner at the snetty sipping a pepsi Thumbs Up
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:41
So it’s not that comfy but you bought it, does not compute?
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:48
but look at it.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:50
You can’t look at it from the inside that’s uncomfortable.
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:54
i have it on right now and im looking in a mirror LOL

looks f**king great.

it is comfy but it's definitely for racing and trackdays.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:55
Nice lid, I was blown away by the lightness of my carbon xlite
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:57
thanks mate,

yea i actually picked one up and that was what i was testing everything else against, i wanted it xlite light Thumbs Up
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:58
Originally posted by JimGreezy JimGreezy wrote:

but look at it.

😅😅👍🏻👍🏻 brill 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 22:59
Sorry but I don’t get it, it’s either comfortable or it isn’t, no matter what you’re using it for it should be comfortable?
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 23:05
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Sorry but I don’t get it, it’s either comfortable or it isn’t, no matter what you’re using it for it should be comfortable?

im gonna say more comfortable than a shoei but not as comfy as my old arai.

WinkLOL
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 01:35
Noice.
Same weight as my Shoei X-Spirits.

Be careful...I left mine out one day,  it was sooOoooooo light it almost floated away....

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 09:48
Originally posted by Tifa Tifa wrote:

Noice.
Same weight as my Shoei X-Spirits.

Be careful...I left mine out one day,  it was sooOoooooo light it almost floated away....

Spirits will do that   Big smile

Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 12:58
Reminds me of Darth Vader.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Roger Ramjet View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Ramjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 23:21
An Italian Darth Vader! May the Forza be with you young Jedi....
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 13:05
How much LOLLOL
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 13:06
How much LOLLOL 
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 17:13
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 13:17
Too expensive for me but hope you enjoy it.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 16:28
I was just in a similar situation, Arai Chaser X getting a bit tatty, still totally useable but it is a the matt (frost black) finish and seems to catch stone chips way more than gloss. Anyway while checking the 'black friday' deals I found the Pista GP-R for around £600 which is a decent saving on RRP, note that this is the single R version the RR was roughly £150 more. I've always been an Arai man but I really do like the look of the AGV but rather than simply buying one I thought it better to actually try before I spunked the cash. And it's a good job I did, I've found AGVs are not for me, compared to the Arai it was very uncomfortable and I think the drinks pipe is a bit pointless, don't get me wrong it is cracking helmet maybe beautiful helmet is gliding the lily but it is certainly striking to look at, light, and well made to boot. If it had fitted properly I would have bought one without doubt, but to me fit and comfort are the most important factors when buying an helmet ( or indeed any safety gear ). So I was a little disappointed that the Pista wasn't for me, but all was not lost I did end up with a new lid. I'm now the proud owner of a Arai RX7-V , and at a bargain price no less. While trying on the Pista I ended up looking at various other options, my favorite been the RX7 which fitted perfectly and was incredibly comfortable but £680 was a bit more than I was prepared to pay. I know you can't put a price on safety but there are limits. It was then I noticed the price match sign, a quick google search revealed Helmet City discounting the RX-7 to £499 which is a bit more palatable. So a quick chat with the manager and he agreed to match the price result, unfortunately after a thorough search of the stockroom the desired diamond black (gloss) could not be located, they had a frost black (matt) but I really didn't want another matt finish lid, the manager said that he could get me one in so happy  days.  But it gets better, while he was sorting the payment he asked ' what was the price match price £449 ?' well I could have been honest and said no it was £499 but I guess I'm not very honest because I just said 'yes that's right' and paid a deposit, aiming to be back the following day to collect. At this point it gets even better, I ring the day after to check it as arrived before travelling only to find it as gone to another branch, bummer but I'm assured it will be there the day after the manager is very apologetic and says because they've messed me about he'll throw in a Arai helmet carrier, TBH I'm not that bothered having to wait an extra day for the lid but it's a nice gesture and I'm more than happy to get the fancy helmet carrier.   
So the end result is a new model RX-7V including one of Arais fine helmet carriers all for £449 SmileSmileSmile
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 18:58
im a huge arai fan i have a RX7V and a axces 3, i also have a spirit as welli. i tried on every helmet including the sharp gp carbon, the AGV fit the best and after a few wear ins its fitting so well. the weightlessness feel is unbeatable and its just a premium feel and finish all over, the AGV definitely has a poncy posser vibe about it, the similar stink that comes from a ducati at the local meet without a scraped knee in sight. im hoping the tracks don't get closed this year as thats the main reason i bought it, i also have a autoimmune condition and the drink pipe will get put to use.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 20:52
I pre ordered two Arai RX7’s for 2021 from Helmet city in the Black Friday sale. 
Hoping they arrive soon! 

Mind you won’t be riding until March at it’s best so no mega rush 

www.apworkshops.co.uk
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 19:56
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

I pre ordered two Arai RX7’s for 2021 from Helmet city in the Black Friday sale. 
Hoping they arrive soon! 

yeah great time to buy a new lid helmet city had the GPRR iridium for £999 which is about £200 ish off.
ajaycad View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajaycad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 10:17
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

Hoping they arrive soon! 

Which design did you go for James?
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 14:40
Hi Andy 

These two

Also got the optional rear spoiler and tinted visors naturally 😁

www.apworkshops.co.uk
ajaycad View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajaycad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 23:21
Very nice James....
Not seen the Nakagami replica in the flesh but it looks stunning. 
I have an Arai head, first was a Rapide back in the 80's, then a Doohan rep Giga, followed by a John Reynolds Astro. Current lid is a Doohan Chaser TT. 
Always liked Arai, wouldn't have anything else now. I do fancy a Nicky Hayden Laguna Seca RX7 though 😁
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:55
Do it Andy 

Top lids. Had a couple of Arai’s before and still a rather worse for wear RX7. 
Definitely get the Haydon rep. Deals to be had on them and you will have a great tribute lid 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 15:56
Originally posted by ajaycad ajaycad wrote:

Very nice James....
Not seen the Nakagami replica in the flesh but it looks stunning. 
I have an Arai head, first was a Rapide back in the 80's, then a Doohan rep Giga, followed by a John Reynolds Astro. Current lid is a Doohan Chaser TT. 
Always liked Arai, wouldn't have anything else now. I do fancy a Nicky Hayden Laguna Seca RX7 though 😁

I still have my first Arai which like yourself is a rapide, my first ever new lid bought from Padgets 80s  looking a bit rough now but it is well over 30 yrs old, god it makes me feel old...

new and old...

New RX7 with some of my old lids, Condor, Asro J , Chaser V and of course the venerable Rapide, I have a couple of Gigas, a Quantum and an older (corsair) RX7 in my lock up, I do like Arais.. 
next job is to order a tinted rear tinted diffuser/spoiler and dark visor for the RX7 roll on summer...
ajaycad View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajaycad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 16:09
Seeing all your helmets lined up reminds me of one of my closest mates has cut all his old helmets in half front to rear down the middle and stuck them to his garage wall......Approve
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 16:43
A guy I know has about a dozen old lids and they were stashed away, he said they weren’t getting seen and taking up room so he turned them into plant hanging baskets, they look really good.
Roger Ramjet View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Ramjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 13:23
Just bought - black Gen 1 Tuono - suits you Sir!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic