rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > V4 Tuono > V4 Tuono.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just had my new 2020 Tuono Factory delivered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hys1de17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just had my new 2020 Tuono Factory delivered
    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 23:23
Well hello to you all,only proper to introduce myself first. As mentioned, I've just had my new Tuono Factory delivered today just in time for Christmas!!LOL 

I was like a big kid this morning pushing my face up to the window waiting for the Santa Van to arrive. It's been 12 years since I bought a new bike, the last was a 2008 zx10r ( last of the real ones) Wink with none of the modern electronic trickery we have nowerdays. I still have the bike it's extremely well sorted, just difficult to ride on those long euro trips to Spain etc.....yeah me too, it's an age thing that's caught up finally, I need the comfortable riding position the Tuono gives. 

Thing is, I just can't give up the sports bike DNA etc, so this Tuono is just the ticket...perfect in fact. I look forward to making some friends on this forum, asking the usual daffy heard it all questions, but in my defence, I'm new to Aprilia's though I've had a V4 before (RVF Honda).

Ps a merry Christmas to you all in these difficult times? Have a beer on meBig smile
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 23:47
Welcome aboard, it’s not the most active forum but very friendly, if you post pictures make sure your lawn is tidy and your drive is clean 😁
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 01:29
Welcome along fella. Awesome Xmas present and I don't blame you for being excited can't wait to see it once you've worked out the dark art of posting pics!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Bladerunner919 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladerunner919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 09:56
Yes, let's see that lawn. Err, I mean bike!
Garin View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 11:16
Welcome mate, hope you get some good weather to try it out properly !

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 17:17
Hello and welcome in plus seasonal greetings to you also 

As the boys say this is the best place to be.

I got the exact same bike as you the end of July and it’s an amazing machine. 
Epic choice. 
Now you need to learn how to post pics of your bike, garage and garden alongside work out the search function as your next challenges! 

Enjoy and I look forward to seeing the bike here soon 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Hys1de17 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hys1de17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 21:20
Thank you all for the warm welcome, pity the weather can't be the same eh, All I've done so far is drink hot cuppas just admiring it in my Shed/Workshop. Getting some mates round drinking beer, listen to the radio, talking about the adventures we've all had together over the years and the new ones to come With them all on my new TV4!

One things is for sure....getting my head around posting pictures Big smile I'll have to ask my sons how it's done, your all right about that one. I will try soon. Until then, enjoy the festivities if you are able too......and drink beer!
stutuono View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stutuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:23
Great minds think alike, I got my new factory the 1st of September and I also have a 08 ZX10 which I have done a flat bar conversation to, made it a much better bike for road riding.  Love my factory and I'm certain you will to, just need the weather now.
Hys1de17 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hys1de17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 22:17
Hi Stutuono,

yeah great minds same bikes and the like,. Only I couldn't bring myself to convert my 10r to flat bars, or the Vario type Confused for me just sacralidge, she's proper sorted mind. k-Tech 20dds front forks, Ohlins txt-le rear shock the LE version is super rare as in Limited Edition for Superstock Racing etc. Pc5, Gilles multi adjustable pegs (the rotational type). Quick shifter two brothers system...roar sound, not a strangled cat sound like others I've herdLOL  and many other mods to boot.I decided to go the proper route to moving and just get a bloody Tuono instead of a flat bar conversion LMFAO !

Take care mateClap
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 12:36
Where in Wiltshire are you from Hys1de17? 

I’m in Calne on the A4 near Avebury 

You should get pics of the Zx10 up also. I’ve one 2008 as a race bike also 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Hys1de17 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hys1de17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 12:47
Jeeeeezzz sorry wiggs for such a late reply mate  no excuses other than trying to refit a bathroom and full central heating system in the house as it packed up on Christmas day!....so my priorities have not been with the forums etc. 
To answer your question  im not far at all, just down in Durrington nr Stonehenge. I still haven't got out on the bike yetErmm however I'm looking to swap out the original SC pro's, (not the best time of year for them) and fit a set of Michelin power 5's? What do you think. Ill use the pirelli's for trackuse.
Wink
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 20:53
Hi mate

I’ve not tried those tyres but I’m sure they are probably more sensible option for the road. 
Looking forward to good news soon so people can go out and ride again though it seems most around my way are using riding as exercise or something 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Hys1de17 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hys1de17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 16:30
Hi mate.
Just seen the commons announcement by Boris, seems we will be able to get out on our bikes in the next couple of months after all. We unlimited social gatherings in June. So bike gatherings/rid outs will be legal againClap when we get there, how about a meet up and ride out to say West Bay? That will probably be my first real ride on the TuonoWink

I'm not wishing to naff to many people off, but as I'm a key worker, I've been very busy with work as usual, but Just saying that during this second lockdown I've seen a serious lack of commitment from the general public just faffing about! I don't see any change to the amount of traffic on our roads like it was before the first outbreak. I know people need to get about with work if there key worker, food shopping (but this can be delivered as we know). Just sayingSmile

Stay safe mate,  time will come for a meet up and a beer if you're up for that?  I might have opened a can of worms with the comments above lol. But we're all grown ups!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic