rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Other Bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've done a thing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've done a thing.
    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 00:01
I sold my Aprilia a few months back now. The guy seems to be loving it so that's great news. 

Me, I've never had a IL4 sportsbike, there has never really been one that's taken my fancy other than the 2014 - 16 Fireblade SP in HJC colours. 
I've just pulled the trigger on one. 

The dream was to get a Ducati or RSV4, but I think it's going to have to wait. 

You can't get rid of me that easy though, I'll be hanging around. 
Anyway, here's the new toy. 
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 00:52
Noice...
GIZ GO!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 07:29
Nice one mate doesn t matter what you ride this is still the best bike forum in my opinion. Bet that is rapid!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 07:38
Nice, I’d never been a Honda man until a few months ago when I bought my 08 sc59, I’ve been converted although it’s not exactly standard, there’s plenty of nice parts out there for them.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 08:42
Does look good!!
Bladerunner919 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladerunner919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 09:15
I'm the opposite - I'd never ridden anything other than 4 cylinder Hondas (CBR600F, then 1996 Fireblade, 1999 Blackbird, 2010 CBF1000) until I bought the RSV in the summer. I was a bit unsure how I'd get on with it, but I love it.

Admittedly I do also still have the Fireblade (which I can't imagine ever parting with) and the CBF1000, which is my daily commuter!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 09:41
An 08 plt blade is going to be my next trackday tool 
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 20:28
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Nice one mate doesn t matter what you ride this is still the best bike forum in my opinion. Bet that is rapid!

I hope so! LOL Time will tell. It'll be while before I get to give it the beans. 
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 20:32
The only IL4 I've had is a 2009 Z1000. Lovely bike but not the quickest thing in the world. 

They're getting to that stage now where they are affordable as a track bitch. Dare I say it, I fancy a GSXR750 for a track bike. 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 21:00
That's the other option my friends k8 was a beast. One more season on my little 6 and I'll be upgrading as you say they are almost affordable now for track duties. I take it the blade is road only?
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 21:37
For the time being yes, although that seems a massive waste.  I'll probably have a go on track at some point.  
Hopefully (Covid permitting) I'll get a euro trip in next year. Really fancy the Pyrenees. 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 22:15
Hard to plan anything at the moment eh. Pyrenees? 
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:29
Pyrenees, fantastic on the Spanish side, they know how to build and maintain roads. The French side's roads are not looked after so well.
If you're going via Santander on the ferry, Picos de Europa mountains are brill too.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 11:09
The picos mountains are stunning, did them last year and stayed in potes for a couple of nights, beautiful old town.
Mad Dog View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 12:43
Love the Pyrenees, I drove them from Perpignan to Santander zig-zagginging from France to Spain and some time in Andorra. Did it all in an 1982 Land rover. Cost me £600 in petrol though.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 19:59
Sounds pretty cool Cool
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 07:23
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

Pyrenees, fantastic on the Spanish side, they know how to build and maintain roads. The French side's roads are not looked after so well.
If you're going via Santander on the ferry, Picos de Europa mountains are brill too.

I'd never heard of them until you mentioned it. I've been looking at maps and watching YouTube, they look incredible for touring. 

Not sure we'll ever be able to leave the UK at this rate so I'll just have to abuse the Brecons and Snowdonia LOL not that having them on my doorstep is a bad thing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic