rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central London ULEZ changes 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4yne_rig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central London ULEZ changes 2021
    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 21:52
I don’t know if anybody else has noticed but they are making the congestion charge for central London stricter in 2021. 

I’ve just stuck my reg in on the tfl website and as of 2021 I’ll have to pay £12.50 a day to ride into central London. Yet my car is ULEZ exempt. Which is a diesel not hybrid or anything like that. 

So I can sit in traffic for free polluting the atmosphere with diesel fumes yet I have to pay to nip along bus lanes and in between lines of traffic. 

Excellent logic mayor Kahn, where’s MAG when you need them Confused
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 21:56
Any sort of joined up thinking seems to be in short supply these days

I think Covid is a convenient cover for all sorts of agendas

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 22:31
You can get your bike tested and get a cert to show it complies.
https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/how-to-get-a-motorcycle-emissions-test-and-beat-the-ulez-charge/
Rich Simpson View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 22:33
Many motorcycles (including nearly all 2-strokes) actually meet the NOx limits even if they don't have the Euro 3 approval. If you can get a letter from the importer confirming this, you can escape the charge.

Rich Simpson View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 22:37
TfL is about to go bust. Due to run out of money today.
tfcoulson View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfcoulson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 23:05
Can also get a certificate of conformity and your v5 and send in to them:

W4yne_rig View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4yne_rig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 23:16
Excellent advice folks, cheers. I didnt realise it was that easy to apply for an exemption 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 05:54
i found out maybe a couple a years  ago that it was going to be widened to the south circular i have tried a
 few times to get a certificate for my mille from aprillia and piagio  and have been told that it cannot be supplied i think bikes from 05 onwards will have the nox figures on the logbook in standard form  my bike would pass the emmision test i would say but it aint standard riverside motorcycles in the east end is the only tfl approved place £172.00 for the test i will book a test and see what the outcome is in the meantime i emailed triumph to ask if an 05 speed triple nox would be below the emission they said yes so i got one and they sent me the certificate no charge and yes it does not make sense about diesel and two strokes i  cycle different routes to work and have been amazed at the amount of work that have been done on the roads these last months blocking off side roads double lanes to single 20 speed limit bicycle lanes where they not needed all of which is stopping the flow of traffic wheres the logic 
Bladerunner919 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladerunner919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:21
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

i will book a test and see what the outcome is 

Do let us know the outcome. In normal times I ride into South Kensington every day on my Honda CBF1000 which is ULEZ compliant, but it would be nice to use the Mille now and again in the summer, so would be good to know if it will pass the test.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 11:55
For anyone that tours you will find the emission rules apply in some euro cities especially in France.  To my knowledge, Lyon, Paris, Grenoble but that’s probably not all. You have to pre apply to take your vehicle in and get a sticker to put on your reg. if it’s a non euro 3 bike or car it’s not allowed in at any price. 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 18:48
bladerunner it might be this year or early next but i will let you know what the outcome is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic