FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first ride today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first ride today
    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 00:27
Nice to hear you boys are getting out and about 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 19:15
Yep that bat will be fine hook up to optimate good to goThumbs Up I just came back from a spin around cornwall think I just lost a stone in sweat lol but as said can't complain. 
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 17:48
As said the TTZ14S is the upgrade for the bike , should spin ok with that, let us all know ,,,, enjoy, just done 100 mls today, thought of Mr W as I was in Marlborough and then towards Calne, bit hot out there , but shouldn’t knock it. 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 16:19
Welcome along Bob I'm partial to a Gen2 factory great choice and the battery you've bought will certainly do the job and you can get out and enjoy it. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 16:09
That’ll work fine they’re just heavier , for lithium I use shido ltx14bs or for really big cranking ltx16bs but there’s numerous brands.
Bob1 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 16:04
think i got the wrong battery on there anyway the one thats on there is a jmtx12bs. so i have just ordered a new one would of got a lithium but i didn't no which one to get didn't want to start hacking things apart to make it fit so i got a yuasa ttz14s coming i have been informed it will slot straight in😊
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:30
Most I left mine is 4 days without being on the optimate and as said before still on original battery, learnt my lesson while I had My 52  959i speed triple renewing every 18 months, I really do rate the optimate4 I use .
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:29
There's an alarm on my Mille but don't think it's active. Or at least the bike has negligible parasitic drain and only needs the key to start. Would get rid of it from the rear subframe but it's still connected to the loom somehow. One day have to pull it all apart and get rid of it properly. Bloody things ha
Owen
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:09
Great bikes bud glad you like it and welcome in,that's a few that's come in from inline fours good to hear people liking the changeThumbs Up hey big un how you go about removing alarms? Mine still got it on but its behaving itselfErmm
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 11:46
worst thing on any bike imo,bloody alarms.
i had a lithium battery that weighs the same as a packet of rizzlas
and the 150 solenoid,had 1 of my 4 milles that had an alarm and had it removed and never had a problem.

my tuono i bought just before i went away to cornwall for a week.
i left it on trickle and the sod wouldnt start when i got back.
could have been a dud battery,but new solenoid and battery and it never missed a beat.
well worth the cash to never have to worry about what i saw as the only weak point on these great bikes.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:06
Oh .... no alarm on mine ?
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 09:04
Ref solenoid 

Depends on the year of the bike 

04/05 would have the lower 90? amp version as standard, then I believe 06 onwards had the 150amp Solenoid 

Always worth a good check anyway as they are cheap and can fail

AP do the full kit Andy mentions above to cover all bases or a solenoid is about £45 on its own 

Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 08:55
All std on my Gen2 just keep battery on optimate 4  no problems so far 11 yrs 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 08:15
As said by all,the best mods you can do are 
The higher cold cranking amps battery,trickle charger always on,
remove any fekin alarm and uprate battery cables.
Doesnt matter what chip or exhaust system your running
If the bloody thing wont start or buggers yer sprag.

Once these are sorted,theyre an incredible bike!
Isnt the 150a starter from a gen 2 anyway btw?
I thought it was just an upgrade for the gen 1?
ajaycad View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajaycad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 07:41
Welcome to "The Club"....
Concur with the battery advice, would also be worth you investing in a set of upgraded starter cables and the 150A starter solenoid
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 20:54
Glad to hear the bike is impressing you , but as above look after the battery, good luck.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 20:33
Hey 

Glad you’re enjoying the bike 

Give the battery a test and if good, keep it on a trickle charge.
If it’s done for, get a lithium battery and save a shed load of weight. A few threads on here about how good they are and no more expensive than a traditional acid Yuasa quality battery either.  

So long as you use a 55 profile tyre you’re good to go. So either a 180 or 190/55 

Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 18:50
Glad you like it, don’t try to start these if the battery is low, kick back can damage the starter sprag, 180/55 or 190/55 for me, I find a 50 profile tyre slow turning personally.
Bob1 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 18:36
been waiting two weeks for this bike got delivered this morning gen 2 factory get the bike out the van started no problem. driver shoots of i check it over get ready to go out for a ride wont start flat battery great start. got the seat of started with a jump starter pack. first impressions fantastic been used to inline fours most of my life boy these things got some grunt. ride deffently a bit on the firm side but not a bad thing bit viby but no more than i was expecting so all in all well chuffed with it. seat took 2 minutes to take of half an hour to put back how the hell do you line up the bolt holes also i noticed its got a 180 55 rear is that the best option or is the 190 50 the one to go for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic