rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Badapples Daytona 675

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Badapples Daytona 675
    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 20:19
Thought it was about time you finally saw what I've been doing with the Daytona. Been out for a cracking ride today with a group of mates and these pics were taken before take offWink

Full carbon rear end. VERY hard to source especially the cowl!

Valtermoto rearsets and AS3 hoses 

Triumph res and HEL custom line , I had to space the rearsets to accommodate the brake light switch...     pain!

Lightech chain adjusters very tasty and really worth the money!

Akra titanium large bore exhaust, need I say more Big smile

All the carbon bar the tail is OEM triumph from the R model. My overall goal was to make a nice looking bike that looked special to those that would notice . Suspension re valved and sprung at MTC and there's a few things on the bench still to go on but overall I love it. With the lithium battery and other lightweight mods she's weighing 165kg wet with just under 120bhp.

I'm loving it Big smile
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 20:52
Ba that's stunning mate giz a go lol Thumbs Up
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 21:15
Lovely bike and some nice upgrades, you could of put the brake light switch on the caliper.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 21:25
Levi if you're ever local to Norwich you're welcome Thumbs Up

I never thought of that Warren might do that over the winter and run the wire inside the p clips good spot.

Cheers guys thought I'd better prove it actually exists LOL
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 22:10
Sweet. Been out on MrsR's Street today Which is fun but the Daytona must be a weapon.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 09:15
Looks good Adam đź‘Ť super lightweight too, bet it feels like a 250 2t after the gen 2.
Owen
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:14
Adam 
Nice bike, how is torque and power delivery on one of these compared to the Rsv?
Shake'n bake
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:37
It is indeed a weapon Dave! It's incredibly light and nimble so easy to flick around and does feel very similar to a RS250 but with way more power everywhere. Low down is obviously not as good as the Gen2 but not a million miles away to be fair however it just keeps pulling and really picks up after 8k all the way round to 14k screaming the noise is really addictive. On my usual b roads I can basically ride in 3rd from tight corners to fast sweepers. If you haven't tried one I'd definitely recommend a test ride I borrowed this one for a weekend and had to buy it. Might not suit everyone but my 5"5 10st frame is s perfect fit .
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 13:18
Looks really good Thumbs Up

I did think about trying one a while back but a mate who's about the same height as me,around 5'11" I guess rode the shops demo bike and said he couldn't wait to get off it was that uncomfortable so I never bothered in the end.

Even the Gen2 Ape feels a bit cramped to me after a Gen1 Mille,the downside of being old and overweight I suppose Cry

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 16:21
Just got back from another little ride and she's certainly made me smile again but even at my height after a couple of hours I'm happy to get off and have a beer. Not a " normal" sized humans machine unless you are thacking it round the track for short periods. I'd love one as a trackbike she may get converted if I destroy the kwacka Confused
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 18:20
They’re a lovely bike and I tried them for size a few times but like the rsv4 they’re just to small for me, absolutely no hope of me getting behind the fairing.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 18:34
Thats a beauty B.A!
Bet it sounds and goes as well as it looks buddy.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 20:38
They are very similar to the V4 in size.

Cheers bigun I'm pretty smitten with it had her a good year now. The Akra dies sound gorgeous with the raspy triple note 
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:02
Funny that, because I've sat (but not ridden) on both a D675 and RSV4. At 6'6" they both felt comfortable to me. Sure, I'm not likely to get my chin to the tank without sitting on the tail. But other than that they felt fine. Decent enough reach to the bars, which is the most important thing. The RSV4 felt just as spacious as my gen 1, despite looking tiny. 

The D675 I tried must have been jacked up a bit because it felt like the seat was really high. A bit like the seat was a foot higher than the clipons too, like a racing bicycle. Long stretch from seat to sets too. Though my legs do bend at the knee, that amount of room would probably be less tiring I'd think. 
Owen
MikeyR View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 19:31
Very nice bike, my Mrs ran an SE for 2 years, the 2nd gens are way better than the 1st. We've still got an '09 , modded for road & track. I've fitted street R bars for road but use clips ons for track. Once they're set up the handling is astonishingly good with a good dollop of torque which you appear to be using already! Rapid too. 
You gotta keep on top of suspension linkage & headstock greasing, Triumph were particularly stingy. Stators/reg rec bit iffy but should have been done under recall. Overall they're a cracking bit of kit.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 13:46
Hi Adam, hope you're well me ol mate.

That's looking seriously trick buddy and I like what you've done to it.

I've never really looked at one up close tbh, but I like what I see Thumbs Up
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 15:36
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Hi Adam, hope you're well me ol mate.

That's looking seriously trick buddy and I like what you've done to it.

I've never really looked at one up close tbh, but I like what I see Thumbs Up

Cheers Rick hopefully you'll get a chance to see it in the flesh next year I absolutely love it! Like I said the triple and your 1098 will sound pretty amazing! I'm pretty much done few small winter jobs but I'm not going to spend anymore on it now bar a set of de cat headers if I can find a set and map to suit and some levers when a mint second hand set pop up.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 15:39
Originally posted by MikeyR MikeyR wrote:

Very nice bike, my Mrs ran an SE for 2 years, the 2nd gens are way better than the 1st. We've still got an '09 , modded for road & track. I've fitted street R bars for road but use clips ons for track. Once they're set up the handling is astonishingly good with a good dollop of torque which you appear to be using already! Rapid too. 
You gotta keep on top of suspension linkage & headstock greasing, Triumph were particularly stingy. Stators/reg rec bit iffy but should have been done under recall. Overall they're a cracking bit of kit.

Recalls all done mate, I'm very tempted to get one for track duties as I would imagine they can keep with most especially on UK circuits. Gen2 is definitely a much more complete machine and the one to have. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic