rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back again
    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:04
It’s been a while... I just bought Jez Snelling’s mental 1103cc gen 1 so I’m back in the fold Big smile
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:06
Nice, 1103 does work well 👍
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:28
Literally just fired up my facebook for the first time in ages the other day and saw that. Pretty much perfect gen 1 isn't it. Got everything done 
Owen
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:54
Luv to try one of these b bore motors bet they are mental especially 1103 set up properly Big smile
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 15:17
is this the one he has just built the new motor for?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 15:18
oh and welcome back MarkThumbs Up

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 15:59
Yes mate that’s the one. Shower injection and all sorts of magical stuff Tongue
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 18:21
What he do to it this time around? 

Not seen it for a few years now 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 19:57
This is from Jez's advert.. 145bhp at the back wheel. It's a bit special

Gen2 1103cc 
Gabriele 'Gabro' Malara ported heads (valves and seats reworked)
Kämna bored and plated barrels 
Pistal race pistons
60mm throttle bodies 
IWP 189 injectors (shower)
4x intake cams (107.5-113.0 cam timing)
Cometic head gaskets 
Up rated CanAm oil pump (higher volume and pressure)
Barnett race clutch and springs
Modified gen1 crank
Engine blueprinted and completely rebuilt inc gearbox (every bearing, clip, washer, seal renewed)
PCV and autotune 
Evo6 exhaust with titanium silencers and link pipes
MSS airbox with custom removable/washable air filter
Custom fuel system using aircraft spec fittings
Carbon short velocity stacks
MOSFET reg rec
Slotted cam wheels to enable custom timing
Up rated Denso fuel pump
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator 
Quick release dry break fuel lines
Ducati 1098 oil cooler on custom bracket (approx 30% higher capacity)
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 23:26
Welcome back mate how have you been?
That's one hell of a bike and I was sent a link by Adam paddedcell. What's the plan are you still only doing trackdays certainly got a weapon for it now.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 00:21
Originally posted by m9rko m9rko wrote:

It’s been a while... I just bought Jez Snelling’s mental 1103cc gen 1 so I’m back in the fold Big smile
You lucky man Marko, that is some bike, I would have bought that had I not bought the R1. I I was hoping it would go to someone that would appreciate it. Could not have gone to a better home, when we going on a Euro day?
Me and Adam are going to Portimao on the 8th May, 3 days
Come with us Mark, that will show some bikes up £😂👌👍
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 06:32
Welcome back mark.
That sounds one hell of a bike pal.
Stick some piccys up when you get chance 
So we can dribble all over them.Wink
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 07:38
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

You lucky man Marko, that is some bike, I would have bought that had I not bought the R1. I I was hoping it would go to someone that would appreciate it. Could not have gone to a better home, when we going on a Euro day?
Me and Adam are going to Portimao on the 8th May, 3 days
Come with us Mark, that will show some bikes up �£😂👌👍
Definitely come along it's going to be awesome Thumbs Up
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 09:06
I think I'll be well up for that. Sick of dodging the rain here. The missus also approves, she's going to come too... Just track time for me badapple, the bike doesn't have a V5 anyway although could apply for one if I really wanted to. I'm picking her up weekend after next hopefully, will get some pics up. Going to get a new paintjob but besides that nothng needs touched. Maybe give the EVO 6 a polish actually.. lol

Richard, did you have any days booked this year? Any hassle getting money back or flights refunded? What a nightmare with COVID!!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:23

I think I'll be well up for that. Sick of dodging the rain here. The missus also approves, she's going to come too... Just track time for me badapple, the bike doesn't have a V5 anyway although could apply for one if I really wanted to. I'm picking her up weekend after next hopefully, will get some pics up. Going to get a new paintjob but besides that nothng needs touched. Maybe give the EVO 6 a polish actually.. lol

Richard, did you have any days booked this year? Any hassle getting money back or flights refunded? What a nightmare with COVID!!
Congratulations Marko  on your new bike, great buy. 
Yes Marko I am still trying to get my money back for flights, the way to do it is to get your bank to recall it, which is what I am going to do the now like my friend done.
As fir the trackday, I was booked up for April, 6 days at Almeria, but it got cancelled. They did let me carry it over till the end of May next year.
With the flights pay with a credit card, with FE you can take an insurance out for 50 quid for the year, if you have to cancel you don't lose nothing, worth doing.
Marko me and Adam would love for you to come along, and doubt you will do a UK trackday again. 
6 days in Almeria last October for 525 quid, FE own the two circuits there so they can do it cheap, it is also great to go in the garage in the morning after breakfast at the hotel to jump on the bike and just ride it. To do it 6 says in a row was great, you can build on your previous day. Only 40 to a group, not like the NL w**kers with 60.
We talked about a couple of years ago and that was before I went, but I think you will change your mind about UK days and Adam probably will feel the same. I am booked up, well my deposit is paid for Poritamao and Adam is doing it soon.
It is the same money to have your girlfriend / wife to have the room with you as it yo have it on your own.
I will send you some details on WhatsApp. 
You can have a go on the Superstock, experience the autoblipper, thumb brake plus the race modified race TC, not forgetting the 207hp at the back wheel 😜.
It will be great to meet up with you and Adam and have some tracktime together👌👍
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:56
Yeah the repatriation insurance includes travel insurance to protect against cancellations. Was telling Adam about this the other day. First euro Mark and I just got it last thing before we left. Got it because it was required but didn't think anything of it. 

Last one Mark had a big highside at Cadwell the summer before, leaving him too injured to work for months let alone ride. Long story short, NL didn't refund any deposit. In fact they had extra money from him too. Was looking at my repatriation insurance and noticed if he'd had it right from the start it would have all been covered. Would have also got refunds on the flights etc. Wouldn't have cost him anything. As it was he lost the cost of the trackday to NL and the cost of the cheap flights. 

One thing I've learned is any euro I do I'm buying that repatriation insurance first thing. It's not just to cover you at the track, it protects the entire trip. Since you have to have it anyway there's really nothing to lose buying it the same day you put down the deposit.
Owen
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 16:47
Cool really hope you can make it would love to see that beast round portimao. My missus wasn't interested so I'm on my own but trying to convince my mate who I do trackdays with to come along too and I'm booking up over the weekend or Monday if they are shut as I'm riding out with him tomorrow however he's just been caught at 114mph so may not have a licence.....whoops.

Owen has given me some cracking advice and I'll be getting the insurance at point of booking and the flight is cheap. Just hope it happens  with covid rearing its head again. 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 09:45
Has adam still got the black zx12 b.a?
Not heard from the old fella in ages!
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 18:29
Thanks for the tips! I should be in a position to start buying a trip in January / Feb, hopefully that's not too late. And I'll take the insurance for sure. I think next year I may not even bother trying to dodge the rain here, just do 2 euro trips instead. Picking the bike up Friday, can't wait to see and hear it for real
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 20:32
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

Has adam still got the black zx12 b.a?
Not heard from the old fella in ages!

Not sure who you mean mate?
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 20:35

Thanks for the tips! I should be in a position to start buying a trip in January / Feb, hopefully that's not too late. And I'll take the insurance for sure. I think next year I may not even bother trying to dodge the rain here, just do 2 euro trips instead. Picking the bike up Friday, can't wait to see and hear it for real

Cool beans mate exciting times. Hope it will still have spaces then too if not I'm sure we'll bump into each other in the sunshine these euro trips are addictive by all accounts. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 07:25
Marko it's 200 quid deposit, the balance has to be paid 3 weeks before the trackday. Yes I think you will prefer it.
We may go to Almeria before Portimao, i went for 6 days last time, but this year we are going for 5.
On the multiple days, you can go for two days minimum up to six. 
Six days in a row, you will really like that 😂, but it is great after the first day you just turn up in the morning, turn the tyre warmers on, get your gear in and go out. 
Definitely worth paying that 50 quid cancellation insurance, especially with Covid, then you get a choice whether to go and if you don't, you don't lose your money. 
I will keep you posted. 👍
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 09:17
Wow, only done 3 days at a time so far. Bet it takes it out of you a bit doing 5 or 6 days in a row. Or I guess you can just take it more easy and skip the odd session. I have this problem where on a trackday I peak around my 3rd or 4th session. On a 3 day euro I think I peak on the first or second day and just get smoother and more comfortable doing a similar pace after that. Pace doesn't improve much but get more confident with passing at different places. Funny because I can do a track day and not ride for months and then I'm seconds quicker on my next day. Think I improve more when I'm not riding ha. Anyone else like that?
Owen
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:30
Hi Owen, you are absolutely right about the 6 days, you can miss out a few sessions, in fact I reckon I only done half the day's when I added it all up. First session my fault getting exited and forgetting I was there for six days, then the petrol cap flying off when someone filled my bike up, my fault again for not checking it 😂.
But it's great being there for six days, I think we all were glad to be going home, but not  till the last day when we was packing up😂. 
The thing is I loved that routine for them 6 Idays, I reckon it would take it out of you, but I learnt a lesson at Donny a few months before, the R1 is so physical to ride, tbh I wasn't expecting that. I had forgotten that I had got older, the acceleration and braking the whole thing but is demanding, you have to dominate it all the time otherwise it takes over. But it was 38 degrees at Donny, and the heat was ridiculous with the humidity.
I realised that trackday how out of shape I was, so trained hard for Almeria and it paid off big time. I have real good mountain bike now and soon as I recover from this back injury, I will be riding it in the forest. It is an XC bike so made for climbing but the little time I had on it I enjoyed and it would really help with track.
The Aprilia is much more relaxed, dare I say it, more enjoyable in a way.
About you saying how you get better after some time off,  I found when I was racing on my TZ350, that you get stuck for a while at the same pace then suddenly it a snaps into place and your whole riding and time make a big  jump.
It can also depend on who you are riding with, when you are stuck with faster riders you tend to improve just because you are in that company. But I do know what you are saying, you can finish a season and come back after the winter break and improve. 
I think it is a bit like say a mechanical problem with the bike, you can keep at it getting nowhere, come back the next day or even a week later and  sort it out. It is like having a fresh mind. 
See if you can make it Owen for a 5 day one next year, throw some comp slicks on, I reckon they would have done them 6 days, great value for the amount miles you get out of them.
Also if you do have a problem, all is not lost with them 5 and 6 days. 195 quid to go to Donny 525 it was for 6 days, the last day the two circuits were linked up making it a 7 and  1/2 mile lap. That Andalusia circuit was tough and I done one lap and thought I won't push my luck and started packing up.
They say it was made for suprebike riders to train on, I can see why, corners that tighten up on themselves also a few blind ones plus a few with the cambers droping away from you �£. 
So nearly all of us said we will come for 5 if the last day was on two circuits. Plus when the two linked circuits, if there was a crash, with that long lap it took a while to get the bikes back and restart.
40 to a group makes a big difference, I think it was a Friday in the afternoon and a lot of people were going home, because of that there were 15 in my group that afternoon we felt like we had the circuit to ourselves 😁😂�£
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:48
Yeah good pricing with FE too. NL I think was about £750 for 3 days so you want to get your money's worth. Worked it out and with over a grand all up, 3 days of 6 sessions it was over £60 a session. With FE you're looking less than half that probably, with what looks like a more relaxed atmosphere off track too. 

One thing I learned in Spain - which I also do in the UK now - is just get out of my leathers after coming off track. T-shirt, shorts and flip flops in between sessions. Bare foot around the garage actually because the floor was nice and cool. Takes less than 5 minutes to get leathers, back protector, boots, gloves and helmet on and you really feel the benefit for doing it. First trip I had these old Hein Gerricke 2 piece and left the jeans and boots on and looking back it was needless suffering. Paddling pool between sessions would be good actually ha.

Comp k slicks are decent. Used them at Catalunya and look to be lasting well. Can feel they're not as sticky as supercorsas but I didn't have any problem with them. SC front and Compk rear would be a good combination I think. Not that you need it, just for whatever reason I found braking and leaning I had more confidence on the corsas before swapping for the compk. No slips with either though.

Be interested how that 1103 goes on the long straights. Through corners you know it'll claw back time but the long straights are normally where stock RSVs lose out. Having that extra power you'd think it should hold it's own a lot better.
Owen
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:13
Yes a good idea to get out of your leathers, these new ones I am hoping come off easier.
My Aprilia, the 1103 could catch it but not pass it 😂£.
My one is pretty quick though, from when I got it and now there's a big noticeable difference. 
Tapmyhead's 1103 could not pass it down the straight, in fact he commented on how fast it was for a stock, well not stock besides the cc 😂£.
I would like to try the VO2s, but one of the Superstock R1s ate them in two days😂. That would be expensive, I have some K2s and K1s front, which I might take to Portimao and take the Comps in reserve. I was told they are better than my comp slicks, tbh I didn't feel any difference.
It is a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, and no favouritism as with NL. I will try to avoid NL if I can, may go with Redline and Gearshift too. They are both rated highly. 
FE own Almeria and Andalusia so I guess they can do it cheaper. 
They do a thing where you can leave your bike there in Spain and they will take it any track on there dates including Portimao, 900 odd quid and you get 13 of 15 days of your choice.
I wish I could do that, I guess I could when the Aprilia is finished 👍 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:25
Watching this unfold is really getting me twitchy again Big smile

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:33
K1 and K2 are basically SC1 and SC2. They will grip better than the comps but not last as long. At Catalunya there was someone with Dunlop slicks. Very expensive to buy but after 3 days on his Ducati V4 they looked better than my comps after 2 days on my Mille. Must be setup dependant a lot too I guess. Would hate to spend that kind of money relying on good life and find I chew them up straight away. Carl was saying for him he gets better wear out of SC1 rear than SC2 rear on a Mille so it shows you can't always predict based on the tyre alone. Also heard conti slicks are good. 

With Portimao getting a new surface it'll probably be really grippy but also abrasive, so harder tyres might be better. That said, I don't think I'd go to Portimao without some kind of wet weather option. Either touring tyre or full wet ideally. 

Yeah the dream for me would be a decent van and just spend a summer cruising about Spain and stopping at tracks along the way. At Catalunya there was an old Irish man (approaching 70 I think) on an SV doing just that with his wife. Can see myself being his age when I'm in a position to do it. Not a bad way to spend a retirement though is it. If you still have the health to do it.
Owen
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:34
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Watching this unfold is really getting me twitchy again Big smile

Lend Adam my bike, Rich takes his Aprilia, there could be 4 of you on RSV2s LOL
Owen
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 11:46
I wish LOL

I'd really like to come along but I doubt I'll get to do a foreign track adventure again,my Mille is effectivelly standard anyway and my pace would be well down on anyone else on track.

Also I'll be 68 by then and I'm still recovering from a triple bypass op and not started riding again yet,I can see me doing more local outings next year though (covid permitting).

I quite fancy joining MrMiller at one of Whitam's race schools at Anglesey if he's still doing them

I shall continue watching this with interest though Thumbs Up

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic