rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > V4 Tuono > V4 Tuono.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tuono Factory 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 09:27
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

It is also the most sorted of the V4’s really and after 2017 they seem reliable compared to the early conrod or valve recession models which is , again in line with Ian’s 2009 Tuono being the most sorted Gen2 model as all its quibbles and stator issues were finally put to bed as an example. 

Was going to ask about that. I read about a lot of engines blowing on RSV4s over on AF1 but you don't really hear the same about the Tuono 4s. I think the valve guide issue only really came into effect towards the top of the rev range where a track/race RSV4 is going to spend a lot more time than a road Tuono. 

Good to know they've sorted it for 2017 though as it's one thing that's always put me off the RSV4s. Would love one otherwise for the advancements in chassis etc. as much as anything. Not that I could afford to replace my Mille. Or even have a burning need to replace it. Funny, it's only when looking at other bikes that I get a wandering eye. The bike itself is the last thing on my mind when I'm actually riding. 
Owen
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 09:35
True with me to black lines, when on mine it’s all that matters, absolutely thrilled with my old Tuono Factory Big smile
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:02
Tuono v4’s don’t Rev quite so high as the rsv4 and run steel valves, rsv4 uses ti stems mated to a steel head. That’s partly why tuono valve trains had an easier time.

I think it was Micah that said that to get the power they went for revs on the rsv4 and compensated for the valve bounce by fitting super stiff valve springs. Hence the regression and valve head failures some suffered. 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 13:32
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

Funny, it's only when looking at other bikes that I get a wandering eye. The bike itself is the last thing on my mind when I'm actually riding. 

That's where I found myself,I hardly bother doing any mileage these days as I find the pleasure I used get is now diluted by watching out for dozy drivers and camera vans.

Tbh I blame the technology,most bikes are so smooth and capable you could almost go to sleep riding them if it wasn't for road hazards.

This is especially true of the top end sports bikes where you really need to be doing 'go straight to jail' speeds before they wake up

That's why I sat up and took notice when I saw the 1290 SD R tested,that just seemed to be a bonkers bike that would keep me fully engaged at normal road speeds on the sort of B roads I use.

Truthfully though a 250 2t would probably be quite adequate and still be capable of showing up  superbikes on my local roads.

Certainly given equal local knowledge and training I couldn't ride away from my mate on his 250 2t Honda while I was riding my Mille, he had the drop on me in the corners certainly.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 13:46
Maybe you're better off with an RS250 then Ian. Or a little supermoto. I think a 1290 KTM is a lot of power for the road too. And it's bigger and heavier than a supermoto. 

But really ignoring dozy drivers and camera vans you're still left with most corners being blind, 20% chance of there being gravel/manure/cyclists in your path just out of sight and then drivers who swerve out to try to block you when overtaking. Road riding for me is rarely more than a gentle pootle. There's so much restraint needed not just with the throttle but also how fast you enter corners.

Best kept as just a nice relaxing ride I think, not a race with your mates. My first track day I went with a group of friends who are all quite experienced and fast road riders. I'd not long passed my test so was much slower on the road. Funnily enough we were all about the same pace round Cadwell which made me realise 20 odd years on the road counts for next to nothing when it comes to riding ability. Stopped being impressed by mph and only really care about minutes and seconds.
Owen
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 14:21
All very true, although for me on track minutes and seconds are rarely relevant,I tend to use a sun dial LOL

I've done my time being competitive on track back in my side car days,now I just treat it as a Volvo less one direction fast road ride in the novice group.

Had a supermoto once though and really don't fancy another,damned uncomfortable things although frequent stops to refill the tiny tank helped.

I think riding has almost run it's course for me sadly,I get more fun out of just tinkering with them now Cry

The KTM would have been nice but I'd probably have been enticed into behavior not becoming.

As a consequence I never seriously considered  the 1100 Tuono in spite of all it's good points as most people have said it's just the Rsv4 with straight bars and no bodywork.

I know that's not strictly true but spiritually not far off the mark I'd guess 

So would you actually track a new Tuono then?   Fair play if the answers yes Clap I could just about afford to buy one but I couldn't justify tracking one.

I'm a firm believer in the ' Don't track anything you couldn't afford to write off' mantra

Horses for courses in the end I suppose,we all want something slightly different.

Be interested to see where you go Beer

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 15:43
Just seen this posted on AF1 (has English subtitles)

Owen
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 16:43
Very interesting,and very believable as it seems to echo the 44t and others opinions

Notice they didn't address pricing or perceived value for money though

I've just watched the latest 44t testing the Streetfighter V4s against the Pani V4s and things are so close at that end of the market there's some overlap as the opinion was split between the bikes as when it comes to spending that sort of money other questions are asked

By the time you start considering spending £20K on a bike I'm long out of the discussion though unfortunately, the depreciation on £16k was too much for me 

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 16:59
New 1160 speed triple allegedly spotted being tested for next year 170 bhp ?????
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 17:15
LOL   Just what we need with pot holed 3rd world roads and ever lowering speed limits Confused 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 21:46
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 21:49
Congratulations. Looks a stunner Smile
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 21:55
Originally posted by Sparky46 Sparky46 wrote:

Congratulations. Looks a stunner Smile

Thank you thank you 

It is super impressive. Photos do not do it justice ! 

Fitted R&G titanium rad and oil cooler guards that already have that purple/blue sheen to them. 
R&G crash bungs 
R&G tail tidy (still to fit) 
Genuine Aprilia rear carbon hugger 
Akrapovic slip on and Akrapovic Carbon hanger 
RSV4 RF air filter kit 
Aprilia LED indicators 

Just back from being ceramic coated. 

Bonamici brake and clutch levers plus fuel cap still to arrive, along with tank pad and knee grip thingies 
May look at rear sets if I can’t find a tidy way to make it race shift. Aprilia wanted £600 for an arm only £

But very happy 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:03
That's what I like to hear, chucking the wallet at it already haha. Why not though, we are hear for a good time not a long time and riding bikes is one of the only things I can do that still feels normal.

I've never had anything ceramic coated before, is it a one time thing or does it get redone every so often?

£600 quid LOL sounds like they just plucked that figure out the sky 
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:07
I like the slightly understated colours. Much better than the shouty graphics Aprilia often use. 

Do those nasty reflectors on the front mudguard come off easy ? 
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:21
Originally posted by Sparky46 Sparky46 wrote:

That's what I like to hear, chucking the wallet at it already haha. Why not though, we are hear for a good time not a long time and riding bikes is one of the only things I can do that still feels normal.

I've never had anything ceramic coated before, is it a one time thing or does it get redone every so often?

£600 quid LOL sounds like they just plucked that figure out the sky 

The coating the guy used gives a five year covering. Normally on exotic motors. Very impressive 😁
www.apworkshops.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:24
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

I like the slightly understated colours. Much better than the shouty graphics Aprilia often use. 

Do those nasty reflectors on the front mudguard come off easy ? 

Yes it’s hard to explain but it’s even better when you’re next to it colour wise. 
And yes they come off easily. I asked if I could have one without them but all of them come with them fitted. 
I was thinking of removing them and finding some small rubber grommets to fill the holes or may just leave the holes if I can’t find what I’m looking for 
It’s a shame they are bolted as sponge sticky stuff would of come off easily and left a clean look 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:28
Landed! Looks awesome mate congratulations new bike day!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:32
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Landed! Looks awesome mate congratulations new bike day!

Thank you Adam 

The chap worked on it all night. Sent me a load of videos. Last one revived at 4am! 
I said he need not of sort all night on it but he explained it kept him out of trouble and it was his hobby after all! 

www.apworkshops.co.uk
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:34
Beautiful machine .
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:37
Very nice bike,how is it comfort wise compared to the gen2 Tuono?My mate has a 16 plate Tuono that I have ridden a fair bit on the road but find it doesn’t suit me as well as my gen2 big bore Tuono
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:50
Originally posted by snowman snowman wrote:

Beautiful machine .

Thank you it is stunning ☺️ 

Hoping AP day may go ahead 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 22:56
Originally posted by NickB NickB wrote:

Very nice bike,how is it comfort wise compared to the gen2 Tuono?My mate has a 16 plate Tuono that I have ridden a fair bit on the road but find it doesn’t suit me as well as my gen2 big bore Tuono

Compared to my RSVR, it is more comfy. But the discomfort there is in my shoulder so a Tuono should overcome that in whatever guise. I’m 6ft 1” and it’s about right for me. I’ve not had a Tuono or even a super naked as they now get badged so kinda hard for me to give an accurate comparison. 

Had to keep my Gen2 as just now I could face parting with it so I’ve got great options 

www.apworkshops.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 07:47
Stunning, no other word

At last Aprilia have dumped those horrible graphics that must have been created in a primary school competition - and the selection being the worst design! Now a simply stunning and classic colour-way like the early RSV's.

snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 08:02
Not nice weather here ☹️ today , time to admire that bike in the garage ? 
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 08:58

Not nice weather here ☹️ today , time to admire that bike in the garage ? 

Yeah certainly is mate

Got a tail tidy to fit I suppose though and some bonding 😋
www.apworkshops.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 09:03
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Stunning, no other word

At last Aprilia have dumped those horrible graphics that must have been created in a primary school competition - and the selection being the worst design! Now a simply stunning and classic colour-way like the early RSV's.

Thank you 

Yeah totally 2002 classic era RSVR colours with the mix of latest moto gp colours. 
I did like the other loud silver and red with APRILIA all the way down the side BUT it will look dated soon because of that imo. 

That comes from the guy who has a Red Lion (bar mitzvah edition) Gen2 however so what do I know about subtle £ 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 09:25
Hey! What’s wrong with the “Red Lion” well it is 11yr old now but I love mineLOL
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 09:55

Hey! What’s wrong with the “Red Lion” well it is 11yr old now but I love mineLOL

Indeed mate nothing wrong with them. They grab attention from outer space! 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 12:53
Shell suits rule LOL  Wink

Must be the first time in a generation that Aprilia have done 'subtle' and it's much better for it imho Thumbs Up

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic