rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > V4 Tuono > V4 Tuono.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tuono Factory 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tuono Factory 2020
    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 13:40
Hi all 

Been considering the latest Tuono Factory though colours are muted compared to last year 

Anyone had a crack on the electronic suspension yet? 

Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 14:21
My wife offered to buy me one a few years ago in the Chichester showroom, I said to her you don’t realise how fast my V2 Tuono is let alone this V4 bike !
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 14:31
What a wonderful wife you have bud. Lucky lucky man 

I keep reading how great the latest one is but of course they may well be loaded reviews. Certainly sound incredible, that’s a given, especially on the full akra system I’ve been offered with it. 

Plenty of reviews claiming it is the best road bike above the Ducati street fighter V4 and the KTM but have any of you ridden any of these latest offerings ? 
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 15:38
Yes mate she’s just paid for my overhaul kit for rear suspension linkages etc from Griff, the Tuono V 4 really needs the can at least changing , now seems strange about your deal because I got a full Akro in the deal on my 09 Tuono , think it’s down to personal choice between Aprilia and Ducati.... don’t think I could push my luck that far for both of them from my lady LOLLOL have you had a test ride.?

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 15:47
I’ve not had the test ride yet. I was going to this weekend but the weather has taken a turn for the worse. 

I’ve not had one bit of advice telling me not to get it. All Griff told me was if I’m not keeping a V2 I would miss elements of it. Mainly the chilling riding around part and not the head banging fast part. At the time I was moving one on to consider it but now I’m more into keeping both road bikes and flog one of the race bikes maybe just for space 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 15:48
44 teeth are going to be testing them both soon. I would take their review over mcn etc any day. 

I have watched quite a few comparison vids on them from various countries. From what I’ve seen they all pretty much come to the same conclusion. The Ducati Is quite a bit faster because it revs much higher ( Desmo top end ) in much the same way as the panni v4 does compared to the rsv4 but it’s more of a challenge to get the best out of it.  If you can it’s more of a sense of occasion to ride but if you can’t it’s more intimidating. In the real world they thought the Aprilia is the better buy simply because it’s cheaper and less focused for real world riding. 

My only caveat would be Aprilia support ( or lack of ) and that the Tuono and RSV4 are at the end of their development cycles so at some point in the not too distant future I suspect something will change. They were designing an rsv4 replacement as early as 2014 but it has never seen the light of day. That’s only really an issue if re sake value is a concern. 

blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 16:56
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

All Griff told me was if I’m not keeping a V2 I would miss elements of it. Mainly the chilling riding around part and not the head banging fast part. 

Don't see how. Doesn't the V4 make more torque at all revs than the V2? Seems to me it would do the chilling riding around part well. If not better, being a little smoother. 
Owen
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 17:03
I will agree the 44teeth stuff is among the ones I watched also

Thank you Colin for the advice. I didn’t know Aprilia were looking at its replacement though it makes sense. I’ve felt that KTM are doing similar with the super duke also and that bunging the v4 in the Ducati was a similar attempt to keep all the models fresh as can be 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 18:17
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

Don't see how. Doesn't the V4 make more torque at all revs than the V2? Seems to me it would do the chilling riding around part well. If not better, being a little smoother. 

I think it’s a reference to the fact modern big power sports bikes have so much power that getting to silly speeds is a bit too easy and encourage you to ride faster than you might otherwise choose to.  Especially 4 cylinder bikes as the big power is higher up. The rsv or similar power bikes like say a ktm duke doesn’t quite flick that race mode switch in most people like say an s1000r etc would even though they still pack enough punch to have plenty of fun. 

I don’t doubt that many big sports bikes are sold to people who rarely or never ride that way either because they can’t given the roads locally or they aren’t capable of using it’s ability but then you have to wonder if they are being honest with themselves, what the point was.  

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 18:23
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

I will agree the 44teeth stuff is among the ones I watched also

Thank you Colin for the advice. I didn’t know Aprilia were looking at its replacement though it makes sense. I’ve felt that KTM are doing similar with the super duke also and that bunging the v4 in the Ducati was a similar attempt to keep all the models fresh as can be 

Not sure about replacement so much as they have nothing similar in the wings to replace it as far as I know but alternatives might be a better word.  I don’t know that Aprilia have the will to make it euro 5 compliant which has to happen by jan 1st unless they get another extension.  Sub 1000cc territory is where sales and model ranges are heading generally.  

NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 19:04
I rode the Ducati v4s streetfighter a couple of weeks ago and I enjoyed it but on the road I honestly couldn’t say that,for me,it’s that much better than my gen2 Tuono with the big bore.Its a bit more comfortable in the seat department but apart from that I will stick with the Tuono.On the track it would probably be significantly better. I have also ridden a mates v4 Tuono (16 plate)and that doesn’t really work as well for me. I am interested in the new super duke and will book a ride on that ASAP,having ridden one in 2018 and loved it.All you can do is test ride and see what suits you best ,good luck with decision making 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 19:17
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

I think it’s a reference to the fact modern big power sports bikes have so much power that getting to silly speeds is a bit too easy and encourage you to ride faster than you might otherwise choose to.  Especially 4 cylinder bikes as the big power is higher up. The rsv or similar power bikes like say a ktm duke doesn’t quite flick that race mode switch in most people like say an s1000r etc would even though they still pack enough punch to have plenty of fun.

Ah right, yeah I get you. I think Aprilia had the same thought which led them to making the 660. An addictive top end probably isn't the best idea for the road.
Owen
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 21:22
Will be test riding one soon ✌🏻
www.apworkshops.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 14:40

I don’t doubt that many big sports bikes are sold to people who rarely or never ride that way either because they can’t given the roads locally or they aren’t capable of using it’s ability but then you have to wonder if they are being honest with themselves, what the point was.  

That's exactly where I find myself unfortunately,I was ready to just forget about bikes as I really don't get much if any enjoyment riding the roads these days, I also find myself having to be in the right frame of mind to get into a trackday.

The Super Duke R just tickled my interest as a bonkers road bike that just gives and gives at whatever speed you choose to ride it at,at least going by all the reviews and videos I've watched.

My ego says I should get one just because,and my head reminds me I said I'd never again buy a new bike and watch it lose 20% value as I rode it off the forecourt.  Ouch

Also I'm reminded that being the owner of new model can lead to all sorts of grief as they iron out any development bugs

As people have said the 44T guys are much more believable than that cheap advertising rag MCN
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 14:24
Ok so rest ride completed 

I’ve not ridden a new bike for sometime and all mine are no newer than 2008. I have borrowed the odd bike here and there but not in the Tuono style 

The thing is incredible however. I’ve never found riding a bike so easy and enjoyable in the two hours I spent with it. Grin factor off the scale. Comfy, effortless and fast if you wanted. The dash was a bit of a faff but once I’d worked out traction control and wheelie control I was pretty happy. Electronic suspension was amazing too. Bumps Id clench at the look of normally, where dealt with no issue whatsoever. 

Really impressed with it. Took an S1000r out also but didn’t come back with the same impressed opinion. May try the Speed triple the weekend too 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 15:03
I bet you'll pick the Tuono. Has to be the best bike of that type you'd think. In my opinion anyway. Don't think the Triumph will be in the same league as the Tuono or S1000r. Maybe more character than the BMW.
Owen
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 15:29
As mentioned Speed Triple should be renewed next year, wish I had kept my 52 plate 955i but there we all say this .
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 15:35
Come jan 1st and the v4’s will all have to be pre registered and probably sold at big discount unless they get another euro 5 extension ( had 1 year extension already). Many dealers are already knocking £2k off and I suspect prices will go lower. 

If you decide to go the v4 route push very hard on that basis or play a wait and see game. Losing £3 or £4k off your bikes value in 6 months wouldn’t be ideal. 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 15:40
Originally posted by snowman snowman wrote:

As mentioned Speed Triple should be renewed next year, wish I had kept my 52 plate 955i but there we all say this .

My mate's got a fairly immaculate Daytona 955i he bought from his dad who had it from new. Been very well looked after and stock apart from full system and something to do with the special ECUs they have. He's had two blown reg/rec and wants shot of it LOL Bought himself a new CBR600rr to replace it and much happier with that. Personally I don't think the pre-675 bikes are in the same league. Can put you in touch if you're interested.
Owen
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 16:04
Only like the stripped bikes , put pc3 on my 955i it went 
from 103 rw bhp to 114 and was as smooth as silk from 2500 rpm
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 16:32

I bet you'll pick the Tuono. Has to be the best bike of that type you'd think. In my opinion anyway. Don't think the Triumph will be in the same league as the Tuono or S1000r. Maybe more character than the BMW.

Know what you mean

Hard to see it eclipsing it 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 16:32

Come jan 1st and the v4’s will all have to be pre registered and probably sold at big discount unless they get another euro 5 extension ( had 1 year extension already). Many dealers are already knocking £2k off and I suspect prices will go lower. 

If you decide to go the v4 route push very hard on that basis or play a wait and see game. Losing £3 or £4k off your bikes value in 6 months wouldn’t be ideal. 

Super points as ever Spoonz and I’ve just sent an email to question it because of your helpful tips 
😁
www.apworkshops.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 17:05
Especially as you also effectively lose the 20% vat value as you ride away Ouch
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 17:37
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Especially as you also effectively lose the 20% vat value as you ride away Ouch

I think it’s probably near 25% now Ian 😳

But I can live with that as I’d be keeping for a long long time. Happy to swindle another couple of grand off the two grand discount already on offer for the reasons mentioned though if possible

We shall see and let you all know naturally 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 19:02
That's a deal breaker for me I'm afraid,been shafted on the last 3 new bikes I've bought when I came to trade them in Cry

Shame really as I've always wanted to screw a dealer on price and then just throw a credit card on the table and say 'I'll collect it tomorrow'.  

Actually I nearly did do that once,although that was actually a trade in and cash balance to them, and I ended having to drive 40 odd miles to do the paperwork and register it and they got their own back by not doing a proper PDI,as I had to completely check it over when I'd gotten it home with the headstock bearings loose as f*kc Ouch

Reluctantly I've decided enough's enough between that and being used as a guinea pig by being an early adopter for the aforesaid bikes. 

Although I guess 'early adopter' can't be applied to the Tuono as it's nearer the end of it's life than the beginning so they should be well sorted by now

Still I believe there are really good deals to be had if you look so you can probably get one over a dealer especially if they're desperate for sales,and the way things are going closure wise I expect quite a few of them are starting to get twitchy as the year rolls on and less people are buying for whatever reason.

Go get 'em

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:10
You don't hear many complaints about the latest generation of Tuono v4's. Everyone I have spoke to who's been on one always gave them a glowing report. Did you find that v4 still had plenty of low down grunt? After selling the Gen 2 Tuono I am looking at the possibility of stretching my budget a bit and getting a 2014 v4 as these can be had for decent money at the moment. Would love one of the latest 1100 models but canny justify it.....or afford it with having the 1198 aswell
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 11:19
All I hear is also fantastic things. When the V4 first came out I test rode one snd it was fantastic but ridden back to back with my Gen2 i just couldn't justify it as it wasn't 8 grand better than my beloved factory. I haven't ridden a more modern version at that time the one i tested wasn't much newer than what I already had however things have moved on a LOT in the last 10years I felt that when I recently rode a 1290 KTM so I think the latest T would be pretty epic to ride. Lots of guys over on the triumph forum are crossing over to the Touno and can't rate them highly enough. Convinced yet James had enough sleepsLOL

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 19:15
Some good advice as always here thank you all for participating. 

Ref V4 grunt. If I was pushed I think my V2 felt a little bit gruntier at very low revs but that as much the noise and vibration. Certainly after 4K the V4 was definitely moving along and sounding like a gp bike. Over a standard V2 it is definitely gruntier across the lot but against a Heavy modded or big bore like mine the low end was similar but not superior in the seat of the pants if compared to my modded bike.

The way it handled on the electronic suspension however and all it’s electrical gizmos made it so easy to ride you wanted to do just that, ride, and a lot of it. 

As you say Adam, a lot has changed in 10years and whilst I’ve not ridden the early one, I would hazard a guess that it’s moved on and then some. As Spoonz says it’s near the end of its sales life, as well as, Ian’s mention it would have heavy depreciation at the start. It is also the most sorted of the V4’s really and after 2017 they seem reliable compared to the early conrod or valve recession models which is , again in line with Ian’s 2009 Tuono being the most sorted Gen2 model as all its quibbles and stator issues were finally put to bed as an example. 

Had a few sleeps on it and now Ad and working out Zoe’s bike plans as I would then have two maybe three Gen2’s to sell as I’d need the space! 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 21:39
I think it's all relevant to what you want to use it for and I know you absolutely love the Gen2 like me and you're lucky to have one ( or 3LOL) but the movement in technology can't be ignored. Too much choice out there and they are all just so bloody good. Tough decision mate.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
arran View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 06:50

Originally posted by snowman snowman wrote:

My mate's got a fairly immaculate Daytona 955i he bought from his dad who had it from new. Been very well looked after and stock apart from full system and something to do with the special ECUs they have. He's had two blown reg/rec and wants shot of it LOL Bought himself a new CBR600rr to replace it and much happier with that. Personally I don't think the pre-675 bikes are in the same league. Can put you in touch if you're interested.
Loved my 955i daytona. Apart from being so heavy it was fantastic. 140 odd bhp. Always been tempted to get another one...... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic