rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV4 > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Noobie eh?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Noobie eh?
    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:51
Been away a long while but have rejoined the fold with a RSV4 for trackdays 

Being an old bastard, time moving quicker and sat having a birthday through lockdown
i decided my next track bike would probably be my last, so wanted a bucket list bike Big smile

A 2015 RF arrived a few weeks ago, suspension has been set up as best i could for a fat 
bloke and we are booked in at Cadwell Park this friday 5th June 

Never had a bike with an electronics package so i guess we're going to have an interesting
time over the next few months Wink
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 12:24
Nice Thumbs Up What was the last bike you had on track? RSV2? 
Owen
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 12:38
After my Mille that i loved dearly i had a gixxer 1000 k8, then a 749r with a 1098 engine
fitted (which i still have) now the new beasty

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 13:20
That looks really good with the odd wheels and I like the long system on it, not a big fan of the stubby cans.
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 13:44
No not a big fan of stubbys either and if you want to do track days then you need a decent slencer, lucky Cadwell is my local track but would really like to get back to Oulton and Snetterton. Pretty certain i'll not be doing any euro ones this year 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 14:05
Yeah, definitely a good looking bike. Shame about the virus this year as it'll probably really come into it's own in Spain. Not that it's not going to be a lot of fun at Cadwell.
Owen
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 14:07
Only managed 2 sessions in the dry (wasn't interested in taking a new bike out in wet) WOW

Sweet handling am truly shocked how good it was, i've now fitted new fork springs as they 
were bottoming out this was not due to the demon braking of the rider just the fact that he
is a bit porky.

Looking forward to next track day Cadwell 2nd July 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 14:16
You reckon it's one of the best handling bikes you've had then? 

I'm happy with the power of my Mille but you have to admit they've done a lot of development into the chassis for the RSV4. Like another 10mm trail I think. Linear shock linkage too. Plus I keep seeing these printouts appearing from time to time on AF1 showing Aprilia's base superstock settings. That kind of information isn't available for the V2s that I know of. Then you've got the adjustable swingarm pivot etc.. It's one of the things I like about Aprilia, every sportbike has a bit of a GP feel to it.
Owen
Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 12:57
Definitely the best handling bike i've ridden, just starting to get used to it but right from the first lap i felt comfortable. Adjustments being made for err my weight again! Learning to ride the V4 getting better especially having never had an electronics package.

Anti wheelie???

Big smile

Kev 44 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev 44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 13:19
PS 99db tested at Cadwell twice now so confident for other MSV tracks, Snetterton booked 13th August

Why do i look like a hippo on a mini moto as one of my mates said?

These bikes are so small .................honestly 
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 15:30
Looks a great day! 

Hippo 🤣 

Look good on it mate and it looks super mint. Rode the latest Tuono and it made me smile like mad and made biking pure fun again for me n the two hours I spent with it. 
Track riding is so much fun and you need anti flight for the mountain at Cadwell ✈ï¸ðŸ›«
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 15:41
Great photos and I agree they are small bikes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic