rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ap workshop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 09:58
No slow down as a warning with a lithium though, just a dead stop. Big smile   Sorry if that was in bad taste Embarrassed
Rich Simpson View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:01
No, it was funny!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:10
Keep the heart and virus things Cumming !

See what I Dom (did) there? Wink

As I sit here here back at home and reflect on the past week lots of things just seem irrelevant

Top of my sh*t list atm is the media feeding frenzy surrounding DC.  FFS he's not even a politico,some people are still trying to play the Brexit game

Top of the list is my admiration for Nurses and health workers who are doing an absolutely amazing job under difficult conditions for effectively F*kc all

I think it would be nice if those professions were rewarded post apocalypse by say not paying income tax for a year or similar period as a way of repaying them for their sacrifices

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:13
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

No slow down as a warning with a lithium though, just a dead stop. Big smile   Sorry if that was in bad taste Embarrassed

Thinking back it was only 2 days ago I had my jump leads removed Ouch

Fortunately they weren't needed and did pull out of my chest/heart easily

Amazing the things you never thought you'd hear yourself say
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Rich Simpson View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:17
Well the Government has said it is going to relent on making those who come to the UK to work for the NHS pay for using the NHS. 
But I suspect the only reward is going to be a round of applause.
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 14:53
My wife is aussie and she's been paying the NHS fee for the past 5 years. While working for the NHS. She's just got her ILR permanent visa which I think means no more paying the NHS fee.

It's been an eye opening experience for me the whole thing. Was like £1,200 for her to enter the country for us to marry. Then another £1,200 2 weeks later once we were married for her to stay as my wife. Then £1,500 2.5 years after that to give her another 2.5 years. Finally it was £2,500 to get this final visa. Will be more again when we come to making her a full citizen. Plus £150 or something in admin fees each time.

She's already passed a Living in the UK test that most brits wouldn't pass, myself included. She's been paying the £450 odd a year for the NHS. She's been paying tax and NI contributions although she's not entitled (or might be now) to any social security. Basically paying into our pension pots without getting any herself. Look at that and outside of paying tax with no reward, it's cost us just under £9k for the 5 years she's been here. About £1,800 per year overall. Certainly makes me see immigrants to the UK in a different light. It's not easy. I lived in Turkey for a few years and that was only a couple hundred a year from memory.
Owen
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 23:11
Originally posted by twinfan twinfan wrote:

If this track day goes ok then i would be up for and oldies track day!
Remember try not to sneeze, cough, or laugh (it will hurt) the hard part when you get out, is lifting a kettle as you have to do it at arms length keep the weight you are lifting close to your body, I could lift weight (shopping bags) straight arms, I got all my bikes out of the back of the garage yesterday track bike (R6) had a lithium battery charged for about 30mins started first time (probably not run for 18 months) I had forgotten how heavy my Honda SP1 is,  last run to le-mans motoGP 2018 normal battery charged all day, managed to turn one cycle no chance of any more looks like another lithium will be needed.   Enjoy the rest Paul
Hi Paul, looks like we won't make Almeria this year, fancy coming in April next year. I hope you are all healed up now and back to normal mate. I will drop you an email in the next few days. 
All the best Rich 👍 
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 07:46
Hi Rich I haven't given up hope (yet) of getting to Almeria in October, But wont be able to do April next year as I will be on a 3 month holiday from Feb, look forward to your PM cheers paul
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 21:26
took the mille to AP workshops today for a set up, spot on from start to finish. they found that my chip wasnt adjustable on the trim screws so they banged a new one in and went to work. didnt take them 2 hours to set the bike up whilst allowing me to watch and explaining stuff to me, then sent me for a road test and my god what a beast. it hasnt ran like that since i got it in 2018. you could hear the engine note change instantly to a purrrr when they had hit the sweet spot. turns out they don't run like tractors when its rite.
less than 2 hours to change my chip , set her up, give me good advise and info, make me feel comfortable ,sort out the 2 one way valves back to one 'standard' give me a free tank stand just because they are sound as f**k and I didn't even know they had them. and send me on my way happy. and an ice lolly on the house.

got those redrat tank pins too.

all in £144 bangers. cheaper than a rear tyre!!!!

thank you AP.

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 21:36
You're so right Pete, don't they just run so much sweeter when properly set up? I bought mine new (Yes really!), it took me twelve years or so to find Griff and once he did his magic it was better than it had ever been.

Just a thought, is that still the original sidestand? You need one of the US spec ones mate!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 21:37
Yup,you've been Griffed LOL

Once you take your bike to AP you find you won't ever let anyone else get a spanner near it

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 22:02
Yes runs realy smooth. Shame they cant do anything about my body after the motorwayLOLLOL  not designed to be sat in the same position for too long.

Ye I still have standard sidestand and yes that's next on my list.  You can see in the pics I have a different rear tyre on , its because i got a puncture and the side stand was useless with a flat . I had to push it to find a sunken drain so it would stay up. So sidestand is next I think.  Thank God for that drain LOL.

I've been Griffed.  Ah menBig smile.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 22:45
Can’t beat the service, biggest difference I found when he did mine was the slow speed manners it gained round slow islands etc, way smoother and manageable.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 22:53
Agreed, low speed running is massively improved and will pull smoothly from as low as two and a half without jumping all over the place as it did prior.
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 07:26
I was toying with the idea of the modded exhaust pipe until I saw a set hanging on the wall in the office . Turns out the gen 2 pipes will go on my gen 1.OMG they are gorgeous I'm defo getting then. I'll need another chip aswell to match them.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 09:36
Must pay them a visit soon !
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:53
Originally posted by Pete 86 Pete 86 wrote:

sort out the 2 one way valves back to one 'standard'

Why did you do this? Asking because I've got the valve etc. to add a valve per throttle body to mine.

Also, what's the ride height set to on the shock? Or does it have a lowering kit on it? Looks really low, but could just be the picture. Or also the fact my bike's rarely left the paddock stand since last September ha.
Owen
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:31

I was toying with the idea of the modded exhaust pipe until I saw a set hanging on the wall in the office . Turns out the gen 2 pipes will go on my gen 1.OMG they are gorgeous I'm defo getting then. I'll need another chip aswell to match them.

Has yours got four bolt flanges on the heads as in Gen2 heads fitted? 
Or were you meaning for fitting the Gen2 R/H can on a link pipe? I’ve a Gen2 system and numerous cans I can measure etc for you if it’s a route you’re going down. There is a few Gen1’s about with Falco twin systems that bolt straight on though system pipes appear skinny and a few with the R/H can cored out to run on the link pipe too if you like a more subtle look. 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 18:46
Ok ill start with blacklines one way valves.

So when i got the bike it had 2 on it and one was broken inside so changed them both because they were also 2 different spurious types. (Thought it was standard)

My clutch assist/slipper clutch started working so i thought 'sweet'.
Only to find on road test my clutch was slipping at 8.5k revs.
So i spoke to ap on the phone and they said it should only have one valve on the right side.  So me in my wisdom took the left off and plugged it to try stop the slip but it was still there.  
Ap explained to me yesterday that the pipe on the left is a vent off & goes to TB without a valve to allow the vac on the clutch to de -pressure back to the airbox when the valve on the right is closed. So you don't have constant vac on the clutch.  So he pulled the valve off the left and put the pipe straight to the TB.

So i think it was Griff who fixed my bike anyway when i tested it it was sorted no slip now because the vac is bleeding to the airbox.  He explained it like an exhaust for the vac line. 

I'm not sure on ride hight  all standard no lower kit! at the mo as i soften and stiffen it quite often because i commute and blast the A roads on it.  It's set to standard comp and rebound at the min for the work run and I keep the pre load the same which I like quite stiff on the back. So i should really know the ride height shouldnt iUnhappy i work off feel and its perfect for my riding style .Must be the angle .

I hope this makes sense.

Wigginsjp.
I have gen1 pipes the 3 bolt cylindrical manifold. Single exit pipe.
The modded collector with 2 - 90' mods will go in mine with a single exit pipe I just need new chip.
I want to stick with single exit I prefer the look.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 18:51
Cool 

I misunderstood your intentions when I read the post Pete thinking you wanted to fit a Gen2 system 👍🏻
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 18:56
Thumbs Up
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 22:19

Ok ill start with blacklines one way valves.

So when i got the bike it had 2 on it and one was broken inside so changed them both because they were also 2 different spurious types. (Thought it was standard)

My clutch assist/slipper clutch started working so i thought 'sweet'.
Only to find on road test my clutch was slipping at 8.5k revs.
So i spoke to ap on the phone and they said it should only have one valve on the right side.  So me in my wisdom took the left off and plugged it to try stop the slip but it was still there.  
Ap explained to me yesterday that the pipe on the left is a vent off & goes to TB without a valve to allow the vac on the clutch to de -pressure back to the airbox when the valve on the right is closed. So you don't have constant vac on the clutch.  So he pulled the valve off the left and put the pipe straight to the TB.

So i think it was Griff who fixed my bike anyway when i tested it it was sorted no slip now because the vac is bleeding to the airbox.  He explained it like an exhaust for the vac line. 

Ah right, thanks for explaining. Got the idea from something Gabro said he did to his race bikes to reduce engine braking. Completely confuses me ha. By right and left you mean front and rear TB? Sitting on right hand side of the bike?
Owen
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 07:47
 Oh no sorry blacklines.  The pipes I'm on about both go to the rear TB.  One on the right as you sit on it has the one way valve and the left side goes to the brass pipe next to the TPS sensor without a valve.

Your guy might be talking about something other.

If you want to reduce engine brake I found a mechanical mod that did that straight away.

I put a 44 rear sprocket on it and noticed it straight away.
Wasn't massive reduction but it defiantly reduced it.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 14:09
Ah right yeah that definitely sounds wrong then. The thing Gabro did was just connect another check valve to the front TB so you have the vacuum from both on the clutch diaphram.

Yeah definitely, gearing really helps these bikes. 17-42 is far too long. I put a 15 on the front (leaving 42 on the rear) which is similar to having 16-44. When I replace the chain and that I'll go 15-44 I think. And go back to 15-42 for euros. Does reduce the feeling of engine braking though doesn't it.
Owen
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 16:45
Yes it dose mate 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic