rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New owner ,well had it a few month really.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New owner ,well had it a few month really.
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 14:31
Hello all ..
A little bit about me .Had blades ,r1s.zx12 r,zx12,zxr 400,Vfr 400,
Gsxr 1000s and the rest .Been riding since 96.

I had to buy a new place so money was tight after selling my bikes so needed something cheap and cheerfull for my bike fix .

I stumbled across a 2002 Rsv Mille in grey for cheap money..
1600 quid to be exact .

Anyway I went through the bike and it needed front brake light switch and oil pressure switch which I’ve changed myself but the rest of the bike was fine..

So I’ve had it out a few times and I can honestly say I’ve fallen in love with the old girl..I simply love it ,it’s not the quickest but in the bends and sweepers it’s just got something I don’t know what it is but I just get it..

Just thought I’d share this

Just give it a full service and about start on the mods .its already got a pc and K and n on it.16 -44 sprockets as well 

Will be doing griffs wiring upgrade and doing collector box mod shortly.Just thought I’d share Cos I already love the old thing it’s solid as a rock
Carl w View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 14:37
Also I’ve been using griffs shop for bits and advice.Its like I’ve stumbled on a secret sect ,friendly and tonnes of advice safe to say I’ve fell for the vtwin.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 14:39
Something about V twins , and as you say they do love being pushed into bends etc! Oh Big Welcome too . Griff is always there for you on the end of the phone.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 14:50
Sounds like a bargain that welcome to the ape houseBig smile
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Carl w View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 14:56
Thanks lads another thing I had a Nero black gen 1 years ago when they first came out and never got on with it.

Don’t know if it’s my riding that’s come on with several trackdays and years of road riding but this time round it’s like me and the old thing are made for each other.weird but the things just gelled with me.I feel special when I’m riding it.

Belting bike for the money ,I won’t be flirting it I’ll just keep it and have it for track days ,Sunday blasts etc .Made up with it.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 17:51
Hi Carl 

Bike sound great and this is an amazing forum full of the best advice and members 
Your mission is now how to crack posting pictures of the bike, garden, moss and dandelions on an unkept driveway. Oh and if you can get the picture the correct way up that would be mega! 

Enjoy 😃
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 17:58
Hi mate...don't forget to check your linkage bearings Wink
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 18:00
welcome  looks like you have sussed out the best mods to do first they will transform the ol girl
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 19:06
Dont forget the side stand mod, us version best fireblade version will do
And welcome in
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
Carl w View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:13
Already been done mate she leans over further than new mate😄
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 23:58
Welcome, you will just fall deeper and deeper...........
In love.....
It is a slippery slope, and she is a real Italian mistress....

Best forum by far here.

Shake'n bake
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 08:15
Superbikes best kept secret the old mille.

Proably the most overlooked superbike out there.

Until you ride it.Heart
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 09:25
Proably the most overlooked superbike out there

This is true.
Shake'n bake
Carl w View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:35
Thanks guys ..Smitten to say the least and she’s put a smile back in the lid that’s been missing for a while.

Agree,nothing but help and great advice on here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic