rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Ride Outs / Meets
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lincs Italian Motorcycle Festival Sat 15th August
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lincs Italian Motorcycle Festival Sat 15th August

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lincs Italian Motorcycle Festival Sat 15th August
    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 20:13
Ask and ye shall be told!

Cheers Chris. It must still be a difficult procedure, as I said above, when needs must.
Chris Jessop View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Jessop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 20:09
Brian, the owner of the XBRR, doesn't have the use of his right arm. The bike has been adapted so he can ride it on track demos etc. 

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 19:57
When needs must, you make it work I suppose. I saw a band a few years ago where the lead guitarist only had one arm and my god he was amazing!
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 19:31
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Lots of old Brit bikes had LH throttles - and Indians of course.

Yeah, I noticed the standard rear brake pedal but assumed the rear brake had both methods of operation How on earth can you operate the front brake and clutch - and throttle - all on one bar? With a quickshifter you might have a chance on a race bike but it doesn't have one.

Have seen the classic stuff and some had shift pedals opposite side whereas the Buell there seems to just want to mess with my head. 
Jeremy McWilliams raced it so unless it’s been adapted for someone else I’d agree it’s a challenge to ride on top of concentration required for what you’re up to. 
I was overtaken but a one armed chap (still has his left) at Snetterton once and I ran wide because firstly I was shocked as he was backing it in and Secondly I was just thinking how is he doing that, it’s never gonna stick, what a legend! Left me for dust and I just pondered how amazing his skills were as he looked on a Sunday bimble. 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 15:33
Lots of old Brit bikes had LH throttles - and Indians of course.

Yeah, I noticed the standard rear brake pedal but assumed the rear brake had both methods of operation How on earth can you operate the front brake and clutch - and throttle - all on one bar? With a quickshifter you might have a chance on a race bike but it doesn't have one.

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 11:21
Looks like it still has a traditional rear brake and its the front brake and clutch lever on left bar, clutch in top brake below

It’s like whacky races trying to make it difficult in your head to start with. I know some bikes had left hand throttles and can’t recall what or why bar disability or injury. Quirky if not. 

Lot of effort gone into that I will agree 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 08:49
The XBRR is cool, left hand throttle and what's the story on the missing front brake lever (I presume the extra lever on the LH bar is for the rear brake?

Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Jessop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 06:04

Event report, videos and pictures are now up on our website: https://www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk/446571990 +  https://www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk/446861222

Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Jessop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 05:43
The deadline for e-tickets is 8.00am Friday 14th August.
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Jessop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 06:15
On Sunday evening (5th July) we received permission from the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (LAHC) to go ahead with this event on Saturday 15th August.

We will have to do online ticketing through our website rather than have riders pay cash on the gate as we usually do. Numbers will be limited due to Covid-19 restrictions. It will take us a few days to set up the online ticketing.

Link for tickets: https://www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk/446571990
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 21:35
I'd love to come, let's hope we've got a strategy that let's us get out and about by then. All the best with the event and I hope  you raise plenty of money.
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Jessop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 11:47
Edit 28th April, event was 20th June, now rescheduled for 15th August.

We would like to invite Aprilia enthusiasts to the Lincolnshire Italian Motorcycle Festival on Saturday 15th August 2020. It will be the 17th edition of what has become one of the largest annual gatherings of Italian motorcycles in the UK.  

The event takes place at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (LAHC), East Kirkby. Their website: https://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/events/Special-Events/uk-buell-and-italian-motorcycle-meet.htm

Admission charge is £9.00 per adult for those arriving on two-wheels. The event raises money for the Papworth Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Unit.

Following the growing success of this event, LAHC have asked us to hold it on a day that doesn’t clash with any of their other events. For 2020 we have the entire Aviation Centre at our disposal.

There will also be a selection of Italian and Buell racing motorcycles on display and some of them will take part in the engine run-up between 12.30pm and 1.45pm. There’s no noise limit at this event!

All makes of motorcycle are welcome to attend.

Additional event details to be announced in due course.

Chris and Jane Jessop.

Moto Guzzi Club GB
Italian Motorcycle Owners Club
UK Buell Enthusiasts Group
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic