rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia Factory Donington trackday 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aprilia Factory Donington trackday 2020
    Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 18:24
Hello fella's. 
Just a little reminder about this years trackday organised by Liam of The Aprilia Factory,  still plenty of spaces in all 3 groups up for grabs, its £185(which is significantly cheaper than the general public are able to book it for).... it's on the GP circuit and is a noisy day again, so no noise limits to worry about at all....these are a really great day and well worth splashing out on so if you fancy a treat, get booking up by phoning No Limits and saying you're booking up for the Aprilia Factory day πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 01:42
Kwacka's allowed hehehe LOL? Maybe this year, still not done Donny but even on a discount it's an expensive trackday compared with others. I think Rich payed 500 for 4 days at almeria including bike shipping etc. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 09:44
Yeah, trackdays are getting dearer and dearer, I have to say though that for a july day on the gp circuit, and a no noise limit day to boot, its worth the money and it really is a great circuit for riding. 
The euro trips are undoubtedly great value mind you but for me it's the extra time off with no wages that makes them even more expensive, I will definitely treat myself to one at some point though...and yeah, I'm sure you could sneak a cheeky Kwacka in mateπŸ˜‰
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 06:17
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Kwacka's allowed hehehe LOL? Maybe this year, still not done Donny but even on a discount it's an expensive trackday compared with others. I think Rich payed 500 for 4 days at almeria including bike shipping etc. 
Hi Adam, I hope you are keeping well, it was 549 quid for 6 days, but won't be going anywhere now with this Virus situation.
So depending on the situation at the time, I may go to Donny. 
I don't want to travel but next week I am booked at Seton in
 Colchester for the R1 to be flashed again and get four race maps on it, mainly for the throttle opening from shut and the OAP maps . I will see what he can do for me, generation 7 will be too much with over 200 at the back wheel and 40% less traction than it's lowest present setting. We will 
I should get my sister's garage back to myself and then back on with the Aprilia factory. It has been standing for two years now and I feel guilty, I did intend to give it a rest but not that much. 
The poor thing thinks it is in isolation itself πŸ˜‚. 
I supposed to be going to Almeria on the 29th of April, but I even if they run it I not going, it is too much of a risk to me. 
I can't see it though, everything has slowed down understandably, also priorities have changed looking after the older members  of your family in this crisis. Between that and the sport all being cancelled or postponed, I will be able to lock myself in the garage with the two bikes and finish them off. 
Everything like I said has slowed down as people and companies try to cope with this devastation. 
I will never leave the Aprilia with no stabiliser in the fuel again for this length of time again, it will be 2 years in July. 
We are all supposed to be going in October to Almeria but as you know nothing is certain at the moment, come with us then. 
I wouldn't worry about taking the Kwak up to Donny, it was a good laugh last time. Paul from here came to watch which was very kind of him, Cheesy was there too. Plus spiceweasel I think on the Falco, I remember me and him over cooking the braking at the end iff the back straight πŸ˜‚. 
But sorting the Superstock out wasn't as easy as I thought, had the slipper out five times. But I think I have got the measurements or tolerances to. 02mm.
Back brake caliper to go on the Factory, just need all the sister's boyfriends carp out of it. Then that will be my isolation in that Garage 😊.  A bit of eye candy to cheer you up the new exhaust and the caliper for the factory 

spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:02
Oh yes, I'm glad there was run off I did panic a bit πŸ˜‚., very good fun though 
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 11:23
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚, I didn't know whose tyres were making the most noise. Saying that you done something that I will remember for next time and that was  what I should have done and that was join the track past the corner, way safer as I nearly got T boned as another bike had over cooked it, couldn't get that clutch out fast enough 🀣.
Everything is cancelled now so I am putting treads back on and the get the Aprilia finished. 
Fancy coming to Almeria in October? That really depends on how Spain and we are with this virus by then.
But it is cheap and sunny, quite hot really. 
40 on track in a group, a lot better and safer πŸ‘
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 20:16
Please. Please. Please.
Paddedcell .tell me this idnt cancelled? 

Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 21:57
Originally posted by Pete 86 Pete 86 wrote:

Please. Please. Please.
Paddedcell .tell me this idnt cancelled? 

Seriously, people are dying and you're worried about a track day???????
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 08:24
Im diong my bit mate calm down.

Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 08:26
doing
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:47
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Hi Adam, I hope you are keeping well, it was 549 quid for 6 days, but won't be going anywhere now with this Virus situation.
So depending on the situation at the time, I may go to Donny. 
I don't want to travel but next week I am booked at Seton in
 Colchester for the R1 to be flashed again and get four race maps on it, mainly for the throttle opening from shut and the OAP maps . I will see what he can do for me, generation 7 will be too much with over 200 at the back wheel and 40% less traction than it's lowest present setting. We will 
I should get my sister's garage back to myself and then back on with the Aprilia factory. It has been standing for two years now and I feel guilty, I did intend to give it a rest but not that much. 
The poor thing thinks it is in isolation itself πŸ˜‚. 
I supposed to be going to Almeria on the 29th of April, but I even if they run it I not going, it is too much of a risk to me. 
I can't see it though, everything has slowed down understandably, also priorities have changed looking after the older members  of your family in this crisis. Between that and the sport all being cancelled or postponed, I will be able to lock myself in the garage with the two bikes and finish them off. 
Everything like I said has slowed down as people and companies try to cope with this devastation. 
I will never leave the Aprilia with no stabiliser in the fuel again for this length of time again, it will be 2 years in July. 
We are all supposed to be going in October to Almeria but as you know nothing is certain at the moment, come with us then. 
I wouldn't worry about taking the Kwak up to Donny, it was a good laugh last time. Paul from here came to watch which was very kind of him, Cheesy was there too. Plus spiceweasel I think on the Falco, I remember me and him over cooking the braking at the end iff the back straight πŸ˜‚. 
But sorting the Superstock out wasn't as easy as I thought, had the slipper out five times. But I think I have got the measurements or tolerances to. 02mm.
Back brake caliper to go on the Factory, just need all the sister's boyfriends carp out of it. Then that will be my isolation in that Garage 😊.  A bit of eye candy to cheer you up the new exhaust and the caliper for the factory 

Morning Rich hopefully you are well. Yeah real kick in the teeth this year everything has gone crazy! I've had to sell loads of stuff to keep my head above water now I can't work like many self employed people so trackdays are forgotten about as is the first family holiday abroad but that's nothing compared with people losing their life! 

I think lots of us are going to have a very clean bike sat in the garage!

I actually got a fantastic new job a few days before lockdown but its been put on hold hopefully it will still happen and if it does I'll have a decent salary and holiday pay so you won't be able to get rid of me on the euro days!!!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:50
P.s dog bike's looking sweet, I had the Daytona re valved at MTC just before all this kicked off and saw darrens replacement.  .....bloody hell that's some kit and the workshop is pretty awesome too.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 15:24
Sorry bud,yeah, all trackdays and racing is cancelled for the foreseeable unfortunately ☹... if you speak to no limits theyll either give you a refund or a credit for when things start up again. 
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 15:43
Thumbs Up
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 00:03
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Sorry bud,yeah, all trackdays and racing is cancelled for the foreseeable unfortunately ☹... if you speak to no limits theyll either give you a refund or a credit for when things start up again. 
Hi Adam, sorry for my late reply. Yes mate it is a real shame but this thing is bigger than everything. Glad you got the bike sorted at MCT. He's a talented guy, when I got the bike back from him it was really hard to tip it in, I phoned him and asked about it and he asked me whether I had put the 200 tyre in which I hadn't, he said put it in and see. It was unbelievable with the 200 and the OZ wheels. I just wish I was closer to MCT like you πŸ˜‚.
I was going to arrange a few of us from the forum to meet, but that won't happen till later on this year, if we are lucky. 
It would be nice for few or anyone who would like to come and meet and have laugh. Shame about the start of the new job but at least you have something to look forward to. 
The R1 was supposed to get a generation 7 flash at Seton but I had to cancel it. 207hp with 40% less traction control, wheelie and slide adjusted and four maps, something to look forward to, he said it is very lively in 1πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, you don't say. But I need that throttle sorted, I didn't really want any more power but it comes as part of the package. I should get my PS1 leathers soon. Like all of us, our plans will have to be on hold for a while.
See if you can make to Spain with us sometime, you will love it, but that is a distant dream atm. Look after yourself and best wishes to you and your family πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 11:32
Cheers mate much appreciated yeah I hope it still comes off so I'll have weekends and holiday pay so no excuses not to catch up. 

Pure tinkering and cleaning all we can do 200bhp plus doesn't count for much on a paddock stand . My garage is like a through the years supersport museum . Classic early 90s kwacka, k1 gixer noughties and the Daytona of more modern vintage. Nice to look at but would do anything to ride them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic