rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norton.. Is this the end ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norton.. Is this the end ??
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 16:51
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 17:34
I hope it’s the end of him as anything to do with the industry. It all stinks of fraud from the money that started the company to the money it made from government etc. 
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 18:12
Yip .. fish rots from the head so they say...
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 20:41
Complete and utter fraudster, I hope he does time for what he has done with the pensions.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 15:59
Utter madness.

MCN have a lot to answer for, knowing about it and keeping a lid on it, whilst publishing only positive stuff for Norton.

I also feel that as the Govt/polititions have had a hand in glorifying the brand -they should be dipping their hand into their magic money tree and refunding Nortons customers who've lost out Unhappy

The pensions etc, just sickening.
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 20:04
Been following this story and it's disgusting! Beginning to think our government is as corrupt as the w**ker robbing the honest customers . The whole thing stinks!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 21:24
Stopped reading(monks can't nominate) 3+ years ago due to the byast sh*te they say,it's like u pay me a tenner I'll say it's good,there's no "real world "  talk anymore  unless you have  £14k+,...how's about a paper that could  do reviews about bikes that Joe can afford!!!....sorry about the rant,hopefully another Brit firm doesn't Die.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 22:08
Originally posted by spiceweasel spiceweasel wrote:

Stopped reading(monks can't nominate) 3+ years ago due to the byast sh*te they say,it's like u pay me a tenner I'll say it's good,there's no "real world "  talk anymore  unless you have  £14k+,...how's about a paper that could  do reviews about bikes that Joe can afford!!!....sorry about the rant,hopefully another Brit firm doesn't Die.

Absolutely, I agree.

It is just a weekly advert for any bike they test. Lend us your bikes so we can publish in your favour and keep ourselves employed.

IanG used to call it More Crap and Nonsense. Not far off the mark.

Amazing how Adam Childs et al, are trying to distance themselves now.

I've been following the Twitter feed "Notnorton" for the last 3 weeks. I don't have an account.

http://twitter.com/Notnorton_Moto?fbclid=IwAR1PN4ZtG9gspv-3tF1-ybwlFzJvR31EIv3d3YHR962XUNOOa6Zt78Ybk2M

Apparently they are some of the lads that worked at Norton and been trying to get some of the truth out anonymously.

And of course Brian Chrighton Racing on FB, he's got some stories to tell about Garner from the inside. Plus many others connected to the above, really telling it like it is. Been known about for years so they say.

Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 22:13
Also I noticed in the village shop, for the last 2 weeks, surprise surprise, Garner gives them (MCN) an exclusive, the only people he'd talk to. Talk about complicit. I couldn't resist a quick thumb through.
Apparently Stuart is a victim in all this......
Question everything.
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 10:54
Yes I read that too Rick.  Made him out to be innocent and a victim. Noticed in the classified ads in back a v4 ss for sale at £56k I think it was Sleepy
born ugly what's your excuse!!
Roger Ramjet View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Ramjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 12:09
Thank you for posting - the Not Norton link is a real eye opener. Casey Stoner once used the term 'ambition outweighing ability' - an absolute understatement for Norton. Sad ending of a classic marque. DeLorean springs to mind.........
WallyB View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WallyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 22:49
All this is very similar to when Rover cars went down, lots of government money and a bunch of rogues that appeared to help themselves to everything without a care for anybody else.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:19
Question everything.
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 16:31
How the f**k was he able to keep up so long?

Motorcycle mags, all the inside people must have known there’s something wrong. And McPint plus others signing to ride their bikes on the TT-course???
Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & Beta 480 RR MY19
My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 16:50
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Published today,  the start of the story in 2008 with Garner destroying Spondon.

http://www.superbike.co.uk/article/norton-was-it-a-fraud-from-the-start?fbclid=IwAR0X5XnOEq_qB0Et8U1IOkfCYhSVYGeanYXhX9G7sonnQHnAPYGZA1KoQqQ

mmm.........

If my business partner had fraudulently signed me up to a £1.2M loan by forging my signature, I wouldn't have been silent for so long!  Let's see what comes out in the wash but I think there is more to at least that part of the story than Stuart Tiller is telling.
Roger Ramjet View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Ramjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 21:11
Fact is a lot stranger than fiction. Trying to work out why the annual accounts didn't pick anything up sooner. If a new mototcycle dealer turns up in Peckham I'm staying well clear......
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 21:50
Originally posted by Roger Ramjet Roger Ramjet wrote:

Fact is a lot stranger than fiction. Trying to work out why the annual accounts didn't pick anything up sooner.

Because, as Stuart Tiller said, Norton were filing under the small companies act that only requires them to submit an unaudited basic balance sheet to companies house. It was only in April 2019 that the first audited accounts were submitted and only after they escaped being struck off after being late with the filing, something discussed on this forum at the time.
kommando View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 15:35
This is a classic Ponzi scheme, he fed just enough people working bikes, made sure celebrities were well catered for and gave the impression of success and wealth. Behind it was fraud.

This is the level of self delusion after his first audited accounts gave alarm bells and said they did not think there was a viable business.

I run a Classic Norton so was interested in the company and in 2010 I saw the writing on the wall, he had setup a pram company to use the Norton Trademark whilst he was sorting out the Kenny Deer 961. These were top of the line prams at £500+ a pop, but he messed that up and when the warranty claims started to pile up he dissolved the company and left all the customers high and dry. From that moment on I knew it was not going to end well. Now the Superbike revelations are coming out it was even worse that I had thought.

The other red flag was every respected person he hired left very shortly after joining. An example from 2011.

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:18
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

I hope it’s the end of him as anything to do with the industry. It all stinks of fraud from the money that started the company to the money it made from government etc. 
Hi Spoonz, he has tarnished the name of Norton, robbed pension money. Also had a good go to ruin Spondon. 
He had six Aston Martins. 
It was fraud to start with, the devastation he left behind is unbelievable😠
Rich Simpson View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 20:57
Latest instalment here

Looks like his Mrs is lined up to buy the wreckage, rinse and repeat.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 21:03
I bet that will be for royalties on the company name, merchandising etc.
kommando View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 21:51
Garner has kept ownership of Norton America PLC registered in the USA, it retains all the Trademarks outside of the UK. Metro bank are left carrying a worthless shell. Unless convicted Garner is going to walk away with his loot as he still has ownership of the value.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 18:30
It's unlikely he'll walk away.
The Pensions Regulator, and FCA will have different ideas.
I don't think there is a legit business on the planet that would touch him with a sh*tty stick.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 20:18
Alan Guffcart still whitewashing frantically ...shameful!

kommando View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 09:54
Guffcarts articles about Norton all look like they have been Ghost written by SG. He did a later one in Cyclenews in the US (see page 94).

which was even later and after the Superbike exposure of Spondon and complete miss on the Fraudulent rip off of Spondon and the use of a mortgage on their assets to fund it from the start using the other director's forged signature to get the mortgage. 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 15:34
I wonder if Guffcart's gushings, aimed at a US readership, will be used as a platform by Mrs Garner to get the 'new Norton' capitalised in the USA, then swoop in to pick up the wreckage from BDO?
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 23:30
I've just come across the news that TVS of India have just shelled out £16Mil and bought the rights/factory and undisclosed assets of Norton.

Apparently the workforce is all being kept and money and investment will be forthcoming.

Good news,but it seems the Pension Fund and small people will still be screwed unless Garner can be dragged before a court.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 09:58
Total debt at Norton, including the ripped-off pensioners who are at the back of a very long queue, is north of £28 million.

£28 million debt -
£16 million purchase price =
£12 million deficit.

a sorry tale.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 12:30
Originally posted by Rich Simpson Rich Simpson wrote:

Total debt at Norton, including the ripped-off pensioners who are at the back of a very long queue, is north of £28 million.

£28 million debt -
£16 million purchase price =
£12 million deficit.

a sorry tale.

As you say, a sorry tale, however very rarely does a buyer of a company in administration take on all of the existing debts. That's just a recipe for going bankrupt again by taking on the mistakes made by the previous owners. And what follows, usually very quickly, is a repeat experience for any employees and/or suppliers saved by purchase.

I look at in two ways really. It's not a perfect world and businesses do fail and without failures there would be no progress. Almost every successful (Large scale) business was founded by someone who has had business failures, and often bankruptcies, previously.

Of course if there is/was intent then that's a bad thing and any criminal activity should be dealt with in the correct way through the justice system. However, without Garner would Norton exist today? Would the employees have had jobs at all for the last few years? Would there be anything left to save? It's the would-be-owners who put down huge deposits that I feel most sorry for but then again I would never be stupid enough to do that in the first place.

People criticise the Limited Co. legal structure allowing people to walk away and restart but that is actually what it is designed to do. It is a recognition that we (The country, the economy) need people with ideas, vision, drive to allow society to progress without making their personal risk so great that no-one would ever take that leap. There are many checks and balances applied and the accounting/insolvency laws are there to minimise risk to the public and society as a whole. But just like any other crime, the law doesn't prevent wrong-doing it only deters it and can punish afterwards once found out.

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 20:33
True enough. Many legit businesses are teetering on the brink just now.

But Norton appears to have been run by a man using the company as a means to live very well on other people's money.

And that needs to be stopped.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic