rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Identify my Tuono

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allthings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identify my Tuono
    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 16:01
Good afternoon,

I take delivery of my 2004 Tuono on Thursday and im just sorting my insurance and when you put the registration in it states the bike is the Factory model, the dealer i bought it from also told me it was the factory model but having had a look around the net im not so sure.

Its the grey/gold one with a gold frame but only has the Showa forks and Sachs rear shocks. Im sure its going to be every bit as fun as my 2002 RSV was but id like to know what model i have bought.

Thank you

Abe
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 16:17
2004 Tuono, That's a Gen 1 isn't it? If so I don't think that year's models had the Factory designation at all, but I may be wrong, maybe they brought in that designation to match the first of the Gen2 RSV's?

I don't think I've helped you there have I?

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 16:44
factory would definitely mean onlins is it 100 percent a gen 1?
Allthings View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allthings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 16:54
Yes its the gen 1, even the logbook says factory but it doesnt seem to have any of the factory goodies. i think my insurance might have been cheaper if it registered as a standard model.

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 18:04
There is a factory version of a gen1 tuono, called the factory racing. Very similar to the tuono r racing but some cosmetic changes. 

The gold frame gen1 tuono’s which it sounds like this is I’m pretty sure we’re called the Tuono limited. Essentialy a special colour scheme. 
Allthings View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allthings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 19:33
Just had a look and the limited is Matt black mine is grey with gold graphics 
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 19:44
It's all down to the dealer who first registered the bike and what they decided to call it, or thought it was; I think my 05 Gen 1 T was registered as a 'streetfighter' FFS!
The Tuono Factory has all the trappings of the Racing, except the number boards are in white instead of yellow and the Oz wheels are anodised blue instead of the Racing's white ones.
The grey / gold with gold frame is a bog stock Tuono, which is no bad thing.
Racing / Factory also had a lot of carbon...fairing, mudguards, air intake stubs, seat unit etc, and their frames were black.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Allthings View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allthings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 19:47
Thanks for clarifying. It won't be stock for long......
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 19:51
Took Carole Nash about a month to recognise my tuono racing For what it was and not a factory, they kept asking me to send details of it as they couldn’t find it on there database, told them to google it and it would take 10 seconds to find it.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 20:05
Originally posted by Allthings Allthings wrote:

Just had a look and the limited is Matt black mine is grey with gold graphics 
I think your looking at the Tuono R limited which has ohlins etc and black paint. 

Your is likely as pic below

Allthings View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allthings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 20:10
Yep that's mine right there 
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 08:16
It's a standard Magnet Grey Tuono.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:00
Originally posted by FTM FTM wrote:

It's a standard Magnet Grey Tuono.
Does that have a gold frame ?  I remembered only limiteds having the gold. 
Allthings View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allthings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:45
mine has the gold frame yes
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 15:37
Limited has the gold frame, the magnet grey has a bronze frame as in the photo a few posts up.
My Limited.
Allthings View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allthings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 16:23
I see it's a bronze frame then 
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 01:13
so i take it we got to the bottom of this, i have only really ran into this problem with aprilia, i have seen 2011 Gen 2's and 2005 gen 1's, madness i tell you.
Allthings View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allthings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 06:16
Yes we have it sorted now. Thanks for all your help everyone 
1 more sleep till it comes 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic