rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It`s not always us

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It`s not always us
    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 09:21
This is why I am thinking of getting rid of my road bike (please heed the warning) 
you may have to click a few x`s to view...takes a few seconds to load.!shocking footage!
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:20
Sadly that could happen to any of us at any time, you could be in your car and get taken out by a hgv, luckily the rider survived apart from a broken back, sternum and wrist and was wearing an airbag suit. He certainly got some air and the driver was sent down for 16 months.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 21:19
Only two or three months until most of us venture back out, just remember however experience you are, you will be rusty. Now that wasn't the riders fault but take it easy on your first few rides.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 16:40
L88, so right, easy does it 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 20:31
That's a horrific accident I don't watch stuff like that usually until I read he had survived. Bikers worst nightmare!!!! Been thinking about an air suit for a while now.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 16:43
shocking, i know bikes are more vulnerable trust me i know, i have had plenty of scrapes and wacks to know, but this can be your kids in that "great starter car" some piece of sh*t hatchback, that gets a head on from a big 4x4
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 21:09
Hope he looses his license, for a long while and has to take the whole 
9yards, again. Driving lessons, and new test.
Should have gotten more than 16mnths.
Shake'n bake
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 21:12
3 year ban which starts when he’s released.
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 21:15
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Well thats good. Horrible driving. 
Shake'n bake
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 22:49
If the driver had anything about him he would of put his car in the scenery as there was plenty of grass run off, I know it’s easy to say in hindsight though, his mate in a rwd bmw behind easily made the corner and stopped.
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:18

If the driver had anything about him he would of put his car in the scenery
I thought that .. but I think he may have "target fixated" or ran out of skill ...
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 01:11
Originally posted by Ice-mille Ice-mille wrote:

Well thats good. Horrible driving. 

he probably wouldn't be able to or afford insurance either,
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 14:23
Puts you right off the roads doesn't it. He probably wasn't even a below average driver. I don't think he was even driving more recklessly than your average driver either. The good roads are full of sports cars driven worse than this. Particularly through the dales where their swerving across narrow stone lined roads makes getting past them dodgy.

Punishment is great as he deserves it. Especially after that American lass got away with murder. The trouble is this will probably have no effect on the behaviour of the average driver. In fact if it got shared on Facebook I imagine most would put the rider in the wrong probably.
Owen
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 16:27
blacklines some w**ker actually did blame the rider from Ap Facebook 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 16:32
he said it was his own fault for not being able to react quick enough to avoid the driver or something along those lines 
Rich Simpson View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 17:54
My take on it...

If the motorcyclist had been in a car, he'd have died. And so would the Subaru driver. Closing impact of about 120 mph. Your seatbelt, airbag and crumplezone won't protect you from the laws of physics.

Here's proof: brace yourself, it's horrible.

Strangler View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 17:11
His own fault !!! Put him on a bike if he has the balls, or even brain power to start it, what a load of s#@t !! I think I can see the bikes rear in the air so he can do no more, I've said for years that the law should be changed so if you want a full car license then you must do a bike CBT as a minimum , so people know how vulnerable we are
Rich Simpson View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 14:59
I agree, and everyone should have to sit in the cab of a lorry, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic