Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man cave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man cave
    Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 18:26
Me and my father have decided to turn 2 storage bays into work shops, we’re both going to have a unit that’s 10 x 12 meters and fully insulated with a roller door and extra wide personnel door, f##k I can’t wait as it’s been a dream to have something like this, I’m going to turn it into a full on mancave with surround sound and a big ass projector with all my bikes and posters etc. Can’t happen fast enough, looks like this at the moment.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 19:30
Thumbs Up Clap

Nice one Warren, how cool is that?!!

A palace for you and the bikes. You'll spend more time in there than in the house Wink

In fact... put a bed in there, then you can have a quick 40 winks, watch a film and return to what you were doing -without having to put all the tools away Big smile
Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 19:36
I’ve gotta be careful as I have a feeling I’ll end up living like Bert Munro, I’m gonna have a big old settee and fridge etc, somewhere me and my mates can chill out and build bikes
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 20:51
wicked man I'm incredibly JEALOUS sounds like its going to be a dream cave. When can I move inWink
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 22:42
Wow wow wow lucky you 

Jealous is an understatement ... Thumbs Up

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 22:20
I have my grandfathers big old speakers and my denon surround sound system already earmarked, need to find a big ass tv or projector with a couple old leather settees. A company next door rents bog mats and they have some old ones so I asked if I could have one, these things are 200mm thick and about 5mtr long by a metre wide, gonna make a great table and work bench.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 23:07
I HAS SHED ENVY!!!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 23:34
The build has begun
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 19:16
Woo hoo us mere mortals can only dream of a mancave this big and specced up , 

I’m about to build a much much much smaller one for myself but it will be good to finally have somewhere at home to play with a bike 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 19:31
I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve, can’t bloody wait to get in and start setting it out😊
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 19:07
Got a main roof support beam in today, big ass thing.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 18:53
That’s a big chunk of steel 

The size of it lends itself to having a mezzanine floor 

Thought about it ???

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 19:00
The steel is directly under the roof as extra support, I have thought about it in the next bay, especially if I turn it into a house
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 19:45
Jeez nice one the size of it lol ap service day at yours sometime thenWink
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 20:25
I would host one if ap wasn’t about 15 miles away from me.
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 20:34
Ah that not to bad it about 250 or more from meCry
Schorschi View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schorschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:33
I'm already looking forward to the final result. Would also be my dream!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 07:49
Started the insulation and liner sheets😊
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 09:45
Moving quick on this buddy, getting as much as you can done before the sh*tty weather kicks in. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:26
Getting as much done as possible cause I want to get into my playpen 😊
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 15:23
Will there be a grand opening party in the spring ????
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 08:29
Everyone is welcome to come round, I’ve started to collect some posters and banners etc for it and found a company for a huge clock.
http://www.sportclox.com/View-All-Clock-Products/Open-Face-clocks
They do them up to 1.2m
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 15:41
what sort of posters have you got mate? what are you into?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 18:57
Numerous from my local bike shop, going to have the rumble bee off my truck painted on the back of the roller door and the mr shifter sign from my fathers garage painted on one of the walls, the main girder is being painted Kawasaki green with a load of Kawasaki model stickers down it. Gotta find a big HEMI sign as well, maybe neon😊
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 01:52
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Numerous from my local bike shop, going to have the rumble bee off my truck painted on the back of the roller door and the mr shifter sign from my fathers garage painted on one of the walls, the main girder is being painted Kawasaki green with a load of Kawasaki model stickers down it. Gotta find a big HEMI sign as well, maybe neon😊

sounds good, get a big mopar, 7.0L sign, haha. all this talk makes me want to redo my garage, only thing is, its nowhere near my gaff.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 09:57
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Everyone is welcome to come round, I’ve started to collect some posters and banners etc for it and found a company for a huge clock.
http://www.sportclox.com/View-All-Clock-Products/Open-Face-clocks
They do them up to 1.2m

clock in a mancave?

surely that's the idea to go in and lose track of time WinkLOL

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:35

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 12:23
I was looking at the first one this morning and I found this company that I might phone about getting one made.
https://www.iconneon.com/
Jambon View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jambon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 18:47
Obvious comment is obvious etc but massive envy. Keep up the great work, looking brilliant so far.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 20:02
Nice one

Have you seen the guy on eBay selling the lazer cut Hemi 426 sign/wall plaque in stainless on eBay 

The company is unit engineering 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic