rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New kid on the block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonyj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New kid on the block
    Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 09:00
Hi all,
I would like to say hello to everybody.

I am 71, been riding bikes on and off since I was 16 .. how time fly's when your having fun.
I have owned many bikes over the years from a Lambretta 175 to 1000cc sports bikes.

I brought my first Mille R in 2001 (or 2 can't remember) I brought it brand new for.. wait for it .. £7500
I dread to think how much it would cost today.

I have just brought a 2005 Mille R in MS race colours with 7000 miles on the clock, Its being delivered this Thursday and can't wait Clap

I'm getting a bit slower now and can't do the miles ... Iv'e done track days in the past and 200 mile ride outs but those days are over .. Its shorter ride outs at a steadier pace Cry

I love my bikes and although i'm getting on in years I wouldn't want to give up riding and all the time I can still bend, ill stick with sport bikes.   Star

Built by the sane ... ridden by the insane
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 13:51
Welcome, don't worry, there's quite a few of us old sods on here Wink
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 14:08
Welcome along 

Hope i’m Still riding at your age

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 16:47
Welcome Tony,I feel like a young kid now,I'm only 66 LOL

Your history sounds like mine,first bike at 13 ( 125cc Bantam D1 rigid frame) followed by many Llambretta's and a couple of Vespa's,Triumph,Honda's,Suzuki's ,CCM,Suzuki again then Mille then added a Tuono

Not sure I'll still be riding in 4 years time though,well I'll still own the Mille but I doubt I'll be doing many trackdays
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 17:00
Hi, this is getting better by the minute .. I`m only on my 65th circuit of this planet !!
all power to yer elbow .. oh and by the way Ian G is not too buggered to be doing
track days .. just too hooked on oglin hot tottie (forginers)
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 17:44
64 here and still as mad as I was at 16 , keep going tonyj
Tonyj View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonyj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 20:53
Thank you all for your welcome comments.

When me and my mate pull up in the cafe car park full of bikers on our 1000cc sports bikes with our helmet on no one knows how old we are .. when the helmets come off and they see 2 old men with white hair, all the interest in our bikes goes.  Pop in for a cupper. sit down and look out of the window and watch them having a sneaky look at our tyres  Smile
Built by the sane ... ridden by the insane
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 20:59
61 here & still on a sports bike RC8r, keep on keeping on!
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 21:19
I've just bought a k7 gixxer thou off of my mate who has just given up biking at 76, he's gutted about it but his health is giving him problems, lowered the pegs but still struggled to get his feet on the pegs as his knees are shot from a lifetime of being an industrial sparky. I'm trying to talk him into something like a triumph tiger.
Paulo 61 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulo 61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 21:44
welcome Tony,
Only two weeks in myself, was out today stopped at the cafe in Haverhill and me and my mate where the only two sport bikes in the car park but everybody in the place had grey hair, 60 is the new 20Thumbs Up
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 20:39
this post has really put a smile on my face,

i hope you all the best in your future riding,
born in braintree myself and us essex lads gotta stick together . Beer
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 09:27
A very warm welcome from a young 37 year old whiper snapper LOL

Bout time you lot found the slippers and pipe isn't it hehe.

Fair play to you mate sure you can still hustle if you want to. As you can see a super bunch on here enjoy. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 13:34
Hello and welcome Tony Handshake

Hats off to you mate. I'm getting more disabled but hope to be able to ride right up to the pearly gates Big smile
Question everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic