rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Aprilia parts for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

US spec sidestand, Gen 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US spec sidestand, Gen 1
    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 15:38
Question everything.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 15:54
Nice find,although somewhat on the pricey side Ouch

Still,I suppose no surprise import duty and balanced against your bike falling over it's cheap at the price

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 18:47
yeah it is pricy but honda fireblade stands are around 70 odd quid, i paid £110 and then some import on mine, it was also rusty and the peg was bent. this is definitely worth a buy if your running the UK spec stands,
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 19:04
I got mine from the US for about 45 quid delivered. Big smile

There is a bit of a repair going on on the sticky outy foot prong. But looks ok.

Maybe a bit pricey, but given that they're not so easy to find and the best stand  -it's still cheaper than your bike falling over lol. I'd grab it, if I didn't have one already.

Question everything.
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 09:30
Has anyone tried the cheap ebay jobbies? I can't see how you can get a side stand wrong. Having said that, I've never had one fold up or snap and drop the bike.

The main problem you hear is them being either too long or too short so an adjustable one would be ideal you'd think.

As the £30 clipons seem to be a good quality (compared to £120 for Renthals), why would the £20 side stands not be?
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 09:56
Some of the alternatives ( not robbed from other bikes) need to be treated with caution.

When I got my Mille 10 years ago the favoured stand was made by a guy that went by the name of Bubseywoo Shocked

Some people had issues with these and he produced a Mk2 version which I bought. Shortly after that a few people had issues with these and hounded the guy all over the internet so I think he said ' fukc it' and stopped making them.

The complaint against them was the fork that forms the swivel was fabricated from 3 pieces rather than milled from solid and some people who probably abused the stands found the side plates opened up slightly.

Never had any issues with mine and it served on the Mille up until I swapped over it over to the Gen2 Tuono when she arrived a few years back where it's still going strong.

If I was doing this mod now now my first option would be genuine USA model complete,and second would probably be a 'blade unit as they're usually cheaper and more readily available
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 10:29
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

Has anyone tried the cheap ebay jobbies? I can't see how you can get a side stand wrong. Having said that, I've never had one fold up or snap and drop the bike.

The main problem you hear is them being either too long or too short so an adjustable one would be ideal you'd think.

As the £30 clipons seem to be a good quality (compared to £120 for Renthals), why would the £20 side stands not be?

It's not just the length, it's the angle. It needs to step out more to make a larger triangular footprint, thus making it much more stable.
Question everything.
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 16:03
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

It's not just the length, it's the angle. It needs to step out more to make a larger triangular footprint, thus making it much more stable.

yea this is the one, my original one was too upright and you could physically see the bike wobble in the wind every time i left it i alway thought i'd come back to her spilling her guys on the floor the US spec one leans it over about 4 inches more, just rock solid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic