rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damn, RIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damn, RIP
    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 17:38
2 bikers killed on the Helmsley (North Yorkshire) road last Sunday. Locally known as the Helmsley TT, it's a real bikers road but can catch you out if your not careful and new to the road. 
The 2 bikes were an Aprilia and a Norton, travelling in opposite directions. Apparently a head on collision.
Take it easy out there chaps.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 18:06
Early season, people still getting up to speed? Never good to hear that sort of news, as you say, take it easy, you can have fun without going mental or making risky moves.
WallyB View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WallyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 19:32
WallyB View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WallyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 19:34
Don't know why links don't work

Were you travelling along the B1257 between Stokesley & Helmsley on Sunday morning in either direction? Can you help our appeal after two bikers died in a collision? 

The crash happened on the B1257 just south of Chop Gate at around 11.50am on the morning of Sunday 9 June 2019.

A silver Aprilia motorcycle being ridden by a 56-year-old man was travelling south towards Helmsley when it was involved in a collision with a silver and black, Norton Triton motorcycle, ridden by a 63-year-old man which was travelling in the opposite direction.  

Sadly, both riders, who are both from the Cleveland area, died at the scene of the collision.

Police are appealing to anyone who was traveling along the B1257 between Helmsley and Stokesley on Sunday morning and saw either of the motorcycles prior to the incident, or witnessed the collision itself to come forward.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for the officer in case TC1415 Laura Cleary or the Lead Investigating Officer, Detective Sergeant 1658 Kirsten Aldridge from the Major Collision Investigation Team at Thirsk.
Or email MCIT@northyorkshire.pnn.police.uk

The road was closed to allow emergency services to respond to the collision and for collision investigators to examine the scene. It reopened at around 6pm.

budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 15:03
Firstly my thoughts go out to all those involved riders, family/friends and the oft forgotten emergency services who have to clean up the mess, I guess because an Aprilia was involved it becomes more personal given this is an ape forum but it's incredibly sad and a total waste regardless of what bikes were involved.   The Helmsley TT is one of my regular rides and while it's a stunning piece of tarmac it is quite challenging and needs treating with upmost respect (much look the real TT) it's very easy to over do it and end up on the wrong side of the road, I won't speculate on the specific cause of this collision but knowing the road reasonably well I can understand how things want tragically wrong.
Be careful out there... 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic