rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modifying/Tidying up my Gen 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mills94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modifying/Tidying up my Gen 2
    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 16:03
Just thought I'd make a thread with what I've been up to on my Tuono this past week/weekend. A little bit of background info... I bought the bike last February, was after the cleanest and lowest mileage bike I could find after deciding this bike will be the final big purchase before buying a house. I also wanted to go back to having a twin again after spending a few years on a cbr600f which as quick/comfy on the ar*e/ economical (60mpg) and going abroad on it it just didn't tick the boxes or instill any confidence like my old sv650 did. It really knocked my confidence if anything and put me off bikes a fair bit which I feel bad to say as it is in great nick and I had it off my dad intending on not selling it...

Anyway.. Bought the tuono, took it abroad last year and what an amazing bike, I love it to bits and even though I dont use it as often as I should, I will be making more of an effort this year. I took it to Aprilia Performance and had it serviced etc before I took it abroad so it was more a case of making it my own. I've had some new graphics made by the Image works for the rear as there were a few marks on one side and also had a gel white custom graphic made for the front to cover up the usual stone chips. So.. earlier in the week I got rid of the mahooosive rear plate with a honda garage at the bottom of it and replaced that with a 7x5.5 plate, I'm hoping this isn't  too small to be really noticeable and be pulled over but I have got the GB part on it and will get a reflector so it still looks 'legal'. Needless to say it looks loads better!

Next thing was I managed to drop on a NOS seat cowl on ebay which I've been after for ages, that was one of the main bits to be honest and a quick call to the image works pleased me when he said that the seat cowl decals are included with the rear set I ordered. The cowl arrived, it has some tiny marks on the top but nothing too much to worry about. Next thing I bought was a Jolly's carbon airbox/tray and filter which was a steal on one of the facebook pages so I'm awaiting the arrival of that. And then bought some NOS aprilia single seat exhaust hangers which are due to arrive early this week coming.

My graphics arrived yesterday and I must say are excellent fit and quality, very happy with them, so today I've been starting to apply these. I'll try and upload some pics of how the bike was originally and then later on take some more of since I've replaced them.

Next on my list is to get some Aprilia performance rearsets, a power commander at some stage to map the airbox mod, and possibly some new levers. I would like to upgrade the wheels too but realistically need to be sensible about what I'm buying for how much use I'm getting from it (house still not bought yet either!)

Anyway I'll attempt some pics...

And will upload later with the results.

Mills94 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mills94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 23:55
Bear with me whilst I upload the pics, been a long day, but rewarding. Wasn't 100% convinced about the front graphics but the more I look at them the happier I am with them. Also noticed a few niggles, one being the exhaust heat shield has a bolt missing but more importantly the exhaust looks to have burnt away some of the sheath that encases the loom/cables that run behind the rear cylinder. going to have a headscratcher trying to sort that one. Anyway, let the photos commence.

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 07:42
Yeeahh,quite liking the nose graphics,although to my eye it looks better in the first pic with only the lowers fitted

Anyway,it reminds me that I really should get around to changing the rear decals on my Dream Blue T as they are very scuffed
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Mills94 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mills94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 08:57
Cheers Ian! That's the predicament I had, I too thought I preferred just the bottom half but then I didn't know wether it looked half done or not, wether I've committed a sin or not I've actually overlayed the top ones over the originals in the hope that If I didn't like it there's a chance I may get away with peeling the top ones off and removing the glue residue from the top of the originals Confused

It's well worth doing and they didn't cost me a lot either Big smile
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 13:56
When you say new rear decals,was that the cowl or the TR flashes?

I need a pair of TR flashes and genuine Aprilia are not cheap so maybe Image Works would be a good bet?
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Mills94 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mills94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 19:16
The cowl and TR flashes on your rear panels come as a set Ian, I'll send you a PM 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 19:38
Ah,ok,thanks, that's a good price then.

Now I just need the cowl to put them on Big smile
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Mills94 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mills94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 19:41
Yes it's not bad at all, I'm sure I seen a blue one on eBay the other day! 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 20:12
One like this already decaled up would be ideal

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Mills94 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mills94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 23:08
Yeah thats the same one I seen earlier Confused doesnt see, to be on now though
Mills94 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mills94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 23:30
Been busy! my exhaust hangers have arrived and have been duly fitted, and my carbon air tray has arrived and been fitted, I shall upload some more pics tomorrow with the progress
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic