rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gen 1 shock length query

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenman1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gen 1 shock length query
    Posted: 06 May 2019 at 07:46
hi, I read on the sport bike website that for the Tuono they set the shock length to minimum. But on the manual it says to set the length to 325mm. They say the same for the rsv . So, has anyone done this? And other than making it easier to get on and off  what does it do to the handling? I'm guessing that's its to transfer more weight to the rear when on the power. But I'll like to hear from from anyone who has done this. 
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 09:16
Is it not just the ohlins rear shock that's height adjustable. I'd prefer keep the weight on the front with a tuono Big smile
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:02
Sports bike mag often seem to have oddball suspension settings. Me personally I would leave the length oem for the road unless there is a specific reason to alter it. Very short legs etc.
You can easily add or subtract a bit of preload front or rear to alter the stance if that is what u want to try.
greenman1966 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenman1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 20:24
Yes, their settings are a bit odd.
I'm on my own mission with suspension, fitted 105n spring in the rear and now using 10W oil in the front.
4 rings on the forks and shock set at standard length.
Rebound and compression settings i've had to develop myself with help from Dave Moss videos, and the man himself when he was here in Febuary.
So far, I've found that the more rebound I add the better it goes. Bike stays level, no rocking horse when on and off throttle, bike holds it's line.
But add too much compression and you get hammered by the bumps, then have to back off throttle to get around the corners.

thanks
D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic