rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello everyone!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lamby85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello everyone!!!
    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:15
hello to everyone on here. 

I'm looking at getting a gen2 2006 rsv1000 factory. I've seen one local to me and in the pictures it has the forum stickers on the belly pan and was just wondering if it was anyones on here??

Also and advice on what to ask and look out for would be most appreciated.

Here's the link

Many thanks Mathew.
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:49
Hi Mathew welcome in, bike looks good from the pictures, someone will come along if it's known on here. 

Take a look at the technical threads for the  Rsv, they have years of input from people on here about common issues and upgrades.
Not the buisest site but very specalised and invaluable if you own an Aprilia. You won't regret buying it..I be had my Gen 1 for 6 years after decades of inline fours.. love it..
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 06:03
Hi Matthew,

That looks like a nice example! Maybe a bit expensive. 

I've had mine for nearly three years now, the longest I've ever owned a bike. The torque and Vtwin motor never gets old! Not to mention the noise LOL

Good luck with the shopping!
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 07:18
Silver Gen 2. The best. Welcome.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Lamby85 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lamby85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 07:23
cheers for the comments guys. I am the lucky owner of this beast. I pick it up this weekSmileSmile. The service history on this bike is amazing and it's also just had the upgraded double lipped fork seals done. I will post some better picks when I get her home and go over it properly.

Regards Mathew.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 07:57
Love that colour scheme, enjoy the bike
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 00:17
welcome along you have good taste my friend I have the same as yourself. You will love it! Unusual colours not many around took me a while to get used to it as I've a thing for black bikes but I love my silver factory and the carbon shows much better than the black bikes. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 22:35
Welcome , bike looks great .
Lamby85 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lamby85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 22:48
thanks guys hopping to pick the bike up tomorrow but the weather is shocking.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 22:56
excited?? Crap time of year mate but on the bright side gives you time to " get to know" the bike with a good clean polish and poke about. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 01:29
Hi Lamby , you will enjoy time on here , there's plenty of help and advice , it's the Google of the rsv ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Your bike is the colour as mine was till it fell off the stand i knew they had an issue but i had only just come back from the Iom where i bought it from and was going to put a Fireblade stand on it. But it was too late and it damaged the faring and the carbonfiber air ducts by the mirrors . So i got it wrapped and rebuilt it virtually,  sometimes i wish i had kept it the original colour but it would have cost too much but because it is nowhere near oem  there wasn't much point . So if it hasn't had the stand changed i would change it.  Like everyone says on here they take a bit of getting used too, but once you master that , they are very capable bike and a refreshing change from the inline fours .
I hope you get to enjoy your bike soon , give yourself some time to get used to it and you will love it .Also be careful listening to people about modding the bike because you will end up living on the the bones of your arse ๐Ÿ˜‚
Here's mine after it's colour change 

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 07:56
Welcome into the den!

Bike looks good, and a nice colour scheme. As Dog says, if the side stand hasn't been changed then do it pronto it could save you £hundreds (Or more) in damage and untold amounts of stress leaving it anywhere especially if there is a bit of wind about. Get a US spec RSV one if you can, expensive and hard to find due to the costs of getting them from the US but worth it.

Garin View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 11:13
Welcome to the club, Nice bike, grin factor 10 !

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Lamby85 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lamby85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 13:15
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Bad apple, yeah I cant wait to have a poke about and give it a proper clean. Dog78 sorry to here about your one falling over๐Ÿ˜ข. I've managed to find a us side stand. I've got a gen3 s1000rr and a old srad600. This is my first Italian stallion v twin  I've always wanted one. Anyone around the Essex area???
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 13:37
You will love your new Italian bike,  Glad you got a proper stand for it. It's a very rewarding bike to ride. I would never sell mine , i am buying a 2015 R1 so i can preserve the Aprilia it has only which only has 12 k miles on it similar to yours. I was going to buy a gen 3 BMW SR1000,  but i settled for the R1 in the end , it was a close call , both had their merits and because it us going to a track mainly,  it was still hard to pick as they are both popular on track too.
Tbh the money it's going to cost to convert it into a superstock i could have probably bought a basic gen 4 BMW , it has lot of innovation on the new model .
Maybe in a couple years time. The trouble is they are all progressing at such a rate now , one day something on top and a few weeks later something else comes out . It's pretty hard to pick nowadays ๐Ÿ˜‚
Next week looks good weather , so you may get a few rides on the Aprilia, it will be interesting to knows you thoughts on the bike. ๐Ÿ‘
Lamby85 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lamby85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 11:33
just a quick question where's the best place to get gen2 crash bungs??

Thanks 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 11:38
R&G do it and crash bungs , you can buy direct from them the are based in Alton Hampshire. Have a look on their site๐Ÿ‘
Lamby85 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lamby85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 11:48
lovely thanks
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 11:59
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 13:37
Originally posted by Lamby85 Lamby85 wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Bad apple, yeah I cant wait to have a poke about and give it a proper clean. Dog78 sorry to here about your one falling over๐Ÿ˜ข. I've managed to find a us side stand. I've got a gen3 s1000rr and a old srad600. This is my first Italian stallion v twin  I've always wanted one. Anyone around the Essex area???

I'm not far from you I live in Norwich, often head south into Suffolk and around the Essex border. I ride in the week when most people are at work as I work nights Thursday Friday and Saturday so nice and quiet roads. Depending on how your fixed in the week I'd be happy to meet up when its a bit more bike friendly out there.
Lamby85 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lamby85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 21:10
oh cool my best mate lives in Norwich so yeah when the weathers better I'll arrange a meet mate.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 09:33
Originally posted by Lamby85 Lamby85 wrote:

oh cool my best mate lives in Norwich so yeah when the weathers better I'll arrange a meet mate.

Sounds like a plan Thumbs Up
Lamby85 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lamby85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:51
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 13:54
NICE!!!! with matching leathers I see?
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic