FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel light fix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel light fix
    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 18:25
That's the trouble with the photobucket bolox a few years back all the effort people put in to photograph and document problems has been lost just the words remain and like Ian said thats if you can find it the search function doesn't work very well especially for much older topics. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 17:50
Your lucky it was the light as my mate Chris had the same and it cut the fuel pump every time he hit a bump. Pics etc are in the technical know how section from memory but it was a lot of years ago so probably well buried by now.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 15:40
Good one , not had a problem with my 09 yet ?
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 15:18
Quite a well documented problem I believe Wink

At least it is among the older members,I notice much of what's being discussed these days are subjects that were done to death years ago back before these bikes were obsolete.

On reflection that's probably a little harsh as the search feature on here leaves a lot to be desired and most of the relevant knowledge was probably of the old AP forum anyway.

Good to have a reminder from time to time though I suppose Clap

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 14:20
Good work sure that will help someone else out in the future. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 14:09
Hi Guys,

Not posted on here in a while, just been busy with family life and bike time has been limited having a little one around the house now. Not sure if anyone else has came across this before but here goes.

After not having a functioning fuel light on my 2009 Tuono for the last 18 months I set about yesterday finding the fault. I ordered a 2nd hand pump from eBay as it was cheaper than buying a new sensor. Changed the sensor over and there was still no light. Tried other pump with my sensor and hey presto light came on so then I knew I had a wiring fault.

Had tested for continuity on the plugs on the pump before and everything was ok but this time I was getting nothing so must have been an intermittent connection. I scraped out all the potting compound and found the solder on wire for the fuel sensor had broken....what a sh*t design!!!

I replaced with the loom from the donor pump and eveything is all good now. I could have just swapped the pumps over but there's no fun in that Smile rather find the offending item. Hope this is some use to someone, would imagine there's been a fair few faulty pumps due to these wires breaking.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic