rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Wants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted, Gen 2 Arrow flanges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted, Gen 2 Arrow flanges
    Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 14:27
Similar to Deloco's post.

Long shot, but you never know if someone has a crash damaged system.

I'm after some gen 2 4 bolt flanges for an Arrow system.

Probably have to make them out of some headers I've got -or get them made. Just asking in case Wink

I'll have a word with B and C Express, the official UK distributor to see if they can supply them as well.

Question everything.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 16:03
can you not see if your old gen1 flanges fits his and his gen 2 fit yours?

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 17:31
Yes Mark, we'd thought of that buddy.

It's a possibility and we will compare measurements when Del gets back next week.

Also we could maybe get MHP to make some (Del's idea).

Send gen 1 Arrow flanges for reference and the gen 2 down pipes to copy the flange.

I'm going to cut the gen 2 headers back to where the oval becomes round and see what I can do here first. It doesn't look hard, but I'll know when I've got everything in front of me and the verniers out.
Question everything.
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 23:36
I can get some pics of my modded gen2/gen1 hybrid standard system if it will help
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 01:02
Originally posted by cheesy cheesy wrote:

I can get some pics of my modded gen2/gen1 hybrid standard system if it will help

That would be great Chris, don't know why I didn't think of asking you before. Big smile
Question everything.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 08:03
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Similar to Deloco's post.

Long shot, but you never know if someone has a crash damaged system.

I'm after some gen 2 4 bolt flanges for an Arrow system.

Probably have to make them out of some headers I've got -or get them made. Just asking in case Wink

I'll have a word with B and C Express, the official UK distributor to see if they can supply them as well.

think the easiest is to get some ten2 flanges and when the engine is in see what’s actually needed in the way of pipe from flange to headers to mate them up

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 15:07
Yes that was the original plan, got g2 headers ready. Then me and Del got talking about his and I thought it would be a big shortcut. I won't have to move all the welder and stuff from the fabrication workshop (shed lol) to the bike container. Always keep the 2 separate. Hate grinding grit anywhere near bikes. But I can stick the welder etc in the blokes workshop next door to the container thinking on. He owes me a big favour for working on his bike for 3 years, then selling it after riding it a handful of times. Some of my spares went into that free of charge.

I'll have a look at Chris's photo's when he posts them up. What I really want to see is the Arrow flange "sleeve" on the gen 2 Arrows (2 piece, flange and sleeve on g1 system), if they still sleeve into the headers like the gen1 Arrows do. Plus if the header is oval rather than round where the flange goes into the header.

I don't want to cut my Arrow system up at all. It's rare and expensive as Gabro said. I bought a converted gen 2 system off him, for gen 2 motor in gen 1. Rear header clears the shock well etc But it's like 3 times the weight of the Arrows, so it's not going on.

If the worst comes to the worst, I will buy a gen 2 Arrow system like Chris and mod that rather than mine.
Question everything.
cheesy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
top chef!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 19:38
sorry chief forgot all about this
Will get sorted
04 Tuono Fighter
1060 gen2 motor & some....
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 20:44
get some gen2 flanges laser cut and go from there with some fabrication work

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 14:30
Can't you just buy a pair of Gen II flanges from B&C Express (Arrow importer) or am I being dense?
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic