rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mille seat cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mille seat cover
    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 20:02
Howdy lads. 
 I've been after a new seat cover for my 03 Rsvr but I only wanted a plain black one, so I was struggling to find any but then found one on eBay for a decent price...only th8ng was the company had some pretty poor feedback on their car stuff(which is what they mostly do), but I did see a review from somebody on AF1 that had fitted one so thought I'd give one a go and I'm glad I did, fitted it this morning and it was a pretty easy fit, just streych it over the back section and then pull it tight and staple the f**k out of it πŸ˜€.

Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 20:15
looks great bud and half the price of most I've seen. What was up with the original just a bit worn? Ya fussy buggerSleepy
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 20:34
Haha, well to be fair there wasn't too much wrong with it Ad, it had just worm through in a couple of places on the edges and if I couldn't find a decent looking plain black replacement then I'd have just left it alone but for that price (plus the addition of the eBay 15% off voucher πŸ˜‰), I couldn't say noπŸ˜€
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 20:47
i was looking to get my seat recovered are these water poof 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 21:01
I'm honestly not sure buddy, I'd say it's as waterproof as the oem one to be honest as it's made of vinyl and you fit it over the existing cover so you've still got that barrier underneath the new one. 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 22:24
looks fantastic mate,
a job well done and took the bullet for others.

to many things like these that you usualy darent risk buying as theyre usualy sh*t and dont fit/work as advertised/promised then its a right twat getting responses and your cash back.

stunning mille too,my fave model.
gold o.z and black swinger.yummy

GMONSTA View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMONSTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 22:31
Hi, who are they from? Cheers
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 22:49
Originally posted by GMONSTA GMONSTA wrote:

This is the place buddy, they do various colours and different stitching details as well. 

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 22:54
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

looks fantastic mate,
a job well done and took the bullet for others.

to many things like these that you usualy darent risk buying as theyre usualy sh*t and dont fit/work as advertised/promised then its a right twat getting responses and your cash back.

stunning mille too,my fave model.
gold o.z and black swinger.yummy

Cheers Big Un....πŸ˜€.

Yeah, I was really hesitant to take the plunge, just thought it would be a terrible fit and be hanging off too loose or way too tight but for the cash it's a really good bit of kit I think and if you onky want a plain colour then it's probably the only option other than getting it redone by an upholsterer and then you're talking £150 Or something. 

I'm pleased with the Mille as well , Marko did all the hard work on it, I'm just tweaking a few little bits really but she's getting there now πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Œ
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 22:58
ahh forgot its markos old one.
you got a belter there old pal.
even better once youve added your own touches mate.
GMONSTA View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMONSTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 23:01
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Originally posted by GMONSTA GMONSTA wrote:

This is the place buddy, they do various colours and different stitching details as well. 

CheersSmile
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 23:16
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

ahh forgot its markos old one.
you got a belter there old pal.
even better once youve added your own touches mate.

Well it's maybe a bit more than "tweaking" it I supposeπŸ˜‰..ive stuck new calipers,pads and discs on it and some raised clip ons so i can ride it without crippling myself, oh the joys of getting older ehπŸ˜‚.

BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 23:32
bootyfull mate.
yea,i hit 46 this year and the bones and back are equivalent to 96yrs old ffs lol.

good job we have our luvly bikes to make us feel a little younger 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 07:34
just ordered one cheers padded
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:25
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

just ordered one cheers padded

Ooh good stuff fella, stick a piccy up once its all fittedπŸ˜€πŸ‘
Five50 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Five50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:26
Bike looks great - how do you find the riser bars? - have always wanted a gen 1 Mille R but when I test rode one (Standard bars) I felt pretty stretched out to the point it impacted my enjoyment.

Interested in any thoughts...
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:10
Hello buddy. 
 I felt very  cramped  up on it  when I got it, I've been used to my Tuono which didnt help as that was tweaked extensively to fit me just right, but now I've hot the raised clip ons and also modded the rearsets to sit lower it's actually not bad...still not as comfy as my Tuono but then it just wouldn't be I suppose...the clip ons have certainly eased a bit of neck and back pain that it was giving me .
Oldmanjoe View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldmanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 18:48
Looks decent, I cant find a plain black one anywhere though (likely me being thick though...)
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 19:34
Originally posted by Oldmanjoe Oldmanjoe wrote:

Looks decent, I cant find a plain black one anywhere though (likely me being thick though...)

Think this is the one you're after chap πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Oldmanjoe View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldmanjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 19:45
You’re a gent thanks πŸ‘πŸ»
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:08
No worries at all fella πŸ˜€πŸ‘
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic