rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

battery choice ...again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 22:39
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Spacers do they come with the battery or do people just use some foam or similar?
It comes with all the spacers ,4 in total just remember to turn on soon their side with the LTX14 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 23:26
If it's a shido battery they come with them.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 16:49
yep,came with them,fits in perfect.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 17:01
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

lol thats right old pal.
itll soon come back,greasy roads+new tyres+1st ride since september=twitchy bum time lol
but it soon came back.warm tarmac and them kfc bucket size chicken strips will soon be gone mate.

im hoping to use the bike more this year than ever,and get to some events and races,cadwell,donny ect.
got a new bike,new helmet and new lease of life plus a new job on continental 4 0n 4 0ff day shifts,
much better than nights so theres plenty of riding day opportunitys.
Sounds like you enjoyed it BIG UN,  come to the trackday on the July 25th , be a good day out.  It's a Thursday and you may be lucky as it might be the four day Off👍
It's starting to warm up a little now , i need to buy a new helmet too  and i think i will buy a Shoei  nxr , my Arai is about 14 years old , it's hardly had any use about 3 years and always kept in the dark . But for the track,  it would make me feel safer , hopefully i will never need to test it 😂 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 18:09
there was  some belting deals at the bike show last year pal.
i got a brand new arai hutchy isle of man rep with extra dark visor for £300.
loads of carbon x lite/shoei of all kind on offer.

the arai just fitted my great head better.

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 18:20
That's a bargain,  i have always wore Arai but later ones have a wider entry , not like the old one which you had to pull the straps out to get it on your head.  I know it's easier to get on because of the bigger opening but it felt strange to me.  I didn't have my helmet the other day so i borrowed my sister's Shoei and i preferred it to the new Arai. 
There's a Marquez rep the black ant one going for 300 quid which is the one i will get if they have my size in stock .
Funny you say about the show,  it's where i got my Arai from,  you are right there's some good deals especially towards the last days of the show 👍
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 20:22
I've got the NXR and you won't be disappointed. They are very comfortable, reasonably quiet (They don't suffer from the excessive wind noise that the out and out race models do) and extremely light, mine's only 1450g.

If you go for that Marquez black ant just check the manufacturing date. They have done a different Marquez design each year and the black ant one (I almost bought one) was for the 2015 model year. If the deal is right then fair enough but just be aware the helmet could be well into the Shoei recommended use window / warranty (7 Years from manufacture). Not that it will bother you if you current one is 14 years old!

BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 21:09
i was the other way,use tto love shoei and arai never fitted my head shape.
now with the latest designs,its the other way round!

the shoeis arent deep enough,every one i tried,half my chin was hanging out of the bottom.

same with size,needed 2xl just to get most other makes on but arai,i only needed xl.

you really cant buy online nowadays unless youve tried on already in a shop.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 21:20
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

I've got the NXR and you won't be disappointed. They are very comfortable, reasonably quiet (They don't suffer from the excessive wind noise that the out and out race models do) and extremely light, mine's only 1450g.

If you go for that Marquez black ant just check the manufacturing date. They have done a different Marquez design each year and the black ant one (I almost bought one) was for the 2015 model year. If the deal is right then fair enough but just be aware the helmet could be well into the Shoei recommended use window / warranty (7 Years from manufacture). Not that it will bother you if you current one is 14 years old!

It does bother me especially for track,  i can't remember how old they could be  when you went through scrutineering. I think it was 3 years old.  I will bear that in mind when i go to buy it . I don't intend to race but i would like to get the later date on i can.  I had never tried a Shoei before and was pleasantly surprised.  It funny how me and BIG UN have nearly swopped preferences 😂
Thanks for giving a thumbs up on the Shoei , it's always nice if someone gives you advice when they own one themselves .
This is the one Legend 
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 21:44
Ah, that's not the one I thought you meant. The black ant one I was referring to is this one:

I think the one you are looking at was 2017 model year (But don't quote me on that) and at £250 delivered can only be a bargain as they were originally £470 or so.

Fit is a strange thing. I've tried on Arai numerous times and they were just painful for me. I've always had Shoei (At least since I have bought high quality helmets) and have always found them perfect for me. However, when I bought the NXR I tried on the GT Air as I liked the idea of the built in drop down tinted visor but it nipped my brow and temples badly even wearing it for five minutes in the shop. Maybe it was the mechanism for the tinted visor that reduced the space internally.

BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 22:29
i prefer the look of the shoei shells,i think arai look bigger and more old fashioned/bulbous looking,
they just dont fit these days,as said,tight on the forehead and shirley temples.

this is the one i got,not my fave design,but its black with red so it goes with the rsv

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 22:42
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

i prefer the look of the shoei shells,i think arai look bigger and more old fashioned/bulbous looking,
they just dont fit these days,as said,tight on the forehead and shirley temples.

this is the one i got,not my fave design,but its black with red so it goes with the rsv

Very nice Big UN, i tell you put that next to a Bell it would look like a marble 😂
I didn't realise how big them Bell really were . I like the Shoei for the same reason as you about the shell size .Plus the NXR is still a normal shape . I must be getting old 😂👍
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 12:25
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Ah, that's not the one I thought you meant. The black ant one I was referring to is this one:
I couldn't get 250 quid in my size,  so i bought this one and i asked the date of manufacture as you advised . They said it was 2018 helmet, it was the same price as the one you put up link for £349 and it's was free postage from Holland.
It will be my first Shoei , i got to look for a dark visor or  they do one now that changes with the light and goes clear in low light, deal for the road. 
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302802587563

I think the one you are looking at was 2017 model year (But don't quote me on that) and at £250 delivered can only be a bargain as they were originally £470 or so.
I remember what what you said about Gt Air, so i bought the NXR,  and i might get one of them
on of them photochromic  visors , i only my sister's GTair on and i take small 55/56 like my sister and it fitted nicely,  i just hope the NXR fits just as nice.  It was tight but it was brand new and i like a tight fit to feel safe . I suppose they give a little , it such a long time since i wore a brand new helmet .
I bought a new Arai and it was written off in less than 24 hrs at Castle Coombe,  when my friend was wearing, the first and people said it probably be new saved his life, He couldn't use his because it was over 3 years old , i can't remember what age limit Acu used to put on them in the 80s , i think it was three years .

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 12:27
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic