rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

battery choice ...again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 11:39
Couple of years
aaressveeguy View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaressveeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 12:15
Shocked
wow
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 12:30
Originally posted by aaressveeguy aaressveeguy wrote:

Shocked
wow
I had mine ot from  mid July till a couple of weeks ago when put it in for a mot and it hadn't lost anything at all.
Lead acid .has had their day for me, you can when fit them upside down . But to charge from flat and start the engine in ten minutes is truly amazing,  they got a safety mechanism to stop them going totally flat to protect the battery unlike the earlier one which would be ruined of they went flat.  It's best to not do it though. .Once you had one you won't go back πŸ˜‚ 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 14:18
mines on its way and the charger,ordered the status lead,£11.99 delivered off ebay.
a.p are sending out the solenoid so all should be well for the mot next month.

cheers dog
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 17:28
No worries BIG UN, you will be well happy I am sure,  at a later date I would upgrade the leads and you will have a great starting motorbike , it does take some believing that it would start a bike. πŸ˜‚
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 17:32
you will honk the box is empty when it turns up it’s that light

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 17:37
Like Mark says it's shocking ,but you really got to experience it,  as no matter how many people tell you about its weight it doesn't prepare you for the shock πŸ˜‚ 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 19:22
lmao.
means i can have an extra pie due to weight saving lol.
will get leads done in the summer,im no good at electrics and soldering.

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 09:08
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

lmao.
means i can have an extra pie due to weight saving lol.
will get leads done in the summer,im no good at electrics and soldering.

The leads are easy the soldering iron broke down so it's tapped together πŸ˜‚ . Another job that has to be done . You can get sleeves with solder in them that you put the wires in and put a heat torch on it , it solders the wire and it shrinks either side of the wire . You can get them on eBay πŸ‘
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 14:02
Heat gun I meant , next time I am at the workshop I will take some pictures of them for you BIG UN. I will order some at the end of the month and I will post you up a few . That battery started the car the other day a diesel golf,  the battery was flat so because I had taken the Shido of the bike again I used it to jump the car πŸ˜‚ 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 18:24
lmao.excellent buddy.

battery came today...or rather,what feels like an empty box ffs lol.

150a solenoid also arrived from griff,so top marks there from the a.p boys.

mustve been a one off rare accasion last time indeed.cheers lads.

just awaiting the noco 3500 and status lead,hopefully theyll be here tmrw pal.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 18:33
I said you would be surprised by the weight and the size of it,  the 12 BS is even smaller πŸ˜‚ 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 18:49
dog 78 what are these soldering sleeves called i plan on doing some stuff in the year and could do with this kind of thing 
cheers
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 18:56
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0716GK2F2/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here you go,  just heat them with a heat gun  with the wires you want solder together and the solder melts and the ends shrinks tight making the connection waterproof aswell.  Easy, make a neat job and a piece of piss πŸ˜‚ 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 22:49
They look like a really good solution for me, I'm like you Bigun not a fan of dealing with anything electronic and I don't have a soldering iron if I'm forced to do any connections I crimp and insulate with tape but its fiddly and never seems like it will stand the test of time. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 22:55
They are great Adam, easy to use and it insulates it and solders and it's waterproof all in  few seconds πŸ‘
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 23:17
perfect mate top tip thanks 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 05:46
cheers dog78
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 12:29
Sounds like you're all having fun and games 😊
If you need any advice or guidance with your electrical concerns give me a shout, we can help out wherever possible. 
Remember that RSVR. net Premium members get the kits discounted due to you being part of AP.

BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 14:17
cheers john,ill be taking you up on the offer soon buddy.
last piece of the charging jigsaw.
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 18:21
no problem at all, give me a shout, we'll get you sorted BigunπŸ‘πŸΌ 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 19:01
cheers old pal.Cool
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 12:57
I just started my T after 3 weeks sitting in a cold,damp garage and it started as usual before it had time to turn over more than a revolution or so.

And I never even bothered to charge the thing out of the box nearly 2 years ago,just threw it on and then left the bike for weeks at a time.

Lead acid are ancient history Big smile
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 21:14
thats great to hear ian mate.
i spose i could fit it now,it took 10mins to charge up in the house from 25% upto 100%!!

the bike wont be going anywere yet,at least not till its mot next month,
so ive left new shido charged in my room.
be interesting to see if its actualy lost anything at all by the time i fit it in a few weeks,
doesnt sound like it will have from what youve just said mate.

just awaiting the status lead to arrive now.
fit it all plus 150a solenoid and all should be great.
should be bugger all to worry about on that side again now.

as you say,my old tuono was like that with the upgraded cca acid battery plus 150a starter,
barely pushed the starter button and itd roar into life immediately.
night and day compared to the std set up.

ill try the new g3500 charger on the old battery,see what it says,
the oxford 900 can go in the bin,piece of crap.

see if the new charger can do anything with the old acid battery.

constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 15:43
after reading all this just ordered the charger battery and lead 
cheers
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 23:15
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

after reading all this just ordered the charger battery and lead 
cheers
I want to see your face when you first pick up the battery πŸ˜‚, you won't regret it constant .
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 18:51
wow not even 1 kilo your right i didnt think it would not be that lite well impressed and the noco 3500 charger feels well made too 
cheers fellers
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 21:12
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0716GK2F2/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here you go,  just heat them with a heat gun  with the wires you want solder together and the solder melts and the ends shrinks tight making the connection waterproof aswell.  Easy, make a neat job and a piece of piss πŸ˜‚ 

Got these, multi meter and a butane heat gun winging its way to me so I can try and sort the electrics out on a little cbf125 im fixing up next week. Cheers Rich let the electrical fun begin!
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 21:19
Hi Adam,  they don't take a lot of heating for the solder to melt, i think you will like using them .
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 21:51
Cheers mate I'll let you know 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic